New 2024 TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300

Plus, I do have some Omega rubber straps for the Seamasters, and unlike the bracelet, they taper.

I no longer have an Aquaracer. The last one to go was the orange one.
IIRC, didn't you also own the 844 tribute at one point?

You're such an Omega fan boy now, soon you'll be selling all your TAGs. 🙁 lol 😉

IIRC, didn't you also own the 844 tribute at one point?

I did, it was the second to last Aquaracer to go.

soon you'll be selling all your TAGs. 🙁 lol 😉

😲 No sir! 😉

Be interested to get @bpsmith view on both the Seamaster & Aquaracer as I know you have both @Jemagloh not sure you own an Aquaracer.

Oddly the Seamaster when tried on with the rubber wears good, but the Aquaracer at 43mm wore too big.

How do you find both wear? Are the L2L the same? I presume the lyre lugs make the an Omega wear better? and case finishing better? Bezel action on each the same?

Wondering if the new 42mm may wear smaller than the current generation.

The Seamaster was what I finally bought after hunting for my first nice watch, as a one and done. lol Aquaracer was high on my list too, so was inevitable that I would get one of those too.

Really happy with both, I must admit, but they are just different despite people’s opinion being that TAG Heuer have copied Omega for certain aspects. Not trying to dredge that back up, as they are entitled to their own opinion, I just mean that there has been room for both in my small collection without feeling like I have two the same.

I liken the Aquaracer to being a fun piece that is more tool like in its appeal vs the Seamaster feeling a bit more dressy in comparison. Others may laugh at a Seamaster being my dressier watch and I get that too, as it is a diver at the end of the day.

The Seamaster does feel like a better design overall and definitely a step up in quality. Hidden quick adjust is neater looking and the edge of the clasp doesn’t foul the bracelet like the Aquaracer clasp does. Just as an example of finishing quality.

I know @Jemagloh would prefer a taper, but I just like it as it is. Might see the light as and when such tapered version arrives, where I may well be proven wrong. Happy to admit that if the time comes too. In the meantime, I think it’s pretty sweet as is, old fashioned styling or not.

My Aquaracer does wear larger than the Seamaster, slightly, but then it’s bright orange vs black so could be part of that feeling. Could also be the hands and dial text of the Seamaster filling the space better too perhaps. It’s only a minor difference though, with both looking and feeling nice on my flat 6.5” wrist.

I don’t own the rubber strap for either, yet, but have contemplated both. I just haven’t because I like the Seamaster strap design better but like the bracelet too much, so think I wouldn’t wear the rubber enough. The new version strap might look better though? I very nearly bought the Ceramic Seamaster but the tang type buckle stopped me as was terrible to fit and was either way too tight or way too loose. Deployant clasp option changes that though.

Bezel action is nice on both, but Aquaracer is easier to turn as the shape and knurled edges are a bit easier to grip. Not a huge amount in it though, just the Seamaster design elements are more for show than use. Click action nicer on Seamaster though, once moving

Overall, they’re both great watches, there’s no doubt about it. I just see the Aquaracer as my fun watch and the Seamaster as something classier. Colour may well be part of that mind you.

Have you seen the Summer Blue Seamaster in real life. Now that was something, fair play. I have seen the Green too and like that a lot also.
Edited:

Thanks, interesting, they have the black and what looks like the green one (in steel). Small tweaks - I don’t dislike them, and pricing seems just above the calibre5s (could be an error). Will see if they produce the orange dial one & have a look.
Overall, I also like what I’m seeing (especially the green one), but I have a hard time understanding why they touched the hour hand… Dare I say that it now reminds me of a stylized circumcised p…s? 😲

Awesome!!

WBP5111
WBP5116

I wonder if pricing is correct?? Only €3750 😲
Told you it’s becoming a buyer’s market… They can’t officially lower prices on existing models, but they can offer more (compared with outgoing models) on new ones 😉

Overall, I also like what I’m seeing (especially the green one), but I have a hard time understanding why they touched the hour hand… Dare I say that it now reminds me of a stylized circumcised p…s? 😲
Excellent. I can’t unsee that now. 😀

I know @Jemagloh would prefer a taper, but I just like it as it is. Might see the light as and when a such tapered version arrives and may well be proven wrong. Happy to admit that if the time comes too. In the meantime, I think it’s pretty sweet as is, old fashioned styling or not.

I should clarify that I do like the Seamaster bracelet, too (even without the taper). I would just welcome a tapered version down the road. 😀

I should clarify that I do like the Seamaster bracelet, too (even without the taper). I would just welcome a tapered version down the road. 😀
I get it, that’s cool. Others have said similar, plus about it being dated too. My words weren’t aimed at you and I am not having a dig either. All opinions matter, especially to @McBeardy who appears to be ready to make a purchase soon?

Btw, if anyone is interested in the WBP Aquaracer 300s (the version prior to 2024), they are showing up in the outlets here in the US (specifically the blue, black, silver models as well as the GMT).
Edited:

I no longer have an Aquaracer.

tumblr_n2pgitiHs11tw1vhco1_500.gif

LOL did someone tell Geneve watch company to get their shit together

Good thing we saved printscreens of it all and can continue to share to those who wish for a preview 👍

IMG_2668.jpeg

LOL did someone tell Geneve watch company to get their shit together

Good thing we saved printscreens of it all and can continue to share to those who wish for a preview 👍

IMG_2668.jpeg

ha naughty naughty.

Anyone know when the announcement is due?

End of the month/early June, apparently.
Edited:

Btw, if anyone is interested in the WBP Aquaracer 300s (the version prior to 2024), they are showing up in the outlets here in the US (specifically the blue, black, silver models as well as the GMT).
Also in Roermond: Black or blue (2.5k EUR on rubber; 2.55k on bracelet) as well as the GMT (2.7k EUR on rubber; 2,75k on bracelet).

End of the monte/early June, apparently.

Thanks - not long to see if there are any other models.

they are just different despite people’s opinion being that TAG Heuer have copied Omega for certain aspects.

*waves* 👍

I liken the Aquaracer to being a fun piece that is more tool like in its appeal vs the Seamaster feeling a bit more dressy in comparison.

Totally agree, I see my Aquaracers as a bit of fun, particularly the Night Diver. My BB58 is my more dressy piece.

Also in Roermond: Black or blue (2.5k EUR on rubber; 2.55k on bracelet) as well as the GMT (2.7k EUR on rubber; 2,75k on bracelet).
I was not aware of an outlet this close to home 😲 is there a way to see current stock for example in a whatsapp catalogue like bissster village in England town does?