Forums Latest Members
  1. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz May 15, 2023

There's nothing left of the racing DNA in the skeletons. Ironic enough isn't it :D

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph May 15, 2023

Racing DNA, pffft. I thought it was designed for Architects or something....

Beckerman and Jim Dollares like this.
  3. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz May 15, 2023

Agreed, the design reminds me of the exposed pipes you see in the ceilings of modern buildings which are called an "industrial design". [​IMG]

4. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 15, 2023

What do they call those horrible horizontal markers between 5 and 7?

Yago likes this.
  5. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares May 15, 2023

That would be the mouth of the angry skeleton man right? Sub dials being the eyes.

On the top though, 11 and 1 markers, you see arms making the TAG shield look like a tiny little cartoon man flexing his muscles, those arms remind me of the Pokémon Geodude
    [​IMG]

Albert-AMG, Beckerman and Anthony.R like this.
  6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph May 15, 2023

Scaffolding>??

7. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 15, 2023

Still under construction. Hahaha

Aquagraph, Beckerman and YG_Rulz like this.
  8. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz May 15, 2023

Would it be safe to say that we can divert our "love to hate" focus from the Monaco Riviera to the Skeleton Monaco :whistling:

9. imagwai

imagwai May 15, 2023

I'm sure there's plenty of hate to go around :D

Jim Dollares, YG_Rulz and Aquagraph like this.
  10. Aquagraph

Aquagraph May 15, 2023

Hell no. These are not even in the Monaco Riviera league.

Or the new glassbox Carrera league for that matter... (other opinions are available)

11. Mspeedster

Mspeedster May 15, 2023

When I saw the live pic, the first thing that came to my mind was a strong Aztec or Mayan type of vibe.
    20220515_074519e2.jpg
    I prefer not to "hate" on things. So I'll just say it's not my cup of tea, as I'm not a fan of skeletons in general.

At least in the Riviera's case, it reminded me of one of my favorite childhood rides. If the prices were equal, I'd probably choose the Riviera for that reason alone over the new skeleton.
    20220515_074519e.jpg
    20220515_074519.jpg

Edited May 15, 2023
    imagwai and YG_Rulz like this.
  12. jamesie1975

jamesie1975 May 15, 2023

Can confirm the AD in Solihull has a Dark Lord in stock even if they aren’t sure what they are allowed to do with it

13. RushDom

RushDom May 16, 2023

Maybe they could sell it to a member of the public in exchange for money?

YY77, Aquagraph, Jim Dollares and 2 others like this.
  14. Sc1mitar

Sc1mitar May 16, 2023

Why don’t we post preview pictures here? It’s not like the Calibre 11 days when it was affiliated to Tag?

15. Aquagraph

Aquagraph May 16, 2023

Somebody is still hosting the site. We should respect that.

YG_Rulz likes this.
  16. Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein May 16, 2023

I do hate to sound like the goodie goodie in the classroom, but rather than respecting whoever is hosting the site, shouldn't you be respecting the TAG Heuer brand from whom images and information are being stolen (at worst) or misappropriated (at best)?

At times, this forum seems to serve as a clearing house for stolen / misappropriated information, with so many participants playing the game. Even when the images / information are not posted, there seems to be a regular flow of suggestions re DMs, offers of information, etc. And then after the images and information are exchanged, they are discussed.

Everyone has their own idea about what a discussion forum should (and should not) be; this is just my observation after a few months here.

Jeff

Edited May 16, 2023
  17. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 16, 2023

Hi Jeff

Not totally sure that it's fair to say that Tag Heuer has been disrespected. Many contributors here have been invited by Boutique Management and staff to view upcoming models prior to release date.
    We are very respectful here not to post anything that is covered by embargo. It's been that way for a long time.
    I don't see any better place to discuss these upcoming models than here, amongst Tag Heuer fans.
    It's also my opinion that what is discussed via DM has nothing to do with what is posted on the Public Forum.

Lots of Members here are also friends outside of the Forum and it's no different to having a face to face conversation.
    Most of this Monaco discussion has come about after someone posted a Photo of the New Skeleton Monaco on a Facebook page.
    Nobody here has posted that Image, keeping to the strict standards we follow.

Reading your post makes me think you object to and future discussion on upcoming or rumoured pieces?

I understand it's disappointing when images get leaked but when it's a Tag Heuer Boutique that allows photos to be taken prior to release it's on them if theat image is then shared.

Not sure if everyone agrees with my views but that is how I feel about the whole matter.

18. Yago

Yago May 17, 2023

It’s my firm belief that this forum hosts the most passionate TAG Heuer community, with daily contributions discussing a broad variety of topics, including rumoured releases.
    There are firm rules in place that no renders or photos can be shared on the open forum before official release. These types of photos are shared and discussed in DMs however. I don’t think this can be avoided. It’s no different from other watch forums or any other topic people are passionate about, be it cars or sneakers. I certainly wouldn’t go as far as labelling the forum as a clearing house for stolen information. I remember that even before the official Isograph launch we found images of Chinese copies of that very Isograph. Those guys are lighyears ahead of us ;)

I tend to agree we probably shouldn’t discuss the ‘spy shots’ or release information on the open forum. Not for legal reasons but as a courtesy.

The forum is of course fully independent from TAG Heuer. I would go as far as saying there is zero contribution from TAG Heuer. The most relevant online TAG Heuer community exists in a complete vacuum from the brand. Athough this shouldn’t impact the type of information that is shared, I’m convinced it enables some sharper edges in discussions.

YG_Rulz, abrod520, dtf and 6 others like this.
  19. RushDom

RushDom May 17, 2023

@Jeff Stein TAG Heuer seems perfectly content with knowledge of upcoming ‘special releases’ being in the semi-public domain. Many boutiques are freely discussing/showing these pieces with clients well in advance, so they’re hardly top secret.

There is a pretty narrow pool of collectors who are willing to drop big bucks on TAG Heuer products, so it’s in the company’s interest to keep these people in the loop and gauge potential interest in such releases.

20. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 17, 2023

To avoid breaking any embargos, no public posts with picture(s) of unreleased models are allowed. If they are posted, moderators pull them down.

Throughout the years, the forum has had an unwritten rule to not publicly allow descriptions of unreleased models. This unwritten rule was largely enforced during the days when the forum was sponsored by TAG Heuer.

Today, following precedent and as a general courtesy to the brand, most members still follow it (to a degree), while others are much more open. In the end, I presume most members would disapprove of adding restrictions to the discussions.