The Shape of Things to Come

Their vlogging style is really annoying. Weird to see them give Tag props while equally propagating negative narratives. Eyeballs and clicks is their business. Everything said with a grain of salt.

You don’t really need to watch influencers to report that the Skipper is awesome, just look at it!

Well, that’s a tricky one. I personally don’t see it in videos and photos, but I have not seen one with my own eyes yet.

Would be happy to be proven wrong, although I have seen the standard new glassbox models in the flesh and wasn’t fussed.

Not saying you’re wrong, just that everyone’s definition of awesome differs.

Having just watched more of the video I posted they ironically say don’t increase prices just sell the cheaper watches that everyone wants and then make it up on volume.

That’s pretty much the opposite of the TAG Heuer video. This does make me wonder whether the paid promotional content that the opening warning gives is the blatant plug or whether LVMH have paid them too, with the blatant plug masking said payment from LVMH…

The point I am trying to make isn’t aimed at bashing @Mspeedster for posting but that nobody can be trusted on YouTube, which is why TAG Heuer specifically get bashed often, as it’s clearly easy clickbait rather than honest opinion on design and quality of the pieces concerned.
At the end of the video, they say the sponsorship is by Brilliant and give it a little plug. Unless I'm mistaken, Brilliant has no relationship to LVMH.

At the end of the video, they say the sponsorship is by Brilliant and give it a little plug. Unless I'm mistaken, Brilliant has no relationship to LVMH.
Does stating that preclude them from having to mention any other sponsorship? I have no idea what the rules are in that respect.

If they are bound to state all parties who have sponsored, and we assume they are honest in that respect, then why do those two videos contradict themselves so much?

Again, this isn’t personal to you having posted the video originally btw, just my opinion on the legitimacy of YouTubers.

Christian has always hated TAG and loved Heuer. Must be very confusing for him to suddenly like watches with TAG Heuer on the dial.

Does stating that preclude them from having to mention any other sponsorship? I have no idea what the rules are in that respect.

If they are bound to state all parties who have sponsored, and we assume they are honest in that respect, then why do those two videos contradict themselves so much?

Again, this isn’t personal to you having posted the video originally btw, just my opinion on the legitimacy of YouTubers.
Like @99LinkEd, I find them to be annoying. They are often all over the map.

I rarely watch them, but in this case, thought the video was hitting on several points discussed here. They've bashed TAG in the past, so found their praise, especially for the Skeleton Monaco, surprising.

I don't agree with everything they're saying either. At the end of the day, everyone has an opinion.

Absolutely. Everyone should have an opinion. Forums, and life in general, would be very boring otherwise.

The problem with putting such opinions in videos, for all to see, is that you have to keep track of everything that has been said before. Those videos were 3 weeks apart and totally contradict.

You don’t have to keep track when you’re honest and genuine with said opinion, hence my scepticism on their motivation.

The Skipper & Skeleton Monaco get high praise from these two. One of them even feels the Monaco is better than a Daytona! :eek:
They also talk about the challenge TAG has in going upmarket, having $25k watches sitting next to $2k watches etc. Quite relevant to this thread discussion.
Wow, the over the top praise for the skeleton!!! I'll join the list of people here who are thinking how much was he paid to say that.

That'd be some fireman! :eek:
It seems the pole is a standard feature of the remodeled TAG Boutiques. The NYC 5th Ave flag ship store has one that's supersized. :rolleyes:
NYC_Store_locator_2.jpg

No doubt some overpaid design genius decided a pole is essential for reasons we are too stupid to understand.

If I was mega rich, I mean like Hubert-rich, I would have them recreate a boutique in my house. That would be cool.

Do you have a boutique in your house Hubert? Probably got a TAG one and an Omega one... hahaha

No doubt some overpaid design genius decided a pole is essential for reasons we are too stupid to understand.
Either that or it's there to hold the building up

Do you have a boutique in your house Hubert? Probably got a TAG one and an Omega one... hahaha

Leaked photos of Chateu d’Hubert show the watch suite is the majority of the east wing

If I was mega rich, I mean like Hubert-rich, I would have them recreate a boutique in my house. That would be cool.
If this happened, I would a commission a 1:10 scale miniature version with kung fu grip action figures and invite my neighbors over for playtime.

To be clear, a 1:10 scale version of @Aquagraph 's Home Boutique, not the 5th Ave store.
Edited:

Yeah, good idea for the museum!

smug-daniel-craig.gif
Leaked photos of Chateu d’Hubert show the watch suite is the majority of the east wing
happy-daniel-craig.gif
Is that the side with the helipad?
m3wk_R.gif