New 2024 TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300

Ah man I miss those ‘hoodride days’. Oh to be young again!

Don’t get me wrong I don’t actively creating patina on my watches, I’m now just more carefree with using them & non fussed by those marks, etc.

Yes if I dropped it and the case got dented or sapphire chipped that would annoy me & I’ll deal with those if/ when.

I’m still on the fence of polishing when servicing. Can see both sides of the argument

😀

My first car was a ‘73 Beetle, which would have been a genuine ratter with its dented wings and rattle can paintjob. Body was sound though, so got stripped back and replaced the wings, bonnet and boot with the pre ‘67 versions along with Rossi headlights. Went with the one piece windows and no chrome for the Cal Look, but ended up with chrome blade bumpers after that. Proper clean pristine car in the end. That was 30 years ago mind you.

Took the classic styling but with a modern finish and purple paintjob. Sums me up I guess.

I am not sure on polishing either tbh. If it’s done perfectly, then I am ok with that, but if it isn’t proper clean in its cut then it will look worse.

I kind of get people saying that the dents and scrapes create memories, but it depends on the circumstances. I just can’t understand someone complaining that their watch was polished and now they have lost that moment when they scraped it cleaning their garage, washing their car, or dropping it on rocks when trying to get the perfect Insta photo. lol

I wouldn’t worry about the green fad full stop. The only time that will affect you is if you were buying just to be in fashion at any given point.

You would be buying because you actually like it, irrespective of fads, so any comments on being dated will not have any affect on you!

Keep it long enough and it will be in and out of fashion many times as the watch industry rotates its colours routinely.

I would still like that Tudor Pink Chrono, despite people already rubbishing it as they appear to become more readily available. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest though, as am actually hoping interest wanes so I can get one. 😀

of course I get that, & I wouldn’t by a watch just because of fashion. To be fair I’ve even gone off blue dial watches since having the Monaco & I like & wear a lot of blue!

I’d buy what I like, but IMHO the green looks more versatile

I guess it depends on how romantic you are about it. Adrian made a video a while back moaning that his watch was polished and no longer felt like his watch. Personally I don't take pleasure from attaching stories to scratches in my case or bezel, so they could send me a brand new watch if they wished. Same with the movement, they can put a brand new movement in as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

of course I get that, & I wouldn’t by a watch just because of fashion. To be fair I’ve even gone off blue dial watches since having the Monaco & I like & wear a lot of blue!

I’d buy what I like, but IMHO the green looks more versatile
You don’t strike me as someone into fads, hence my post trying to point out exactly that. It’s futile anyway.

I think the green is very versatile. I looked at the blue to start with, but it was just over the top and looked cheap on wrist. Just my opinion obviously.

Ended up with the black for versatility too. Yes, it’s a safe choice, but it continues to grow on me with that chrome like finish when light hits at an angle. Probably the same with the green I would imagine, before the green colour catches your eye after looking black or dark grey for a bit. I like the red text though, so that’s the only drawback for me on the green. Others prefer the clean white text instead though.

Now if the Summer Blue was around when I was buying, I would probably have jumped on that. Such an amazing finish, albeit more obvious than the black or the green. Big question would be whether I would still like it as much as the black after a few years?

I guess it depends on how romantic you are about it. Adrian made a video a while back moaning that his watch was polished and no longer felt like his watch. Personally I don't take pleasure from attaching stories to scratches in my case or bezel, so they could send me a brand new watch if they wished. Same with the movement, they can put a brand new movement in as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
Have you no soul!?! 😀

😀

My first car was a ‘73 Beetle, which would have been a ratter with the dented wings and rattle can paintjob. Body was sound though, so got stripped back and replaced the wings, bonnet and boot with the pre ‘67 versions and Rossi headlights. Went with the one piece windows and no chrome for the Cal Look, but ended up with chrome blade bumpers after that. Proper clean pristine car in the end. That was 30 years ago mind you.

Took the classic styling but with a modern finish and purple paintjob. Sums me up I guess.

I am not sure on polishing either tbh. If it’s done perfectly, then I am ok with that, but if it isn’t proper clean in its cut then it will look worse.

I kind of get people saying that the dents and scrapes create memories, but it depends on the circumstances big time. I just can’t imagine someone complaining that their watch was polished and now they have lost that moment when they scraped it cleaning their garage, washing the car, or dropping it on rocks when trying to get the perfect Insta photo. lol

ha I get that. Guess with my BB58 a lot the scratches have come from times playing with my daughter, it was bought when she was born and will be hers when she’s 18.

Ah the bugs had a bout 8-9 in my life. 1st was a 69 1500, stock look, then went onto a 72 done in a cal look, later a 73 euro look convertible. One of my favs was an early 65 1200. Also had a 71/72 Notchback, later almost bought a 55 Oval, and was going to go the Hoodride look with that. In the end went MK1 Golf 5dr 1500 slammed to the floor on wide 15s. Handled like a go kart but my God you felt every party of the road

You don’t strike me as someone into fads, hence my post trying to point out exactly that. It’s futile anyway.

I think the green is very versatile. I looked at the blue to start with, but it was just over the top and looked cheap on wrist. Just my opinion obviously.

Ended up with the black for versatility too. Yes, it’s a safe choice, but it continues to grow on me with that chrome like finish when light hits at an angle. Probably the same with the green I would imagine, before the green colour catches your eye after looking black or dark grey for a bit. I like the red text though, so that’s the only drawback for me on the green. Others prefer the clean white text instead though.

Now if the Summer Blue was around when I was buying, I would probably have jumped on that. Such an amazing finish, albeit more obvious than the black or the green. Big question would be whether I would still like it as much as the black after a few years?

Indeed the summer blue is nice, also comes down to how many watches in your collection, let’s be honest black divers are a dime a dozen! If only 1 watch (& I’ve a mate who’s looked for a 1 & done) and he’s only interested in black diver.

I do prefer the the closed caseback on the summer blue.

I remember that video and the company was local to me. Covid put shut to them & I think now a shop in Marbella!

guess patina isn’t very avant garde, nor suits the style of watches you into.

I remember that video and the company was local to me. Covid put shut to them & I think now a shop in Marbella!

guess patina isn’t very avant garde, nor suits the style of watches you into.

Well yes, that's true a Kirium with scratches on it is just a bashed up watch. I never really thought about that... funny that some watches would be seen as patinated and some just knackered.

I also have zero concerns about my green Aquaracer eventually becoming 'out of fashion'.

ha I get that. Guess with my BB58 a lot the scratches have come from times playing with my daughter, it was bought when she was born and will be hers when she’s 18.

Ah the bugs had a bout 8-9 in my life. 1st was a 69 1500, stock look, then went onto a 72 done in a cal look, later a 73 euro look convertible. One of my favs was an early 65 1200. Also had a 71/72 Notchback, later almost bought a 55 Oval, and was going to go the Hoodride look with that. In the end went MK1 Golf 5dr 1500 slammed to the floor on wide 15s. Handled like a go kart but my God you felt every party of the road

Those marks are different, I hear you there. Cool to pass it on too. My boy really doesn’t feel watches at all, so means nothing to him, plus I got into this when he was 15.

Some over cool veedubs on that list, fair play!

I very nearly bought a Squareback when selling my Beetle, but ended up with a Mk1 Golf GTi instead. The most fun car I have ever owned, albeit completely unrefined. Proper shifted with a few mods too. Then had an E30 3 series for a while, followed by a few random cars, before getting a bright red pristine Mk3 Golf Driver. Ran that on coilovers with 15” G60 steels in winter and 15” 6.5” wide polished Castellet’s from a Passat which were uber hard to find. Mk3 really did grow on me with that combo. Roof sat at the same height as a Range Rocer’s bonnet! 😀

Maybe if I had a more interesting life I would feel differently? Like if the scratches on my watch were from when I went diving in the Bahamas, or that time I crashed a motorbike in Monaco... but any damage is more likely to come from bashing it against my garage wall or dropping it while adjusting the date. Doesn't really give me feels

Indeed the summer blue is nice, also comes down to how many watches in your collection, let’s be honest black divers are a dime a dozen! If only 1 watch (& I’ve a mate who’s looked for a 1 & done) and he’s only interested in black diver.

I do prefer the the closed caseback on the summer blue.

I don’t think people appreciate a black diver unless they worn one for a while. Yes, I have the Orange Aquaracer and the Red Bull FXD for a bit of fun too, but you wouldn’t buy either of those as a one and done, let’s be honest.

Take the latest black Tudor Black Bay on the Jubilee bracelet. So plain and ordinary looking, but I just think it’s also very cool too.

EDIT:

That case back on the Summer Blue is superb!

I also love the fact that I just rubbished the normal blue Seamaster, and you just rubbished my black Seamaster, but nobody takes offence as well understand that it’s personal preference and that it would be boring if we all liked the same.

I don’t think people appreciate a black diver unless they worn one for a while. Yes, I have the Orange Aquaracer and the Red Bull FXD for a bit of fun too, but you wouldn’t buy either of those as a one and done, let’s be honest.

Take the latest black Tudor Black Bay on the Jubilee bracelet. So plain and ordinary looking, but I just think it’s also very cool too.

There’s a reason a Speedy Pro & Rolex Sub have stood the test of time for many years. Heck even a Cartier Tank

There’s a reason a Speedy Pro & Rolex Sub have stood the test of time for many years. Heck even a Cartier Tank

Black goes with everything. Plus you can't get bored of it cos it's boring to start with....

EDIT:

That case back on the Summer Blue is superb!

I also love the fact that I just rubbished the normal blue Seamaster, and you just rubbished my black Seamaster, but nobody takes offence as well understand that it’s personal preference and that it would be boring if we all liked the same.

Whoops didn’t event realise I rubbished your black one! Ha it’s a great watch FYI & I can see why people have it as a one and done. Just not for me ha

Whoops didn’t event realise I rubbished your black one! Ha it’s a great watch FYI & I can see why people have it as a one and done. Just not for me ha
I only mentioned that because I was enjoying the honest responses, which demonstrates this wonderful hobby.

I am a big proponent of being honest with opinions. 😀