New 2024 TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300

Definitely a difference in shade of blue

IMG_2899.png
Both work well tbh, although I prefer the GMT finish as it’s more lively.

Both work well tbh, although I prefer the GMT finish as it’s more lively.
Difficult to choose, I think I prefer the deeper blue of the gmt too. Lets hope Brent Miller does a comparison video on his youtube channel

Clearly you ignored what Geneve watches had in their webshop a month ago then 😉

I must have missed that one. Probably my attention was drawn by the Rolex. I mean Sprite. I mean the black and green one that doesn't look like a Rolex Sprite at all. No sir. This is avant garde design, not a homage or anything.

I've had the black one in my hands. Not my taste.

Oh really... I thought once you go black you never go back?

Just about to watch this:

Must say the blue looks the pick of the bunch, seems a nice dark hue.

The green also looks good and seems to be dark which is a plus. Odd no rubber strap for the green though.

Just about to watch this:

The video starts with "last night I was at a TAG Heuer dinner and after toooo many bottles of wine..."

Great, another journalist with integrity, whose reporting will be totally trustworthy 👍

The lug width is now 2,3mm shorter which apparently "makes a woooorld of difference" 🙄

I must say though that the video shots of the actual watches are great and make me realise that the gmt's are my favourites. The biiizels of the gmt bring a wonderful bold colour to the party. That Sprite gmt is totally making me aroused, wow!

The three handers are too muted, again we are faced with renders telling us lies about the colours 👍

Green dial of the gmt shines more like sparkling emerald compared to the three hander which aint bright enough imo.

Must say the blue looks the pick of the bunch, seems a nice dark hue.

The green also looks good and seems to be dark which is a plus. Odd no rubber strap for the green though.
We clearly have different taste 😁

Good thing there are options for everyone 👍

The video starts with "last night I was at a TAG Heuer dinner and after toooo many bottles of wine..."

Great, another journalist with integrity, whose reporting will be totally trustworthy 👍

The lug width is now 2,3mm shorter which apparently "makes a woooorld of difference" 🙄

I must say though that the video shots of the actual watches are great and make me realise that the gmt's are my favourites. The biiizels of the gmt bring a wonderful bold colour to the party. That Sprite gmt is totally making me aroused, wow!

The three handers are too muted, again we are faced with renders telling us lies about the colours 👍

Green dial of the gmt shines more like sparkling emerald compared to the three hander which aint bright enough imo.

Actually for me that 2.3mm difference L2L does make all the difference.

My old Panerai 49.9mm whilst wearable was at the extremities of my wrist. BB58 48mm = sweet spot.

The problem happens when width is 42mm & L2L 48mm can wear oddly wide depending on the strap width (which I doing with my Speedy). Also find Seiko turtles suffer the same

We clearly have different taste 😁

Good thing there are options for everyone 👍

Of course dude. I much prefer subtly tones (unless a screaming orange - some days I miss my Orange Monster - total summer vibes).

Actually for me that 2.3mm difference L2L does make all the difference.

My old Panerai 49.9mm whilst wearable was at the extremities of my wrist. BB58 48mm = sweet spot.

The problem happens when width is 42mm & L2L 48mm can wear oddly wide depending on the strap width (which I doing with my Speedy). Also find Seiko turtles suffer the same
I can understand that for sure. My thinking is also that it will differ a lot between different watches and case shapes. A 48mm lug to lug on some watches will come across and feel pretty much as huge as the same case with 50mm L2L. For me it is usually the thickness of the watch that will impact how big I feel it wears.

I assume that the rotor and engraved TAG Heuer logo is what "made to TAG Heuer's specification" means 😝

The barrel must be completed different to reach 80h of PR. And a lot of the components that follow suit, too.

The barrel must be completed different to reach 80h of PR. And a lot of the components that follow suit, too.
Yes ofc, but I don't think those things were developed and designed only for TAG Heuer by TAG Heuer specification. Clearly Sellita would offer these Sellita AMT movements to other brands too, right? Similar to how the Chanel movements are used by Breitling, Tudor, Norqain etc. Common phenomenon where brands state misleading things like "made exclusively for us and our specification" while in reality the fundamentals of the movements are the same for multiple brands.

When he said 'They asked me to be honest', I thought he was gonna say 'I love the Aquaracer but the movement sucks!'

Could be either way, IMHO. Maybe LVMH has just negotiated a exclusivity for 2-3 years for their use in TAGs and Hublots 👎