New 2024 TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300

How different are they in size? I too tried the TH on today but the assistant looked at me in disbelief when I mentioned ‘discount’ will look again when in my local AD, on another not note tried on a SH ‘tank’, nice, no pics as no phone with me.

How different are what Martin? The Aquaracer and the Seamaster?

How different are they in size? I too tried the TH on today but the assistant looked at me in disbelief when I mentioned ‘discount’ will look again when in my local AD, on another not note tried on a SH ‘tank’, nice, no pics as no phone with me.
What is a SH tank? All I get from google is super heavy tanks. Did you try on one of these?

upload_2024-7-26_20-36-42.jpeg

Size between Aquaracer & Seamaster? Or new Aquaracer & old one?

Between the Aqua & Sea not much. Although L2L is longer on the Seamaster, the lyre lugs hug the wrist better, whilst the Aquaracer is more flat on the wrist.

Between the old & new Aquaracers, I felt the older was very large in my wrist almost comically too wide. Whilst the new one didn’t have an issue and felt a good fit.

SH? Seamaster Heritage?

How different are what Martin? The Aquaracer and the Seamaster?
Yes, they look quite different sized when by side, sorry ‘SH’ should have read second hand Bulgari tank cased watch, deleted some of the post because it was in caps lock mode then I was distracted when some asked did I want another drink! One thing at a time is my limit.

Now this is what I needed
Much as I prefer the Seamaster bracelet, if I was judging these on looks of the dial and bezel alone, the Aquaracer just looks so much nicer in that green when next to each other.

Green Seamaster is cool on its own though, but loses something to the Aquaracer.

I’ve seen the green Seamaster and it does look great in fairness. Actually nicer than it looks in that video. Even looks an earthy grey in some light, which I enjoyed too.

It’s just from that one video I would choose the Aquaracer.

I’ve seen the green Seamaster and it does look great in fairness. Actually nicer than it looks in that video. Even looks an earthy grey in some light, which I enjoyed too.

It’s just from that one video I would choose the Aquaracer.

Think that’s the appeal for me on the Seamaster, the green is really subdued, and seems to work for different attire, I’m not a the green fad will last, and in a few years people will be like why go green?

Least with is always a fun summer colour.

Both have pros & cons. The Tag green is was shocked how much I got Rolex vibes from the colour way.

Slightly off topic but watched this guys video last night - just for some wind down -
& in tend to agree with his concluding thoughts - for me personally theres something appealing about a watch getting old with you, and the fact whilst these modern dive watches are great, they won’t age the same way due to their materials used.

Oh God, with the soul again... if I'm paying thousands of pounds I want that thing to look like new forever.

Oh God, with the soul again... if I'm paying thousands of pounds I want that thing to look like new forever.

hell no! Only think I like to new is my car oddly & trainers.

watches, jeans, boots all better with a bit of patina.

But Rob you don’t even get your dive watches wet.

Think that’s the appeal for me on the Seamaster, the green is really subdued, and seems to work for different attire, I’m not a the green fad will last, and in a few years people will be like why go green?

Least with is always a fun summer colour.

Both have pros & cons. The Tag green is was shocked how much I got Rolex vibes from the colour way.

Slightly off topic but watched this guys video last night - just for some wind down -
& in tend to agree with his concluding thoughts - for me personally theres something appealing about a watch getting old with you, and the fact whilst these modern dive watches are great, they won’t age the same way due to their materials used.
I wouldn’t worry about the green fad full stop. The only time that will affect you is if you were buying just to be in fashion at any given point.

You would be buying because you actually like it, irrespective of fads, so any comments on being dated will not have any affect on you!

Keep it long enough and it will be in and out of fashion many times as the watch industry rotates its colours routinely.

I would still like that Tudor Pink Chrono, despite people already rubbishing it as they appear to become more readily available. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest though, as am actually hoping interest wanes so I can get one. 😀

I like mine to look as good as possible for as long as possible too. I don’t get my dive watches wet either. lol

I am actually ok with a few marks now, unlike when new to the hobby, but I really don’t get the point of actively trying to make a watch look worn.

It’s like the ratter classic VW craze where people create patina. They just don’t get that it’s not patina if it’s faked. 😉

I don't. That's true. And all the watches I bought new still look like new. But I don't see why you're singling out dive watches, no new watches will age like that...

I like mine to look as good as possible for as long as possible too. I don’t get my dive watches wet either. lol

I am actually ok with a few marks now, unlike when new to the hobby, but I really don’t get the point of actively trying to make a watch look worn.

It’s like the ratter classic VW craze where people create patina. They just don’t get that it’s not patina if it’s faked. 😉

Ah man I miss those ‘hoodride days’. Oh to be young again!

Don’t get me wrong I don’t actively creating patina on my watches, I’m now just more carefree with using them & non fussed by those marks, etc.

Yes if I dropped it and the case got dented or sapphire chipped that would annoy me & I’ll deal with those if/ when.

I’m still on the fence of polishing when servicing. Can see both sides of the argument

I don't. That's true. And all the watches I bought new still look like new. But I don't see why you're singling out dive watches, no new watches will age like that...

because the videos & thread is about dive watches. I get faded dials or lume etc won’t happen on new watches, but bezel marks will and the shininess will leave with a few scrapes here & there. 5yrs in my BB58 bezel is starting to loose its gilt, the case is showing marks. Those things to me are how I like the watch to look.

Those with ceramic bezels ain’t going to look like that. Yes their case will be marked & bracelets, but those can be remedied upon service & if you want you watch to look pristine that’s cool.