2023 TAG Heuer Carrera ChronoSprint x Porsche (CBS2011 & CBS2040)

The Carrera is written in a different font on those models, looks much better in my opinion.
I noticed that too. The one's in the video have Carrera in the Porsche font, like last year's RS2.7 models. But they must be prototypes, the production models for sale have Carrera in the TAG font. Too bad.

Pictures from my try on. I prefer the look of the gold model.

No where on the watch is there anything to note the 60th Anniversary of the 911.

The Porsche x Carrera 2023 is already getting eclipsed by the Swatch x Blancpain. Talk about bad luck on the announcement dates. ::facepalm1::
Was just about to say…. Just me, or is the ‘hype’ not really there with this new release?
20230906_160342-jpg.1660265
(credit @brodinkee)

I should have bought the blue one last year

I'm waiting for the official explanation on how the sprint timing works. I don't understand it, but it does look cool.

I timed it against my normal chrono. The chrono hand speeds up in the section that normally would be in the area from 0 to 20secs, but the markings on the bezel go from 0 to 9 in that area. So instead of timing 20 seconds, it's timing a different increment. Perhaps 10 secs at double speed? Then after that, the chrono hand slows down to match a normal 60 second timer. What practical use this has in the real world or a race wasn't obvious to me.
The first part of the timing goes for 9.11sec.to reflect the 911. That's what I was told. Will get some more info tonight at the event.
OK, so all the articles I've read say the "sprint" function mirrors the 0-100 km/h speed of 9.1 secs, the time achieved by the first Porsche 911 (Type 901).

But still no mention of how the chronosprint function can be used in the real world. For all intents and purposes, it renders the chronograph absolutely useless (IMHO). Even Hodinkee can't figure out a practical use for it. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/intro-tag-heuer-carrera-chronosprint-x-porsche

"Why did they do it? What purpose does this serve? I’m not sure. But they did it anyway."

Would’ve been nice if the rotor color was contrasting 😉This watch’s probable target market is those owners of the old school Porsche Carrerra 👍

Nice design! Images of the silvery white dial make the apple pan / frisbee dial effect less pronounced. To me, TH makes more sense from ~$5000 but that is no longer a reality. Thinking about picking up a BB54/58 lately. Would rather buy this Carrera but just can't justify $9200.
Edited:

Clever looking watch, I rather like it. Not at this price, not ever, but can imagine this will look great. Relieved they decided on the correct Carrera font. The Porsche font realy looks off. They use those on cheap quartz watches you can buy at Porsche dealerships for 300 euro.

Clever looking watch, I rather like it. Not at this price, not ever, but can imagine this will look great. Relieved they decided on the correct Carrera font. The Porsche font realy looks off. They use those on cheap quartz watches you can buy at Porsche dealerships for 300 euro.
A Blog To Watch confirmed that the Porsche script font was only on the pre-production watches shown to the press.
https://www.ablogtowatch.com/hands-on-debut-tag-heuer-carrera-chronosprint-x-porsche-watches/
TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Chronosprint-Porsche-RHE-Crop-08.jpg

I actually prefer the Carrera in Porsche script font. Another reason why I like the blue RS2.7 better. But the price is the biggest negative for this watch, just no way I can justify $9200 for it. Frankly, I'm disappointed with the price more than anything else, being a life long 911 fan.

Looks really nice in that picture.
Don’t understand the pricing on this.
In Belgium:
39mm glassbox 6500 euro
42mm 5800 euro
Skipper 6850 euro
60th glassbox 7200 euro
Chronosprint 9450 euro…

Looks really nice in that picture.
Don’t understand the pricing on this.
In Belgium:
39mm glassbox 6500 euro
42mm 5800 euro
Skipper 6850 euro
60th glassbox 7200 euro
Chronosprint 9450 euro…
Yeah and the gold 911 is exactly the same price as the gold RS2.7, $23,550 USD. So they can't say the movement is the reason. Makes the gold 911 the better relative value vs. the stainless steel version.

Furthermore, the Orange & Yellow Carrera Sport x Porsche watches are $7,050 and the Blue RS2.7 was $7,750 (IIRC). The price of the stainless steel 911 doesn't add up, other than TAG being overly greedy. 😡

In line with other Porsche products? My convertible Honda new was £30k, Boxster £80k, both do the same job but only one has that name?

BTW,Ido like that watch but can’t justify spending that an a carrera.

Furthermore, the Orange & Yellow Carrera Sport x Porsche watches are $7,050 and the Blue RS2.7 was $7,750 (IIRC). The price of the stainless steel 911 doesn't add up, other than TAG being overly greedy. 😡

I wish I could find the button allowing me to like this post times a thousand, @Mspeedster.

A Blog To Watch confirmed that the Porsche script font was only on the pre-production watches shown to the press.
https://www.ablogtowatch.com/hands-on-debut-tag-heuer-carrera-chronosprint-x-porsche-watches/
TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Chronosprint-Porsche-RHE-Crop-08.jpg

I actually prefer the Carrera in Porsche script font. Another reason why I like the blue RS2.7 better. But the price is the biggest negative for this watch, just no way I can justify $9200 for it. Frankly, I'm disappointed with the price more than anything else, being a life long 911 fan.

Looks really nice in this photo, and the Carrera font looks better to me...

In line with other Porsche products? My convertible Honda new was £30k, Boxster £80k, both do the same job but only one has that name?

BTW,Ido like that watch but can’t justify spending that an a carrera.
There lies TAG's biggest hurdle...it is not associated with a certain price point

And increase quality doesnt fix that...marketing and more marketing and time and a little more marketing does more for perception

A steel daytona, getting msrp is next to impossible so
$20,000-$ 28,000 range in the grey market but people pay because of the name ROLEX

or even zenith chronosport $10,500

A special edition, porsche collab, in house movement, glassbox...spec wise ...it is price accordingly to its competitors

With all that said, 7,500- 7,800 would have been perfect because the name TAG does not demand that premium... at least not yet

Doesnt help that a limited edition porsche carrera with nato and braclet was nearly $2000 less