2023 Monaco releases

It doesn't help when TH have models on other countries websites but not ours. Is the green ladies Aquaracer released or not? It is on the US website but not the UK website...

I'd wager Jeff has access to upcoming releases anyway, so bit rich honestly.

To avoid breaking any embargos, no public posts with picture(s) of unreleased models are allowed. If they are posted, moderators pull them down.

Throughout the years, the forum has had an unwritten rule to not publicly allow descriptions of unreleased models. This unwritten rule was largely enforced during the days when the forum was sponsored by TAG Heuer.

Today, following precedent and as a general courtesy to the brand, most members still follow it (to a degree), while others are much more open. In the end, I presume most members would disapprove of adding restrictions to the discussions.

Sorry Hubert, I was under the impression that as long as we didn't post pics then talking about them was okay. If not then fine, but it will impact traffic on the actual forum and just end up with a lot more PMs.

Oh and I'm not being funny, but sometimes these renders are not STOLEN as Jeff puts it. Sometimes they are found by accident on the websites of ADs.

And come to thar, wasn't the blue and white Aquaracer GMT on sale in Stores in Germany two months before it was released?

For example the red dial Aquaracer has been on an ADs website for at least the past two weeks...

Leaking tit bits and generating discussion is what brands like to do anyway - creates a buzz/excitement, and saves on marketing. Of course they want to control it to a degree. Not that I think our small community has a particularly huge impact on Tag Heuer sales generally, though.

Oh and I'm not being funny, but sometimes these renders are not STOLEN as Jeff puts it. Sometimes they are found by accident on the websites of ADs.
All the preciews we get are gifted to us from AD's or boutiques. Calling them stolen is simply not true.

It doesn't help when TH have models on other countries websites but not ours. Is the green ladies Aquaracer released or not? It is on the US website but not the UK website...

US members are allowed to discuss that watch, UK members are not. Simple. :D

If TH dislike negative discussion of upcoming models, they should make them less hideous?

Thanks for all the responses and clarifications. It just struck me as strange to have discussions on the forum about the details of specific watches (for example, the skeleton Monacos) when there are no photos of those watches posted on this forum. I suppose that someone who wants to participate in the discussion can get the photos / renderings privately, and then jump in. Like I said -- kind of a strange choreography.

Yeah, it is strange. But we're just trying to stick within the letter of law so Hubert doesn't come down on us...

I guess I opened a can of worms here, apologies. Although a newbie here, I’ve been a follower of Calibre11 back in the day for some time (as well as having owned a couple of vintage Heuers) and know of the historic ties to Tag and perhaps reasoning. But if the forum owners don’t want it, that’s enough for me. As to the the “respecting the brand” I find that a bit strange. I love the current designs, but in the end, it’s just a company which if it wanted a proper hard core embargo, could easily enforce it, like other watch companies clearly do.

I guess I opened a can of worms here, apologies. Although a newbie here, I’ve been a follower of Calibre11 back in the day for some time (as well as having owned a couple of vintage Heuers) and know of the historic ties to Tag and perhaps reasoning. But if the forum owners don’t want it, that’s enough for me. As to the the “respecting the brand” I find that a bit strange. I love the current designs, but in the end, it’s just a company which if it wanted a proper hard core embargo, could easily enforce it, like other watch companies clearly do.
Nothing to apologize for bro, the whole purpose of this forum is to discuss TAG Heuer. Old, new and upcoming all included :thumbsup:

So, you know... the more you guys hate on these new skeletor Monacos, the more I'm gonna like them.

Probably.

Skeletor-Masters-Universe-cartoon-h5-frustration-big.jpg

the more you guys hate on these new skeletor Monacos, the more I'm gonna like them

Well!

I handled the new Monacos today, and they are shockingly not that bad!

I did not know this but they're titanium, so they have a nice light case in that great brushed finish. They are also the slightest bit slimmer than the regular H02 Monacos. All in all, they wear pretty nicely IMO. And the fact that you can't see the stupid running seconds against the skeleton is just a bonus. The black is good, the blue is still a mess with the red accents.

Shame they're way too expensive. On design alone I'd even say it's a winner in black, but coupled with the ridiculous price point it's not very compelling sadly.