Forums Latest Members

2023 TAG Heuer Carrera ChronoSprint x Porsche (CBS2011 & CBS2040)

1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 26, 2023

EDIT 9/7/2023
    Watches revealed https://www.tagheuer.com/us/en/carrera-porsche/carrera-chronosprint-porsche.html
    upload_2023-9-7_7-39-33.png

--------------------------------------------------------------
    upload_2023-8-26_13-54-27.png

As many of you know, this year marks Porsche's 75 Anniversary, which coincides with TAG Heuer's Carrera 60th.

Given the partnership TAG Heuer has with Porsche, it was a matter of time before their next special edition was issued, especially as a follow-up to last year's very successful RS collection.

So the date is nearing and some of the TAG Heuer boutiques have started receiving their allocations. So if you want one, it might not be a bad idea to contact them to be on their interest-list or put down a deposit.

As always, please don't post any renders or actual pictures, until the official announcement happens.

Edited Sep 7, 2023
    Ara and Albert-AMG like this.
  2. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 26, 2023

I'm looking forward to this release. I've been given a chance to pre-order one, but I'm going to pass. I think I like last year's Blue RS2.7 better.

This one has some interesting features though, both design wise and its movement. Which I guess we can discuss in about 2 weeks.

Hubert, Ara and Anthony.R like this.
  3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 27, 2023

In the meantime please feel free to DM Jeff Stein for pics..... :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry Hubert, I just couldn't resist.
    :D

YG_Rulz, thingziliketoo and Hubert like this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 27, 2023

For those not in on the joke ^, please DON'T ask Jeff for pre-release info or pictures.

YG_Rulz and Aquagraph like this.
  5. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 27, 2023

It's no joke to TAG Heuer, they're taking this kind of stuff very seriously now. I've heard such leaks are grounds for termination.

Puts the Boutiques in a tough position. They're sent pieces early to prime the sales pump for release day. But need to make sure nothing gets leaked.

Hubert likes this.
  6. bpsmith

bpsmith Aug 28, 2023

It smacks of double standards for me. If you want it kept secret until release day then don’t send the items or renders ahead of time and certainly don’t encourage stores to whip up a frenzy by sharing said items or renders with certain customers and not others, only to be surprised when this inevitably finds its way into mainstream.

It’s ironic really, considering the leaks actually come from the brand itself with them wanting the best of both worlds.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 28, 2023

The only time I can see that it can cause them a problem is if they are trying to sell something, and they don't want you to know something better is round the corner. Like when they launched the 42mm Panda WOS and then three months later the one most people actually wanted. Otherwise, what's the big deal if a few watch nerds know in advance. I can understand they don't want pictures posting, and we police that well, and I don't leak pics anywhere else either. The only time I 'leak' pics is if they are on a TAG website in a different country already. And I think that's fair, after all, the internet is not country specific.

8. bpsmith

bpsmith Aug 28, 2023

I don’t have an issue with people knowing, if they choose to ask the right people. My point is that there’s this big deal about information and renders being shared, with companies allegedly threatening to terminate employment for sharing renders, when they absolutely rely on this being done in order to sell out of watches before they are even released. That’s the double standard.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  9. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Aug 28, 2023

The new Chronosprint Carrera was on display early July in Melbourne when I attended the Tag Heuer event. People taking pictures of it freely.
    Surprised it hasn't leaked already.

Hubert and Mspeedster like this.
  10. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 28, 2023

Speaking of which, apparently you know that thing that we all thought was gonna be a thing later in the year, but we haven't really heard anything about it. Well apparently it is a thing and it is coming out.

Hubert and bpsmith like this.
  11. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Aug 28, 2023

This will definitely be the most exciting release of the year then! Cant wait!!

12. bpsmith

bpsmith Aug 28, 2023

I have no idea what you’re referring to… ;)

13. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 28, 2023

I guess it's like an honor system. Select customers are invited to such events and trusted not to leak.

The sprint timing feature is cool, but the price of this new watch is not. Welcome to the new normal. :unsure:

14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 28, 2023

Are both steel and gold coming out together?

15. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 28, 2023

Yes. The gold one is priced similar to last year's red RS. But the steel is significantly more than the blue RS. Yet another reason why I like last year's better.

Also, they've made some changes to the actual appearance, it no longer has "Carrera" in the Porsche font (like last year), it uses the standard TAG Carrera font. Plus it doesn't have the Carrera stripe on the side of the case. The biggest change (other than the movement) is the glassbox dome on a 42mm Carrera.

16. Yago

Yago Aug 28, 2023

So this would be the first H02 in the 42mm glassbox?

Anthony.R likes this.
  17. abrod520

abrod520 Aug 28, 2023

Without a tourbillon, yes

18. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 28, 2023

Oh right, so they've changed it since the render I saw then. That had the Carrera in Porsche font

19. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 28, 2023

Except it doesn't use the H02. A new version of the TH20 with a sprint timing feature.

20. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 28, 2023

Yes. There are other differences compared to your draft render too. The bezel accents have changed.

Aquagraph likes this.