Is this Tag Heuer used.

Hi
This Tag Heuer 1500 has been listed as New, can any one assist, as I am suspicious it is not new. These photos were sent to me and the resolution is poor when enlarged. Could a watch be new if production was stopped 22 years ago.

Hi
This Tag Heuer 1500 has been listed as New, can any one assist, as I am suspicious it is not new. These photos were sent to me and the resolution is poor when enlarged. Could a watch be new if production was stopped 22 years ago.
Watches can remain unsold, or part of liquidated stock, or kept unworn in a drawer, and resurface many years later. I've bought NOS watches and parts 25+ years old. There also seems to be a lot of unused spare parts for 80's and early 90's Tags like that 1500 out there. So it could be unworn, but you'd need MUCH better photos than that to judge.

Hi El Matarife
Thank you for your balanced opinion. Unfortunately I don't have control on the quality of the photo's. I will reflect on your advice.

Regards

It could be new. As @El Matarife says, it could have been unsold for years and forgotten about. But while it could be true, you’d be right to go into a transaction expecting that it might not be correct.

BTW, NOS is not all is made out to be. Yes, you get a perfect watch, but it will need a service, and there is some chance that a dead battery left in place for 20 years will have damaged the movement.

BTW, NOS is not all is made out to be. Yes, you get a perfect watch, but it will need a service, and there is some chance that a dead battery left in place for 20 years will have damaged the movement.

Good point!
Looks like a 159.006 to me (I just happen to be wearing mine today)...
20200605_085030.jpg