2023 Monaco releases

Great shots from Monochrome; this really makes this one look good!
upload_2023-6-3_0-4-14.png

I had a look today at the boutique.
The Turquoise is definitely my favourite. It just pops like nothing else

I'll post a couple of pics of the skeleton turquoise here too.

It is hard to answer your question. First, did the Dark Lord feel like it was worth something like $4000 more than my older C12? Hard to say, but I thought it looked cool so went for it. Same with this one -- it definitely has more "pop" to it with the turquoise than the Dark Lord. Honestly, the skeleton aspect of it is more subtle than you would think. It shows up a lot in pictures, but when you glance down at the watch, you don't immediately think "OMG look at all of the workings!".

I will say that I find the rubber strap on the skeleton more comfortable than the alligator strap on the Dark Lord. Neither of them is as comfortable as the metal band on the C12 though. I wish they made a DLC black metal band for the Monaco.

Anyway, for me it was a nice addition to the collection. What's crazy is that within 24 hours of deciding to pull the trigger on the skeleton, my Rolex AD texted me saying a Sprite GMT ii I had wanted finally came in.
Congrats - in think it looks nicer in these IRL photos than in the renders.

Does anyone know the rubber strap thickness/clasp height? If it is 3mm (rather than the usual 2mm), I might be interested in picking one of these straps up.

Does anyone know the rubber strap thickness/clasp height? If it is 3mm (rather than the usual 2mm), I might be interested in picking one of these straps up.

I'm on a trip, and the watch isn't with me right now so I can't check the strap. But, having never had a strap like that before, I couldn't tell you if it is 2mm or 3mm, and I don't have a caliper set at home to measure. :-(

The majority of the strap is 2mm, but at the lug end it's about 4mm before quickly tapering down to 2mm. Unlike other rubber straps which have textured or raised underside, this is completely flat. Time will tell whether this is comfortable to wear in wet or sweaty conditions in hot weather. The strap itself has been very comfortable so far (far more flexible than the alligator strap on the Dark Lord, or the perforated leather on the Steve McQueen).
Edited:

2mm in thickness
That sounds about right. The standard TH clasp (I think its FC5014) is keant for a 2mm thick strap. I've fitted a few straps which were marginally more thick but made of softer leather, so there is a bit of room there.

The majority of the strap is 2mm, but at the lug end it's about 4mm before quickly tapering down to 2mm. Unlike other rubber straps which have textured or raised underside, this is completely flat. Time will tell whether this is comfortable to wear in wet or sweaty conditions in hot weather. The strap itself has been very comfortable so far (far more flexible than the alligator strap on the Dark Lord, or the perforated leather on the Steve McQueen).
Tks for taking the time to measure and post this :thumbsup:

I had a look today at the boutique.
The Turquoise is definitely my favourite. It just pops like nothing else
Nice. I still have to see it in the metal.

FYI, the first picture on the turquoise Monaco webpage incorrectly portrays the watch with white inserts on the hour/minute hands, when in reality it has turquoise inserts as depicted correctly in all the subsequent pictures.
Edited:

FYI, the first picture on the turquoise Monaco webpage incorrectly portrays the watch with white inserts on the hour/minute hands, when in reality it has turquoise inserts as depicted correctly in all the subsequent pictures.
TAG Heuer render guy continues to impress

1615983-66d9330ea79f5cfe5aa3837321c632d8.jpg

The four titanium corners on the dial really bug me. Might've been nicer and more interesting to have these see through, further highlighting the circle in the square.

Yes, they is damned ugly. At least on the black one they are blacked out...

The four titanium corners on the dial really bug me. Might've been nicer and more interesting to have these see through, further highlighting the circle in the square.
They haven't don't bother me. I suppose they designer intended them to accentuate the inner circular-dial and the square-case. That said, I have yet to see them in the metal.

I'll wait for a sapphire case before I buy a skeleton Monaco. By that time I hope I'll have 100k laying around :rolleyes:

upload_2023-6-5_15-18-46.png
Monaco prices are getting way out of hand...
Honestly speaking Watchfinder is not the place to buy a Tag. But yes, I get the sentiment of the post - non-standard Monaco prices are becoming a joke.

That's right, I meant that I could replicate the same design on Bamford's custom watch tool. Apologies for any confusion
upload_2023-6-5_15-18-46.png
Monaco prices are getting way out of hand...
Asking price is one thing , getting it is another ;)

Honestly speaking Watchfinder is not the place to buy a Tag. But yes, I get the sentiment of the post - non-standard Monaco prices are becoming a joke.

Watchfinder is not the place to buy any watch to be fair. Heard far too many horror stories!

Also heard today that a large percentage of the boutiques in the UK wont be getting the skeleton pieces for quite some time. Maybe Tag making them more exclusive and only available at their flagships for the time being?