New 2024 TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300

Fratello confirmed the GMT is still a caller. Which is still unforgivable at this price point considering the Tudors, Longines & other Swatch brands, and even microbrands with the new Miyota.
Shame cause they're attractive, esp the green.
I don’t really mind a caller GMT movement. Way easier to set and still gets the job (of showing another time-zone) done…

Seems pointless having both hands set on local time when I’m at home

I mainly use it when setting the watch - did it last stop in the AM or PM?
Saves me winding the hour hand around until the date swaps.

In my opinion, the only thing that you need in a traveller's watch is a Quick-Set Hour movement. Sadly, only Omega do it.

upload_2024-6-4_10-36-25.png

Why do Aquaracer GMTs always have GMT hands that look like they came off another watch? That colour is so 'off'.

My Mont Blanc gmt has two crown positions, first adjusts gmt hand or if turned the other direction it changes the date, pull out the crown to pos 2 it adjusts standard time hands. My daughter often works away for an international hotel group and I’ll set the gmt hand to her time so I know when I can call her(or expect a call), if on holiday I set spare hand to local time and leave usual hands at home time, I just remember which hand is which.
image.jpg

Apparently this very dark green is actually more like teal

upload_2024-6-4_10-36-25.png

Why do Aquaracer GMTs always have GMT hands that look like they came off another watch? That colour is so 'off'.
Well actually Rob, I think the idea is that the GMT hand should be distinct and stand out. This enables old people, as well as generally confused people, to easily read the second timezone.

Well actually Rob, I think the idea is that the GMT hand should be distinct and stand out. This enables old people, as well as generally confused people, to easily read the second timezone.

Make it white then. At least it won't look like the 'wrong' green.

Make it white then. At least it won't look like the 'wrong' green.
Well actually, this green hearkens back to the green colour of the wet suit Steve MacQueen wore when diving for oil outside the French coast after winning the 1969 edition of 'compétition de voitures de course pour hommes très âgés'.

Well actually, this green hearkens back to the green colour of the wet suit Steve MacQueen wore when diving for oil outside the French coast after winning the 1969 edition of 'compétition de voitures de course pour hommes très âgés'.

Oh well, why didn't you say so? In that case it's obviously marvellous

Awesome!

Old, and generally confused, yep that’s me, now was I going upstairs or downstairs.😝

I spotted the potentially smaller range of quick adjustment above. Wonder if that will actually be the case or whether it’s poor rendering once again?

If it is smaller, I personally wouldn’t have problem considering I wear mine on the smallest spot to start with and only need to move to the middle spot at most, generally just in between those though.

I think the smaller groove is better aesthetically though, without a doubt.

Still think the green would look killer on a green rubber strap. Surprised they’ve not released one. Also surprised no orange

But this is typical Swiss. First you get the blue and the black and then later they will bring out the orange (when all the 43mm are sold). Then the green rubber strap (maybe) if they feel the watch needs something to give it a boost.

Oh yesch!

But remember they made a green rubber strap for the Carrera and that looks hideous.

Green rubber is like red ceramic. Incredibly challenging for the Swiss to develop and produce

Oh yesch!

But remember they made a green rubber strap for the Carrera and that looks hideous.

Oh god yeah that was & still is awful