2023 TAG Heuer Carrera ChronoSprint x Porsche (CBS2011 & CBS2040)

In line with other Porsche products? My convertible Honda new was £30k, Boxster £80k, both do the same job but only one has that name?

BTW,Ido like that watch but can’t justify spending that an a carrera.
I'd say it's more in line with the way Porsche gets you with their extensive list of options, which can significantly increase the cost of any Porsche car.

Considering one can by the base black/gray TAG Heuer Carrera Porsche Sport x Porsche for $6,650, this model is like checking off a few expensive options: Want a 42mm glassbox? check. Want 911 on the strap? check. Want a trick movement for timing your 0-62mph run? check.
Well that'll now cost you $9200 sir. 😒

In line with other Porsche products? My convertible Honda new was £30k, Boxster £80k, both do the same job but only one has that name?

How much was a Boxter when you bought your s2000? I thought they were £35k or so when the s2000 was current.

I'd say it's more in line with the way Porsche gets you with their extensive list of options, which can significantly increase the cost of any Porsche car.

Considering one can by the base black/gray TAG Heuer Carrera Porsche Sport x Porsche for $6,650, this model is like checking off a few expensive options: Want a 42mm glassbox? check. Want 911 on the strap? check. Want a trick movement for timing your 0-62mph run? check.
Well that'll now cost you $9200 sir. 😒

Want a tool roll for your Porsche? How about a set of spanner’s?

£350 and £75 respectively.

These seem good value compared to the oil filter spotlight at £200

Want a tool roll for your Porsche? How about a set of spanner’s?

£350 and £75 respectively.

These seem good value compared to the oil filter spotlight at £200
LOL. I was referring to the option list when buying a new Porsche car. But those items look kinda cool!

Kidding aside, I do wonder if TAG believes that Porsche owners are used to paying high prices, so won't mind the price of their newest Porsche watch. But the reality is, it's a TAG Heuer not a Porsche.

How much was a Boxter when you bought your s2000? I thought they were £35k or so when the s2000 was current.

Also these days, a 986 Boxster or Boxster S is at most, on par with an equivalent-condition S2000. Haven't looked at 987s but I bet you could get a base one for around the same money too

* but the S2000 won't bankrupt you while the Porsches might

* but the S2000 won't bankrupt you while the Porsches might

My 911 agrees.

My 911 agrees.

fυck man so does mine. I am not in the market for the new Porsche watch because Porsche the car has taken all my money lately. LMAO

Mine has arrived, but I won't be home to see it until tonight. I will post some pics then.

Mine has arrived, but I won't be home to see it until tonight. I will post some pics then.
Congrats @Hubert! ::rimshot::
Would love to also see some side by side shots next to your Blue RS and 39mm Reverse Panda glassbox for comparison.

I brought a boxster in from Belgium before I got the current S2, sure it more than £35k then*, but regardless, unless TH up their quality act people won’t pay the prices, he’ll I won’t even pay retail for one now.

* Time messes with the memory, it was 14 years ago.

I wanted a Porsche watch so I bought a Porsche Design, grand deal for a Series 1 at £2700 a couple! of years back, there’s a monoblock chrono going at a local dealer for less than 50% retail, wife says no unfortunately.

LOL. I was referring to the option list when buying a new Porsche car. But those items look kinda cool!

Kidding aside, I do wonder if TAG believes that Porsche owners are used to paying high prices, so won't mind the price of their newest Porsche watch. But the reality is, it's a TAG Heuer not a Porsche.

I should say that has an influence. If you are used to get reamed then why not...

In my imagination, @Hubert IS Dempsey.

Ha, no chance... Dempsey's only worth about $85m. Small beer compared to Hubert's portfolio.

Impressions

- 42mm size is good. I prefer this larger size, over the 39mm glassbox cases. I still contest the 41mm is the ideal case size.
- The larger case does place the movement more on the center. So unless the movement gets enlarged, I don't see the subdials ever going as close to the edge, as in the heritage models found in the smaller glassbox cases.
- The "patchy" overlapped bezel is still present, but it is less noticeable than in the smaller models. As always, any printed markers- on the edge help.
- The color of the dial is interesting; its not white, and its nor silver. It has a warmer tone. I want to say its a very pale champagne dial?
- I like the red accents; they are tasteful and restrained to give an overall elegant look.
- It's a shame the black faded bezel seen in the early renders, didn't make it to production. That was my favorite part of the render's design.
- The ChronoSprint is truly the most special part of this watch.

So here are some shots in the sun