2023 Monaco releases

The four titanium corners on the dial really bug me. Might've been nicer and more interesting to have these see through, further highlighting the circle in the square.
They haven't don't bother me. I suppose they designer intended them to accentuate the inner circular-dial and the square-case. That said, I have yet to see them in the metal.
I was also wondering how these might look with open corners. However, I think accentuating the inner circle may not be the only reason they're closed.

In order to have the corners open, the movement has to be secure and still look pleasing to the eye. If they need to have something like the shock absorbers on the Monaco 24, it might make it look too messy. (Imagine these corners on the front face of the skeleton.)
Monaco24 caseback.jpeg

Also heard today that a large percentage of the boutiques in the UK wont be getting the skeleton pieces for quite some time. Maybe Tag making them more exclusive and only available at their flagships for the time being?

Really? Interesting. I know the TAG website and Oxford Street / Covent Garden have two weeks exclusivity over other non TAG owned boutiques.

Honestly speaking Watchfinder is not the place to buy a Tag. But yes, I get the sentiment of the post - non-standard Monaco prices are becoming a joke.
In all fairness they have a Titan at a smidge over 8 grand which in comparison to some of the prices on Chrono is, dare I say it, reasonable.

In all fairness they have a Titan at a smidge over 8 grand which in comparison to some of the prices on Chrono is, dare I say it, reasonable.
Agreed, I really don't know what the sellers on eBay and C24 are smoking. I've been seeing the same Titan, posted as a duplicate by 2 different sellers on eBay for £8800 for the last 8-10 months now. I'm really glad that no one is buying it at that price.

Many have probably seen lots of pics of TH Ambassador Wi Ha-Joon (Squid Game) from the Monaco GP weekend wearing the Monaco Skeleton. But there are a few pics worth looking at even closer, like this one.
20230605_121106e.jpg

While it may probably seem like he's just wearing the blue skeleton at a glance, in a few of these, he's actually wearing the upcoming Silver & Blue C11 Titan Monaco!

Look carefully and you can see the left hand side crown and heritage style dial:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CtEvX4AolDD/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CtB2xImPDx-/

*NOTE: @Hubert has given me permission to post about this. As these pics are basically hiding in plain sight on social media. ::facepalm2::
Edited:

Haha nice!
Can’t believe how thick that looks though

Love a C11 but can’t say from that photo I’d be rushing to buy one

Many have probably seen lots of pics of TH Ambassador Wi Ha-Joon (Squid Game) from the Monaco GP weekend wearing the Monaco Skeleton. But there are a few pics worth looking at even closer, like this one.
20230605_121106e.jpg

While it may probably seem like he's just wearing the blue skeleton at a glance, in a few of these, he's actually wearing the upcoming Silver & Blue C11 Titan Monaco!

Look carefully and you can see the left hand side crown and heritage style dial:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CtEvX4AolDD/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CtB2xImPDx-/

*NOTE: @Hubert has given me permission to post about this. As these pics are basically hiding in plain sight on social media. ::facepalm2::
Now that I think about it, it seems like TAG Heuer might have done this on purpose. A teaser / leak based marketing strategy!!! I wouldn't be surprised if a similar trend is spotted prior to (un)known upcoming watch announcements

So apparently the C11 Titan 2.0 is coming in mid-July and the Night Driver is coming in Sept / Oct - feedback from AD.

So apparently the C11 Titan 2.0 is coming in mid-July and the Night Driver is coming in Sept / Oct - feedback from AD.

What’s the Night Driver?

It's a Monaco with lume bits all over it. Imagine an Aquaracer Night Diver, but a Monaco. KInda that. But not quite

It's a Monaco with lume bits all over it. Imagine an Aquaracer Night Diver, but a Monaco. KInda that. But not quite

Hmmm, could look great but I’m not sure. Guessing it will be DLC coating ? How does that stand up over time? I’ve seen a few older black Monacos for sale and when you look closely the black coating has scratched or worn , not sure if they were DLC though?

Hmmm, could look great but I’m not sure. Guessing it will be DLC coating ? How does that stand up over time? I’ve seen a few older black Monacos for sale and when you look closely the black coating has scratched or worn , not sure if they were DLC though?

Modern DLC coating is a lot more durable than vintage PVD. Completely different process from what was done on the original Monza and Monaco Dark Lord in the 70s.

Modern DLC coating is a lot more durable than vintage PVD. Completely different process from what was done on the original Monza and Monaco Dark Lord in the 70s.

That’s good to know. ;)

That’s good to know. ;)
Don't be fooled by the extremely misleading name though. The coating aint nothing like diamond. If you plan to wear the watch regularily it will eventually scratch. Some people like the look when it gets more worn, just good to be aware it will eventually wear off if you don't baby the watch.

IMG_2988.jpeg

Don't be fooled by the extremely misleading name though. The coating aint nothing like diamond. If you plan to wear the watch regularily it will eventually scratch. Some people like the look when it gets more worn, just good to be aware it will eventually wear off if you don't baby the watch.

IMG_2988.jpeg

@Jim Dollares , thanks for the info and photo, much appreciated. TBH that sort of wear would drive me nuts, personally I think I’d be best avoiding DLC. Always helpful to get an honest opinion from someone with personal experience :cool: