Forums Latest Members
  1. southtexas

southtexas Sep 13, 2023

Hello all, my BIL owns an Aquaracer w/ quartz movement. As the pictures show, it is in need of some repair. I collect old automatics so quartz movements are a mystery to me.

Clearly, the dial and date are misaligned, but the crown/stem still moves the hands forward/backward when pulled out to the setting position. When trying to advance the date, it “clicks” but does not advance.

I’m not familiar with how the dial/date wheel are normally affixed to this movement, but somehow they’ve rotated even though the stem is still firmly in place at 3 o’clock. I guess the dial isn’t attached to the movement?

The crystal was poorly installed during the last service (from a local guy) and subsequently cracked. It was not mounted flush/level. I’m assuming the originals are sapphire?

Where can I find the part number for the crystal so that he can buy an original one? Or, does anyone suggest a high quality aftermarket crystal for this reference that will provide a waterproof fit? Waterproof is a must.

Here are some photos, thanks in advance for any help.

IMG_1223.jpeg
    IMG_1224.jpeg IMG_1221.jpeg IMG_1222.jpeg IMG_1220.jpeg

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 13, 2023

TAG Heuer Aquaracer 'Crash' Limited Edition...

3. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Sep 13, 2023