Forums Latest Members

Films, TV & Media: Heuer / TAG Heuer

1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 6, 2023

I wouldn't have expected anything less from Ironman himself.

Albert-AMG and Mspeedster like this.
  2. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Mar 7, 2023

Nice to think we I have something in common with him, I prefer it to be his bank balance though.;)

Albert-AMG and Hubert like this.
  3. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Mar 9, 2023

Tough Guys wear Heuers! Charles Bronson wearing an Autavia GMT in the Mechanic and Sylvester Stallone a 2000 Series in Cobra.
    Bronson Mechanic.jpg
    Heuer-Watch-Worn-by-Sylvester-Stallone-in-Cobra-1.jpg

Edited Mar 9, 2023
  4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Mar 10, 2023

The Autavia GMT also appeared in Ice Station Zebra, worn by Rock Hudson.
    20230310_080047.jpg

And in Under Fire on Nick Nolte's wrist.
    20230310_080134.jpg
    (Credit @niccoloy)

5. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Mar 12, 2023

Dwyane Johnson, rocking an Aquaracer at the Oscars. Interesting choice, more power to him!

20230312_181539.jpg
    (Credit @niccoloy)

thingziliketoo and Albert-AMG like this.
  6. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Mar 13, 2023

7. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 13, 2023

^ I keep thinkin he's being sponsored (i.e. paid to wear the watches), without having to be affiliated to the brand.

8. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Mar 14, 2023

But if there was some connection, don't you think TAG Heuer would rather see him wear something more upscale than an Aquaracer to the Academy Awards? Like a plasma diamond Carrera or at least a 18k gold Carrera?

I think he just likes the brand. Doesn't care what others think, just doing his own thing, rocking an Aquaracer on Hollywood's biggest night. :thumbsup:

thingziliketoo likes this.
  9. Yago

Yago Mar 14, 2023

If it’s large enough for Stallone, it’s large enough for me

Mspeedster likes this.
  10. bpsmith

bpsmith Mar 14, 2023

I am in two minds whether he’s on the payroll or just likes the brand. Both could be conceivable for this guy.

If he is on the payroll, can TAG Heuer really compete with the many top end watches seen on nights like this? Even with TH’s own very high end stuff?

Wouldn’t it be far stronger for someone like Dwayne Johnson to get into the news by wearing an everyday brand to an event like this? Even more so by it not being your stereotypical dress watch. He’s pretty much showing that you don’t need to follow the crowd and TH’s solid everyday pieces are more than capable of being worn even in the most dressy of occasions.

I think it’s a sharp move either by TH on the quiet, or quite possibly DJ making the statement himself and courting the brand for it to become an income stream. I’m saying that, he’s not backwards in approaching people he wants to get involved with.

11. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Mar 14, 2023

I just don't see why TAG Heuer would keep things quiet. Not only is the Rock one of Hollywood's highest paid actors, he's also got lots of lucrative sponsorship deals with Ford, Got Milk, Nascar, Under Armor, Apple and many more. If TAG is going to pay him to wear their watches, why not have him appear in their adverts?

Also, I go back to the time CEO Frederic posted about the Rock wearing a Monaco and Carrera at the Black Adam events. Frederic did not seem aware that the Rock was wearing TAG until others had watch spotted him first (including me).

thingziliketoo and bpsmith like this.
  12. bpsmith

bpsmith Mar 14, 2023

That makes total sense too. I just like the idea that it’s a genius move on the quiet. :)

Mspeedster likes this.
  13. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Mar 14, 2023

It could be a genius move on the Rock's part. If he wants to court TAG Heuer into signing him up, as you mentioned. Not that he needs anymore money. :rolleyes:

14. RockBurner

RockBurner Mar 14, 2023

How else is he going to afford more TH bracelets?

bpsmith likes this.
  15. bpsmith

bpsmith Mar 14, 2023

That’s how people with proper money end up there though, I guess. They work hard to continually look for the next revenue stream.

Mspeedster and thingziliketoo like this.
  16. kappa_md

kappa_md Mar 16, 2023

It just means that an Aquaracer can be as robust as it can be. Hollywood’s famed awards night or the depths of deep sea diving. Anywhere, Everywhere ;)

bpsmith likes this.
  17. bpsmith

bpsmith Mar 16, 2023

All at Once…

Mspeedster and Hubert like this.
  18. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 16, 2023

[​IMG]

bpsmith and Mspeedster like this.
  19. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Mar 16, 2023

Michelle Yeoh is in the headlines for her big Oscar win!
    Posted this before in the James Bond thread, but it seems timely to post again. The TAG Heuer S/el (or Chinese knock off?) made an appearance in Tomorrow Never Dies. Bond girl Wai Lin (Michelle Yeoh) keeps a stash of gadget watches in her secret hideout. Bond is of course going for the Seamaster, but he could've picked the (fake) TAG! LOL.
    tomorrowneverdies watches.jpg

20. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Mar 18, 2023

Would think every watch on wrist display was a freebie for publicity, saw a lot of pictures on another forum and every watch was well positioned for the picture, strangely I believe Rolex were part sponsors of the event yet none were pictured.
    Cynical, me?