Monaco calibre 11 reissue second hand jumps on sub dial

I haven’t sent mine back in yet.
Decided to do the same as you.
Fed up of having it and not being able to wear it because it was being posted here there and everywhere.
A bit like Andy Warhol not setting the time on his Cartier Tank.
These beautiful luxury items aren’t for telling time. They’re just f**king cool!

😎::psy:: 😎::psy:: 😎::psy:: C😀😀L

After many years of saying I was going to get a SMQ Monaco, mine arrived yesterday and does the same thing. Guess I'll enjoy it on my wrist and send it back in for service w/in the 2 year warranty period.

thx for all this info.
Congrats on your SMQ Monaco. I've added you to our owners' list: https://forums.calibre11.com/thread...-calibre-11-caw211p.23229/page-9#post-1746039

Sorry to hear you have this issue as well. I sympathize with you and @Snowydelrico, we'd all want our new purchases to be perfect. But you've got the right attitude, enjoy your Monaco in good health!

Is it only SM Monaco or all other Monaco too ? I used to own a Monaco (not the SM one of course). Don't remember about having a problem except the sub dial doesn't reset exactly to zero. I sent it toTH service and they got it done for about 3 weeks.
@VirgileF mentioned his father's C11 Monaco Gulf has the issue too. I suspect it could happen on any C11 Monaco, not only the McQueen. The sub-dial hands not resetting to zero doesn't seem to be as common (or I haven't noticed it mentioned much before).

Fortunately in my case, none of my C11 or C12 Monaco's have either of these issues (knock on wood).

Congrats on your SMQ Monaco. I've added you to our owners' list: https://forums.calibre11.com/thread...-calibre-11-caw211p.23229/page-9#post-1746039

Sorry to hear you have this issue as well. I sympathize with you and @Snowydelrico, we'd all want our new purchases to be perfect. But you've got the right attitude, enjoy your Monaco in good health!

@VirgileF mentioned his father's C11 Monaco Gulf has the issue too. I suspect it could happen on any C11 Monaco, not only the McQueen. The sub-dial hands not resetting to zero doesn't seem to be as common (or I haven't noticed it mentioned much before).

Fortunately in my case, none of my C11 or C12 Monaco's have either of these issues (knock on wood).

thx and Have a great weekend

Not just cool, it super cool!
AKA “King of Cool” 😎

Congratulations sir @dp. & sir @Snowydelrico !! 👍👍

SMQ Heuer Monaco surely is one of the MOST ICONIC watches of ALL TIME ::rimshot::

Just received my Monaco calibre 11 back from chronograph causing small seconds to jump repair.
Anyone see yet another mistake from the technicians at lvmh ?
Does this now make it a Frankenwatch?

Just received my Monaco calibre 11 back from chronograph causing small seconds to jump repair.
Anyone see yet another mistake from the technicians at lvmh ?
Does this now make it a Frankenwatch?
Oh my god, are you serious. And this is not even the first time we see them putting a c12 rotor on a c11 watch 🤦🤦🤦

Oh my god, are you serious. And this is not even the first time we see them putting a c12 rotor on a c11 watch 🤦🤦🤦
Begs belief. But I’m not really surprised, just par for the course with them.
Have they swapped the movement out for a new one do you think?

Begs belief. But I’m not really surprised, just par for the course with them.
Have they swapped the movement out for a new one do you think?
That is most likely the safest bet. I dont think most of TAG's generic movements have a serial number unique to the movement so it makes a lot of sense that they dont put the same movement back in the exact same watch, their process is probably just to put the correct calibre in the watch.

But does the hand still jump? If not, maybe you got lucky and got some one else's functional calibro 12 🙄

That is most likely the safest bet. I dont think most of TAG's generic movements have a serial number unique to the movement so it makes a lot of sense that they dont put the same movement back in the exact same watch, their process is probably just to put the correct calibre in the watch.
I think they would tell me if it needed a new movement as they did with my autavia they couldn’t fix

But does the hand still jump? If not, maybe you got lucky and got some one else's functional calibro 12 🙄
That’s what I’m thinking

Maybe I got someone else’s movement because this one works fine. No jumping small seconds. Because I don’t believe that they have the ability to fix anything. They haven’t fixed one of my watches yet. Maybe 8 -10 attempts on 3 watches non fixed
So now you have to choose between keeping the wrong but functional movement or sending it back to them and hope they put a non functioning c11 in there again 😁😁😁😁

So now you have to choose between keeping the wrong but functional movement or sending it back to them and hope they put a non functioning c11 in there again 😁😁😁😁
Haha this one has a scratch on the barrel case

How could that even work with the cal 12 having the crown on the other side?

How could that even work with the cal 12 having the crown on the other side?
Same movement rotated 180
Although I thought cal 12 was eta