Radek Krizek Feb 9, 2022

I wanted to add one more picture...
    20220209_142212.jpg

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 9, 2022

I doubt this is fake.

4. Radek Krizek

Radek Krizek Feb 9, 2022

How much do you think is worth? I looked through all catalogs and didn't find the year it was made... a limited edition perhaps? I know they made ladies version...

Edited Feb 9, 2022
  5. akong71

akong71 Feb 12, 2022

x2

The good thing about these older TAGs is that the fake watches don't look anywhere near the quality of the real ones. Can't say that today!

jamesbizs and Radek Krizek like this.
  6. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Feb 12, 2022

7. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Feb 12, 2022

Holy crap, you paid $200 for that? The bezel costs more than that, MELT value. By auction, do you mean ebay? I can't believe that would ever sell at $200, so I can understand why you would be concerned. The seller really got screwed in this deal. I've never seen a fake one of that either. The other LINK, looks good too, but I'd need more pics to answer you 100%. I could show you some fakes of that model tho, and you'll see the difference right away...

Seriously tho... where you getting these.

8. Radek Krizek

Radek Krizek Feb 13, 2022

Thank you very much for your reply. I bought it on local auction held about 20 minutes from us.... over the internet. I'm not sure if I can say the name of the platform that is incorporating all the auction houses in US and abroad... they had problems with theirs servers on that day probably due to the huge snow storm and although there was another bid not another person bid. So I figured only $200 was price I didn't expect to pay
    What other interesting would you need to see on the black dial Link? On contrary..I paid double on that one :) Radek

9. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Feb 13, 2022

Didn’t you say you paid $250? Well, either way, the gold one was the one you got a great deal on. With a little tlc, you could sell it for $800 easy. The other one isn’t as valuable. But still could probably double your money depending on condition. I’d need to see a full on front pic. With these; the bezel is usually the tell.

image.jpg

10. Radek Krizek

I paid total of $250 and that includes $50 premium. Sorry for the confusion. Didn't mean to be changing my story by any means. Here is the picture of the other Link.

11. Radek Krizek

View attachment 1369384 20220213_124017.jpg

20220213_124024.jpg
    Edited Feb 13, 2022
  12. Radek Krizek

13. flawless

flawless Feb 13, 2022

14. Marcos Alvarenga

Marcos Alvarenga Feb 14, 2022

For sale here in Brazil. Good price. C6507B74-946C-4D6B-9CDA-3E42462C82FE.jpeg

15. Evan G

Evan G Feb 14, 2022

[​IMG] Hi,
    Super newbie to watches and am learning that the watch I like is prone to be “replicated” by less than honest people. This weekend when buying a gift for my wife at a trusted local jeweler, I found a pre-owned Batman Aquaracer GMT that if authentic I’d love to buy. I only have one pic at this time bc the proprietor just sent me one and have attached it. Can you please take a look at the pic and let me know what you think? I’m glad to ask for additional pictures if needed but before this I’d like to get a first pass. Thanks!

82DC727A-D84A-4837-B8E8-EB3986ED1FCD.jpeg
  16. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Feb 15, 2022

Tricky to tell from that photo alone but one potential red flag could be that it comes in a old shady looking box. You see for example a very obvious thing that the logo in the box is an older version and this watch should come in a newer box. Fakes are often delivered with older looking shit boxes. Unless you can get verified proof that this watch came from an authorized dealer, my advice would be to stay away. And remember that fakes often have a real serial number, there can be thousands of watches with the same serial number and when you look it up via TAG it comes up as a Batman appearing to be genuine, but this doesn't mean this specific watch is genuine just that the fakers used a real serial number. Ask the seller for copies of original receipt from the authorized dealer who sold it new and an explanation about the box. If your gut tells you something might be off, stay away to avoid having to live with the constant thought of "maybe I bought a fake".

17. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 15, 2022

Should certainly be in a grey oblong box, not the old brown square box. If you buy you could sent to TAG free of charge for authentication, at least if you buy it from a jewellers if it proves to be fake you can take it back. No jeweller is going to risk bad publicity if you have written proof from the manufacturer that they have sold you a fake watch.

jamesbizs likes this.
  18. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Feb 15, 2022

Good point, just check first that this free authentication service is offered in your country. I am not sure this is offered in all markets.

Aquagraph likes this.
  19. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Feb 15, 2022

At least the wrong box, is a real one. So that's good. I have a ton of boxes like that. For tag. Omega. Etc. So I have been known to put a watch into the wrong box...

But as said, just not enough pictures to go off of.

20. Evan G

Evan G Feb 15, 2022

Thanks. I have an update:

-SN checks out as registered to the right model. Also googled the SN and it doesn’t come up at all. (Is there a registry online for SN’s we know are compromised?)
    -picture of the back looks real (not the mess that was seen on the Aquaracer fake posted on Reddit last year—I’ll post this evening when I can redact the SN out. )
    -The original receipt is from a local AD and maps to the date the watch is registered online
    -warranty card is included
    -jeweler will refund if found to be fake
    -the jeweler said that the watch came in w the box as is.

I’m not buying it until I can go back and see it this weekend. The price is a bit high so negotiations are ahead of us. I’d love to have a Rolex Batman but the current costs are just more than I can justify. I want a nice watch. Not one I can’t wear bc I’m afraid I’ll get robbed.

thanks to all. I’ll keep you posted!

Aquagraph and Jim Dollares like this.