New 2024 TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300

No, and I agree it seems much smaller than 1mm less

I think it's because it's smaller in almost all aspects, not only case diameter.

The lug to lug is shorter (around 2mm), case is smaller (about 1mm) dial is a fraction smaller (0,5mm) lug width is smaller (0,5mm) slightly less beefy lugs, when you take it all into acount it'll all add up.

It's the opposite of what happened with the current Seamaster.

The current Seamaster is just a bit bigger than the previous gen in almost every aspect (larger dial, longer lug to lug, bigger case, thicker) but when all was said and done, the new one looks bigger than the 1mm case increase.

They now both have crappy hour hands.
While they may both be a crappy design, the Aquaracer handset is more legible, especially in the dark, the lume on the Seamaster hands craps out quickly. It's always been a weak point of the Seamaster and hasn't gotten much better, you're left with only a dot and a triangle quite quickly.
Edited:

Looks like the AR stole the Seiko 5 Sports hands.
I really want an AR but for now i think i might settle for my Certina DS Action 300m Sea Turtle edition. Looks quite like the new AR.
But I almost pull the trigger every time i see the silver dial AR the one @Jim Dollares have.

Was working in the office today & noticed local AD had the black & green on display at lunch.

The usual SA I get on with, wasn’t in, but do what to try the green on. Looks a very good match in colour to the green Seamaster (in display next to it) from what I could tell.

Did you get a ‘best price’ offer?

ha no didn’t have time to try on or walk in. They usually price match & can get 12-15% off from another store.

I eventually had the opportunity to try it on in the local TH boutique yesterday (only the three-hander; the GMT stayed on the tray)...

IMHO great watch: dimensions absolutely suitable for the masses (especially the height), well-matched steel bracelet/clasp, relevant color options 👍

If I had been allowed to take one with me right away, it would have been the green one. The wave effect of the black dial is indeed rather subtle, but the baby blue accents are not my cup of tea.

Points deduced for the really imprecise bezel action 🙁

Managed to go back and try the green one on yesterday on my lunch break.

First thoughts is, the newer case dimensions makes it fit a lot better. In display it looked dark (which i wanted). However under the AD lights the dial almost took on a metallic shine. But did also go dark at certain angles. The splash of yellow is nice. Bezel felt similar to the Omega - light with a loud click. (My dive bezel comparisons I've used Rolex Sub being 1st, Tudor BB58 2nd, Aquaracer & Seamster 3rd, Oris 65 4th, Seiko solar Tuna 5th). Dial colour did give me Rolex Hulk vibes & yes the box is the dial design ha.

The wave pattern I think I prefer than the teak - which makes me automatically think Aquaterra. The bugbear that @Aquagraph has wasn't noticeable to me, the cyclops wasn't that much of an issue either. Would be great if they did release a rubber strap for this also in green. I'd also struggle to choose between this and if they done a version of the orange that @bpsmith has. Hour hand didn't bother me, but I do prefer the older one.

AD did bring out the Seamaster for me to compare also. Whilst I prefer the 'forest green' colour way and also dig the fact certain special forces have their own non date faux lume variant (as per W.O.E https://www.watchesofespionage.com/...ice-omega-seamaster-watch-trump-assassination). But also not keen on the HEV and the additional £2k price. But do prefer the subtleness of this & the dial seems to have more depth.

1zV8qvw.jpg
AOsR1MD.jpg
eW7Upr6.jpg
4XT9YKw.jpg
N8QQP3f.jpg

Older variant on wrist.

Z4yMS8Z.jpg
sBaqBqg.jpg

Mr Mac Beard! Wonderful photos. They really demonstrate how amazing the previous design is 👍

What makes the least sense to me is why the Swiss make green watches that dont look green but I get that many want their green watches to not look green 👍

Mr Mac Beard! Wonderful photos. They really demonstrate how amazing the previous design is 👍

How previous?
IMG_7188.jpeg

Reminds me too much of the Seamaster

i can see how you’d make that mistake, but actually they’re completely different:
IMG_7194.jpeg

Yeah the Seamaster looks almost black in most light. Whereas you'd never mistake the Aquaracer for anything but a sea blue-green.

Why does the 3 hander Aquaracer looks like the dial is hand painted with a matte finish in nearly every photo?

GMT dial finish just looks so much nicer IMO.

Why does the 3 hander Aquaracer looks like the dial is hand painted with a matte finish in nearly every photo?

GMT dial finish just looks so much nicer IMO.

I was just shocked how much it looked metallic when the light hit it

How different are they in size? I too tried the TH on today but the assistant looked at me in disbelief when I mentioned ‘discount’ will look again when in my local AD, on another not note tried on a SH ‘tank’, nice, no pics as no phone with me.