2023 Monaco releases

What it it does highlight is that TH do sell their watches cheaper in Japan then they do in the West which is great if you live in Japan or are a smuggler, but not so great for the rest of us.
You're right - I stand corrected. The watch is being sold at Japanese retail, which is 20% cheaper than in the UK. Of course buying anything and getting it imported to UK is quite a dumb thing to do unless you're getting a deep, deep discount in the first place.

If I were interested in the same watch, I'd buy the watch and get it delivered to a low import duty country, like in the middle east. Most people are part of different watch lover networks where you can trust the other person to receive a watch on your behalf, pay the import duties and then hand them over to you when you meet with them. It's not "smuggling" because you've paid all dues for it where you imported it. Of course if you intend to sell the watch in a high price market like the UK, then it's a different thing. But if you intend to keep the watch with you, then you've saved your self a good bunch of money while being on the right side of the law. I've done this myself a few times already, most recently being just a month back - although I don't have the watch in hand right now, but I saved a good few pennies by not importing it to the UK

Nearly bought it a few months ago, TH had one of the last of these as NOS.
I guess you saw it in the Covent Garden store. They were selling a NOS for £4950 I think. A high price for the Monza IMO.

Considering they had it discounted in Bicester Village several years ago I'd have to agree...

Considering they had it discounted in Bicester Village several years ago I'd have to agree...
I think £2500-3000 is fair-max price for the Monza for a full set. But of course depends on other factors on what you find reasonable.

Just yesterday I was talking to a guy in my watch group interested in buying a Monaco with a US$ 3000 budget. Now he's about to finalise a 2022 used CAW211P for US$6100 - love (and craze) for a watch can make you do crazy things :D

True, plus if they really are the last ones.... but then we seem to have heard this over and over.

True, plus if they really are the last ones.... but then we seem to have heard this over and over.
Well we know about the Bamford-ised new C11 coming up later in the year - possibly that's the last .... who knows. Might be called the final edition like the CAW211J Cal 12 Final Edition

You're right - I stand corrected. The watch is being sold at Japanese retail, which is 20% cheaper than in the UK. Of course buying anything and getting it imported to UK is quite a dumb thing to do unless you're getting a deep, deep discount in the first place.

If I were interested in the same watch, I'd buy the watch and get it delivered to a low import duty country, like in the middle east. Most people are part of different watch lover networks where you can trust the other person to receive a watch on your behalf, pay the import duties and then hand them over to you when you meet with them. It's not "smuggling" because you've paid all dues for it where you imported it. Of course if you intend to sell the watch in a high price market like the UK, then it's a different thing. But if you intend to keep the watch with you, then you've saved your self a good bunch of money while being on the right side of the law. I've done this myself a few times already, most recently being just a month back - although I don't have the watch in hand right now, but I saved a good few pennies by not importing it to the UK
Good practical advice, thanks.

I guess you saw it in the Covent Garden store. They were selling a NOS for £4950 I think. A high price for the Monza IMO.
Yes, but it was sellling for £5,200!

Yes, but it was sellling for £5,200!
Screwed up sales strategy. Pricing it higher even when it's not selling, or they have so many NOS which are selling at whatever they're asking.

Well we know about the Bamford-ised new C11 coming up later in the year - possibly that's the last .... who knows. Might be called the final edition like the CAW211J Cal 12 Final Edition

I searched, but couldn't find info on the upcoming Bamford. I really liked the forged carbon/blue sub-dial officially-endorsed Bamford Monaco, but didn't jump on it when new. What is rumored to be coming?

I meant the last ones of the 40th anniversary.

Do we ? I don’t, please tell ;)

Where are you based? London Oxford Street store had one on display the other day, despite the ecommerce site saying "join the waiting list". It might be worth contacting your TH store directly, because it might be that retail and ecommerce have seperate inventories.
There’s one in the Covent Garden store too

I searched, but couldn't find info on the upcoming Bamford. I really liked the forged carbon/blue sub-dial officially-endorsed Bamford Monaco, but didn't jump on it when new. What is rumored to be coming?
It's not a Bamford. If it's the watch I've heard about it, it will be a TAG Heuer new release similar to the C11 Titan model released in 2021, but with different colors.

He said "Bamford-ised" because I guess he thinks it looks like a Bamford design.

Has anyone seen a Monza skeleton recently by the way? It seems to have come and gone as if it was a limited edition..
It was available to Add to Cart on the US website a few weeks ago. Now back to Join the Waiting list status. Still around, but scarce, need the right timing to catch one in a Boutique or on the Website.

Unfortunately it’s several thousand miles away from me ☹️.
If you're in a different part of the US, the US Boutiques do ship to any location in the country for free.

He said "Bamford-ised" because I guess he thinks it looks like a Bamford design.
That's right, I meant that I could replicate the same design on Bamford's custom watch tool. Apologies for any confusion

It's not a Bamford. If it's the watch I've heard about it, it will be a TAG Heuer new release similar to the C11 Titan model released in 2021, but with different colors.

The C11 LE should be out in September to coincide with the Singapore GP.

That's right, I meant that I could replicate the same design on Bamford's custom watch tool. Apologies for any confusion

Yes, but what does it look like? I'm a newbie here ... Sorry. :-(

Yes, but what does it look like? I'm a newbie here ... Sorry. :-(
It was described earlier in this thread.

However, we were also reminded by our mod @Hubert (in this same thread) that pics of unreleased models are not allowed. Also, detailed descriptions are generally frowned upon. https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/2023-monaco-releases.152678/page-6#post-2180589

Since the description hasn't been removed, here's the post explaining what it looks like: https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/2023-monaco-releases.152678/page-3#post-2174323

Great shots from Monochrome; this really makes this one look good!
upload_2023-6-3_0-4-14.png