New 2024 TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300

Green rubber is like red ceramic. Incredibly challenging for the Swiss to develop and produce
This one isn't bad?
RTW_backUp.jpg

It does look good, but only with that dial colour which appears rather different to the new Aquaracer.

lg_1018.jpg

Kind of sucks for $4k it’s not antimagnetic or a true gmt. They could have at least used the architecture from the carrera twin time skeleton gmt with the 02 as the movement. That is atleast a kind of true gmt.

They are nice looking and a step in the right direction but again, for the money they aren’t punching high. Minus the dial, which does look nice.
I am it a fan of the colored seconds hand. Makes it look cheaper. Still have to see them in person to have a solid opinion though.

Kind of sucks for $4k it’s not antimagnetic or a true gmt. They could have at least used the architecture from the carrera twin time skeleton gmt with the 02 as the movement. That is atleast a kind of true gmt.

They are nice looking and a step in the right direction but again, for the money they aren’t punching high. Minus the dial, which does look nice.
I am it a fan of the colored seconds hand. Makes it look cheaper. Still have to see them in person to have a solid opinion though.
I really don't understand the "true" gmt critisism that so many keep repeating. Do you fly between time zones every week and therefore this is so important to you?

Still think the green would look killer on a green rubber strap. Surprised they’ve not released one. Also surprised no orange

This doesn't count, does it? )
Tag has been good recently, releasing new faces for Connected.

The lack of anti-magnetism for a new movement is half a missed opportunity in my book, but not a dealbreaker. As is the caller GMT.

If I was asked to find something to moan about, it would really be the hour hand (although I have already kind of warmed up to it after a week of seeing photos) and the fact that the GMT hand is a bit tiny.

I still think these AR are a massive step in the right direction. Provided you can get them at ca. 3k.

Lack of anti-mag is a pita in a world of iPads and laptops with magnetic covers.

This doesn't count, does it? )
Tag has been good recently, releasing new faces for Connected.

That cyclops - hahahahaha

Nice one Ben! Now tell me, how was the new 120 click bezel action compared to the amazing splendid wonderful sexy 60 click on your orange beauty?

Just watched the comparison video. I think I like the changes, but I prefer a more subtle seconds hand. I don't particularly like the light blue seconds hand on the black dial; however, I do understand this is a dive watch and why TAG Heuer made that modification. The orange seconds hand on the blue dial looks good. But again, I think I'd prefer the seconds hand to be the same colour (steel) as the hour/minute hands. I guess I'm more of a conservative type of person.

I wonder if we'll soon see fakes of these watches? I hope not, but time will tell!

Nice one Ben! Now tell me, how was the new 120 click bezel action compared to the amazing splendid wonderful sexy 60 click on your orange beauty?
You will strike me off your friends list when I say, I didn’t even check that. 😀

Thought Ben? Noticeable smaller? Bezel/ crown action improved? Dial in the flesh.
As above, forgot about the change in bezel, plus didn’t check the crown aspect.

Not in the market for anything new, so not of that mattered today. Sales guy was proper busy, so couldn’t spend long with the watch out of respect for potential missed sales.

Screenshot 2024-06-16 221436.jpg

How is it I'm the only person who wants to vomit when I look at this MESS?

Screenshot 2024-06-16 221436.jpg

How is it I'm the only person who wants to vomit when I look at this MESS?
Are you not used to having an opinion completely opposite to the rest of us? 😝