New 2024 TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300

Confirmed my suspicions of the TH31 being the replacement for the cal 5 (so far).

Confirmed my suspicions of the TH31 being the replacement for the cal 5 (so far).

Not sure what the TAG designation is for the new 3-hander, but it's an AMT manufacture movement and no longer a Sellita SW200.

closed case backs being used still also

Not sure what the TAG designation is for the new 3-hander, but it's an AMT manufacture movement and no longer a Sellita SW200.
It’s a TH31 I’m guessing. It already is in the product database. The GMT is TH31-03

closed case backs being used still also
One thing high in my list for my first watch was an open caseback so I could see the lovely movement and admire it. My Seamaster obviously came with one but in all honesty, whilst it is cool to look at, I barely do in reality. I find the closed caseback on the new Summer Blue a lot cooler tbh.

The Aquaracer diver caseback is very cool too in my opinion.

One thing high in my list for my first watch was an open caseback so I could see the lovely movement and admire it. My Seamaster obviously came with one but in all honesty, whilst it is cool to look at, I barely do in reality. I find the closed caseback on the new Summer Blue a lot cooler tbh.

The Aquaracer diver caseback is very cool too in my opinion.

Agree, just thought TH might go open to show the new movement.

Divers IMHO should be closed case back.

My Panerai was open, whilst great as manual wind (no seconds hand as a base model) so open case back easy tell if wound. But found it stuck too much to the wrist.

My BB58 closed and no issues. (Although like Rolex nothing exciting to look).

Least the Seamaster had a nice detailed movement. The Speedy I owned was lovely to view. Carrera OK also. But the Monaco why!!!!

Personally prefers the older Aquaracer caseback dial helmet, without the patterns around it.

Equally the older Seamaster seahorse case backs look nicer.

Also makes the watch thinner.

Maybe one day when I purchase the GO PanoLunar for my 50th, I’ll be happy with open case back.

manufacture
This nonsense word really annoys me. It is often used to define a "finer" movement even though the word literaly means "manufactured". Would you refer to the sw200 as a Sellita manufacture movement or is it reserved for certain brands like AMT and Chanel/Kennisi?

This nonsense word really annoys me. It is often used to define a "finer" movement even though the word literaly means "manufactured". Would you refer to the sw200 as a Sellita manufacture movement or is it reserved for certain brands like AMT and Chanel/Kennisi?

No this is a movement built by AMT manufacture though it is to TAG's spec. So yes a Sellita SW200 is a Sellita manufacture movement, but in TAG's case they were just off the shelf and not finished at all which is the main issue with them

In house manufactured is not what the customer thinks any more... a more apt description would be in house commission piece..

The th 31, th 30, th 50 and the movement in the split second Monaco are collaborative efforts( nothing wrong with that) but the wording and advertisement can seem misleading

No this is a movement built by AMT manufacture though it is to TAG's spec. So yes a Sellita SW200 is a Sellita manufacture movement, but in TAG's case they were just off the shelf and not finished at all which is the main issue with them
Yeah I know but you see my point about the selective usage of the word 'manufacture' when brands want to signal superiority of specific movements

Yeah I know but you see my point about the selective usage of the word 'manufacture' when brands want to signal superiority of specific movements

Sure, but in this case I think it will be a superior movement

How long do you think it will take them to discover that these have been discovered and take them down?

Or, could this be a "planned leak"?