Forums Latest Members

Is my TAG Heuer Authentic? All questions here please

1. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 5, 2022

Has the same vibe as this

upload_2022-12-5_9-56-33.png

HoltzPlatz, thingziliketoo and Yago like this.
  2. VirgileF

VirgileF Dec 5, 2022

3. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Dec 5, 2022

I am seeing zero issues with those watches. Even the boxes are authentic.

Jim Dollares, HoltzPlatz and VirgileF like this.
  4. VirgileF

VirgileF Dec 5, 2022

Thank you for your answer ;)

HoltzPlatz likes this.
  5. TheorPhys

TheorPhys Dec 6, 2022

Hello gentlemen, It seems that I may need your advise, as I have just bought a TH Monaco from eBay, and having read a post in this thread about Formula1, which was counterfeit, despite its S/N and warranty code checked with TH, I got slightly worried about my purchase. The watch has not arrived yet, as it was sent to the eBay authenticator, but here is the link to this listing with a sufficient number of pics: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2347923579...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    is there a way to tell from those pics if the watch is a real deal? Thank you. Cheers!

6. imagwai

imagwai Dec 6, 2022

Looks pretty good to me. Also, the seller has 100% feedback on over 24000 deals! Lovely watch btw, I do like this Monaco.

TheorPhys likes this.
  7. imagwai

imagwai Dec 6, 2022

Oh, also the eBay authentication service is pretty good really. It certainly gives you another safety net.

TheorPhys likes this.
  8. TheorPhys

TheorPhys Dec 6, 2022

Thank you. I certainly did not mean any intentional impropriety from the seller, but was rather worried about any accidental omission. The seller certainly looks like a good Company, thus I wanted to rule out any unintentional mistake from either their side, or my side. I also thought that it would be not enough time for our "friends from china" to make a good-looking counterfeit item, given the the model itself is quite new. :) Cheers!

9. flawless

flawless Dec 7, 2022

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304730659387Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]

Asked for a caseback pic, just for a laugh, and got this:

[​IMG]

for the video they took the second picture from, in case you're interested.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  10. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Dec 7, 2022

Boys, I came across a Monza 40th anniversary on ebay where the guy has a starting bid of 2400$ US. I checked the warranty code and it seems like its a NOS piece from 2021, so its still.under warranty. I'm having difficulty believing the bargain and its just too good to be true. My layman eyes seem to think this is genuine, I just want your opinion.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26602666...vaxsq37sgu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPYPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Screenshot_20221207_200019_eBay.jpg
  11. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Dec 7, 2022

Not once Have I seen a fake carrera, with a correctly made bracelet. That, has the correctly made bracelet. In case you're wondering, the tell iis the underside of the links, where the center bar attaches to the ends with the dimples. Real ones extend into the sides, and the dimple is how the links are pressure fitted together.. Thankfully the fakes haven't bothered to do this yet, and I doubt they ever will. Just like they don't bother making the real pin and tubes.

12. imagwai

imagwai Dec 7, 2022

Looks perfectly genuine to me and have never seen a fake of this model to date. It's not a bargain yet because the starting bid price isn't usually the finishing price. I usually start my auctions at £0.99 - things usually have no problem finding their true value in an eBay auction.

VirgileF and YG_Rulz like this.
  13. VirgileF

VirgileF Dec 7, 2022

For me, it's clearly a fake...

All Grand Carrera Calibre 17 rep (fake) have the same bad colors on the dial (Côtes de Genève).

Also, the Tag Heuer logos ont the bracelet is not correct.

Always the same defect/issue on the Grand Carrera Calibre 17 rep.

14. flawless

flawless Dec 8, 2022

Oh, I was sure it was a fake before asking for the caseback picture. There's a bunch wrong with it, even at a glance (The CdG/guilloche fail & the subdial screws are misaligned, the logo is just that little extra heavy - dial and bracelet, the indices are wrong, the dial is all off - text is poorly printed, indices are wrong and chapter ring is wrong, the bezel is in colour and the crown has a red ring (the last two aren't "wrong" but they are wrong for this model. There are more, I just got bored).

I only asked for the caseback pic. as it's guaranteed to be solid, and it's easiest to show side-by-side with the real two-part exhibition caseback to convince people.

Didn't expect the seller to send a screenshot of someone else's YouTube video.

The watch in the first picture is not the watch in the second picture (which is a screengrab from the video).

VirgileF likes this.
  15. mattp

mattp Dec 10, 2022

16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 10, 2022

Jim Dollares likes this.
  17. mattp

mattp Dec 10, 2022

‘Tag Heuer Monaco Traveler Alarm Quartz‘ according by the advert.

18. mattp

mattp Dec 10, 2022

150,- starting bid..

19. VirgileF

VirgileF Dec 18, 2022

20. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Dec 18, 2022