Forums Latest Members
  1. Wobeil

Wobeil Jan 15, 2022

I was in a jewelery store today with my wife. They are an authorized Tag dealer and had a large display of new models.

I wear a 2001 Tag Exclusive Automatic that I have owned forever and love. I was disappointed with the direction Tag has taken.

First of all, the watches were huge. They looked more like small clocks on a strap rather than watches.

Secondly, they looked much more upscale, dressy, and somewhat flashy which is not my style at all. Even the Aquaracer which replaced my watch was very large and just looked ostentatious.

I much prefer the solid, rugged looks of the older models. I hope Tag hasn't lost their way because I am a fan of the brand.

Edited Jan 15, 2022
  2. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 15, 2022

I think many of us diehard TAG Heuer fans feel the brand should be doing better and aren't that enthusiastic about the current direction. Lots of discussion here in this thread.

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 15, 2022

Welcome to the forum Wobeil, you are gonna fit right in...

PhillipDB, abrod520, Wobeil and 3 others like this.
  4. Yago

Yago Jan 15, 2022

Maybe look at the Ladies models. I’d choose a 36mm AR over a 43mm.

5. Wobeil

Wobeil Jan 15, 2022

Sarcasm?

If serious, I actually had the same thought. Unfortunately, it is more than just the size of the watches that I found unattractive.

Other than size, my main issue is that they look overly ostentatious and showy. More like "hey look at me". In my opinion it just looks cheap.

6. Wobeil

Wobeil Jan 15, 2022

Thanks for the link

Mspeedster likes this.
  7. Yago

Yago Jan 15, 2022

Only mild ;)
    I wear 36-40mm watches. My favourite is a 36mm Carrera.

Wobeil likes this.
  8. Wobeil

Wobeil Jan 15, 2022

The new line up made me think of a bright yellow Corvette and not in a good way.

9. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 15, 2022

TAG Heuer’s portfolio is very diverse and a certain model line may suit your taste (or wallet) pretty well or not. I may not agree with some of the designs but it is just me and TH caters to a variety of consumers, some are old, some are new, some are forgotten and some are just stubbornly loyal. ;)

Stories like yours with your TAG Heuer watch speaks good about the brand. Good quality which lasts more than its time :thumbsup:

Albert-AMG likes this.
  10. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 16, 2022

Someone left a comment on my blog the other day, said - I paid £1100 for a TAG Heuer, the crown broke off, it never kept good time and after 20 years I chucked it away.

From that I surmised it was quartz, so time was most likely accurate. If he broke the crown off he probably did something stupid with it, and he kept it twenty years and threw it away.... so it can't have been that bad, and if he threw it away rather than sold it it was probably beat up bad.

thingziliketoo and kappa_md like this.