New 2024 TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300

A ceramic bezel pepsi of this one would look pretty darn sweet too. But I guess pepsi is a bit outdated now when everyone is all about sprite

Plus isn't red ceramic hard to make or something
Yes for sure, this is why Chinese homages have been doing it for 150 dollars for many years now.

I mean hard for the Swiss though.

Maybe it costs like 10% more, which makes it very difficult to bring in on budget.

I mean hard for the Swiss though.

Maybe it costs like 10% more, which makes it very difficult to bring in on budget.
Yes this is probably true.

Fratello confirmed the GMT is still a caller. Which is still unforgivable at this price point considering the Tudors, Longines & other Swatch brands, and even microbrands with the new Miyota.
Shame cause they're attractive, esp the green.

But most won't use it anyway, they just want that sweet bezel.

That's probably true, but I know a bunch of watch people who will skip GMTs if they don't have the full functionality. I'm with em, too - it's so much nicer to travel with a watch that you can quickly adjust to the local hour without having to completely set the time again

That's probably true, but I know a bunch of watch people who will skip GMTs if they don't have the full functionality. I'm with em, too - it's so much nicer to travel with a watch that you can quickly adjust to the local hour without having to completely set the time again

I still get annoyed by this, it’s such a narrow use case that this actually matters for.

I still get annoyed by this, it’s such a narrow use case that this actually matters for.

Every time I take a flight across timezones it's so nice to just flip the hour hand forwards or backwards. Playing with watch features is a major part of the fun I get from this hobby and that's not unique

Every time I take a flight across timezones it's so nice to just flip the hour hand forwards or backwards. Playing with watch features is a major part of the fun I get from this hobby and that's not unique

So the only way this makes sense to me is for someone who travels across time zones as part of a single trip, or maybe doesnt wear their GMT watch when they are at home. Otherwise you end up adjusting both hands anyway.

On my crappy GMT’s, I set the local time to local time and the gmt hand to my most relevant remote time, so currently my watch is set to British Summer Time and Pacific Daylight time. When I fly to the office, I set my gmt hand to BST and the hour hand to PDT. I don’t see how this would be any different if the hour hand jumped not the gmt hand?

Is the intent that I leave the GMT hand actually on GMT and do maths? At that point I might as well have a three hand watch and just do maths.
Edited:

So the only way this makes sense to me is for someone who travels across time zones as part of a single trip, or maybe doesnt wear their GMT watch when they are at home. Otherwise you end up adjusting both hands anyway.

On my crappy GMT’s, I set the local time to local time and the gmt hand to my most relevant remote time, so currently my watch is set to British Summer Time and Pacific Daylight time. When I fly to the office, I set my gmt hand to BST and the hour hand to PDT. I don’t see how this would be any different if the hour hand jumped not the gmt hand?

Is the intent that I leave the GMT hand actually on GMT and do maths? At that point I might as well have a three hand watch and just do maths.

You'd set the GMT hand to whichever time you'd like. Then, when you fly in somewhere, you'd adjust the local hour, then you'd just use the bezel to track a second (or third) timezone.

You'd set the GMT hand to whichever time you'd like. Then, when you fly in somewhere, you'd adjust the local hour, then you'd just use the bezel to track a second (or third) timezone.

Seems pointless having both hands set on local time when I’m at home

Seems pointless having both hands set on local time when I’m at home

I leave mine on GMT since I talk to so many people in other timezones, and use the bezel for home time if I'm overseas