The Shape of Things to Come

Teddy's take on TAG Heuer's recent direction shift, under the leadership of Frederic and LVMH. The Glassbox and Skipper, being the primary reasons for his optimism.

I said that when I got the Skipper but nobody wanted to listen to me :D

I do like Teddy’s videos as he’s very good at what he does. He doesn’t ever really rubbish any brand or piece though, and is never really gushing either. It’s as if he doesn’t want to show his own opinion.

An example being where he says they are “relatively” successful of late. Now just how do you quantify a comment like that.

Another example being where he says the size of the new glassbox pieces appeal to purist vintage fans, but then says the new glassbox models were designed to look forwards for a change rather than backwards to their vintage lines.

In effect giving a deliberately balanced, but somewhat contradictory, view which anyone can enjoy watching but that ultimately says nothing and gives minimal real opinion.

For clarification, I really want to like the Skipper as the colour scheme appeals big time, as does the strap. The design and size kills it dead for me though.

Glad it appeals to others though, even if not for me.

I said that when I got the Skipper but nobody wanted to listen to me :D
But your conviction seemed to waiver, as you had it up for sale not long ago. :confused:

I do like Teddy’s videos as he’s very good at what he does. He doesn’t ever really rubbish any brand or piece though, and is never really gushing either. It’s as if he doesn’t want to show his own opinion.

He's extremely diplomatic. I don't really understand why everyone suddenly decided it was okay to like TH again.

Not being on Facebook, I can’t say tell more…
img_1302-png.5534722

A horological homage to timeless legacies.

Spotlighting a one-of-a-kind timepiece that more than lives up to two unmatched legacies.

Stay tuned, September 7th at 11am CET for more.

#TAGHeuer #TAGHeuerCarrera

Not being on Facebook, I can’t say tell more…
img_1302-png.5534722
Chronosprint Carrera Porsche collaboration.
Rose gold edition and Steel edition.
Glassbox back and front.

I suspected it was, but didn’t have the time to poke around… :rolleyes:

But your conviction seemed to waiver, as you had it up for sale not long ago. :confused:

I had a huge bill replacing the clutch and rebuilding the gearbox on the Turbo. So I had to let the Skipper go as nothing else is selling quickly :(

This video explores the driving factors behind TAG Heuer's price increases. It's implied that Max and the Monaco line are key reasons.

Interesting video. It’s cool to investigate how seemingly unrelated real world events appear to influence product sales.

This graph was interesting, linked to how the racing boosted sales.

IMG_5577.png

If you take that at face value, the 2021/22 season starts and sales drop, but overall had absolutely no affect on the market as it ended where it started, albeit with a blip each way in between. Arguably the end of the season could be said to boost sales.

2022/23 season is interesting as both the start of the season and Max signing a new contract saw sales plummet. Max is champion and it drops further, until season ends when it shoots up again.

2023/24 season starts and sales drop again, rise and then even out again. End of season data obviously not ready yet.

I don’t really see much correlation other than sales drop when the season starts and rise after it’s over. Seems to be the opposite of what the Max affect should be?

Now this is totally dependent on what was happening in the world outside of F1, plus when new models are released. Monaco’s in this case I assume.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, it's hardly conclusive is it. For sure Max wearing the skeleton Monaco so much would probably help as it's very visible. But I think it's a leap to claim Max's success is driving up prices. I doubt there's a similar video out there saying Hamilton's lack of success is driving IWC prices down...

I would like to see a graph of used watch prices referencing increases in new watch prices. Wonder what that might show.

(…) Now this is totally dependent on what was happening in the world outside of F1, plus when new models are released. Monaco’s in this case I assume.

Any thoughts?
I think you already hit the nail on the head with your last paragraph. IMHO, what WatchCharts is trying to do here is total quack science…

I don’t really see much correlation other than sales drop when the season starts and rise after it’s over. Seems to be the opposite of what the Max affect should be?

So perhaps it could be said that Max is actually hurting sales....

So perhaps it could be said that Max is actually hurting sales....
Like the video, I didn’t actually say that…just led you there. ;)

I think it more accurately reflects the seasonal nature of watch purchasing. Before the pandemic put normal rhythms on pause, the watch market was always strongest between December-May. Afterwards, people tended to go on vacations and then afterwards save their money for holiday shopping. That came back in 2022 as we can see