2023 Carrera Chronotempus Edition

But basically, no chance. Cos we know damn well what it is.

Congratulations King @Hubert & sir @Jemagloh !! Probably the BEST LOOKING 42mm Carrera for my taste :thumbsup:

This Chonotempus42mm Carrera reminds me really of the JH80/JH81 Carreras TBH. So if you are a fan of those, you can easily gravitate to the CC ;)

Congratulations King @Hubert & sir @Jemagloh !! Probably the BEST LOOKING 42mm Carrera for my taste :thumbsup:

This Chonotempus42mm Carrera reminds me really of the JH80/JH81 Carreras TBH. So if you are a fan of those, you can easily gravitate to the CC ;)

Thanks, @kappa_md. I agree with you, and that is one of the reasons it spoke to me. :)

Thanks; it's truly a special LE.

I had no idea about this watch until a buddy of mine told me about it in November, I thought I missed out. I had added my name to the waiting list and was sent the email that YG_Rulz posted. I referred a couple of other friends, and they were also able to purchase. CronotempVs was fantastic to deal with. Very responsive, shipped quick, and I’ve kept in touch with them. One interesting piece of info when asking them about the design was they were initially going to go blue. There was a miscommunication with the design teams, and when they saw this dial, they felt it reminded them of a fresh tarmac on a racetrack and went with it. So he clarified, it wasn’t so much a reissue of the 1153b, but more of an inspiration.
I posted my review of it that I’ll link here. I asked him if more were available, and they are. They are looking to avoid flippers, they want these on the wrists of actual enthusiasts and are selling them one by one. If interested, put your name on the waiting list on the site, and as of now you can get one. I also ordered the Monaco strap part number FC6550. Took a couple months, but my Boutique received it for me on Thursday. It looks fantastic!
Here’s the review and some photos on the Monaco and Chocolate straps and a side by side with the 1153b.

With @DougFNJ, I think there at least four members of the forum that have this one. :)

I agree that CronotempVs were excellent throughout the process. Very responsive and helpful.

One interesting piece of info when asking them about the design was they were initially going to go blue. There was a miscommunication with the design teams, and when they saw this dial, they felt it reminded them of a fresh tarmac on a racetrack and went with it. So he clarified, it wasn’t so much a reissue of the 1153b, but more of an inspiration.

Thanks for sharing that detail. I had wondered why they went with grey over blue (either would have looked good to me, and I am happy with the grey with orange accents).

I had no idea about this watch until a buddy of mine told me about it in November, I thought I missed out. I had added my name to the waiting list and was sent the email that YG_Rulz posted. I referred a couple of other friends, and they were also able to purchase. CronotempVs was fantastic to deal with. Very responsive, shipped quick, and I’ve kept in touch with them. One interesting piece of info when asking them about the design was they were initially going to go blue. There was a miscommunication with the design teams, and when they saw this dial, they felt it reminded them of a fresh tarmac on a racetrack and went with it. So he clarified, it wasn’t so much a reissue of the 1153b, but more of an inspiration.
I posted my review of it that I’ll link here. I asked him if more were available, and they are. They are looking to avoid flippers, they want these on the wrists of actual enthusiasts and are selling them one by one. If interested, put your name on the waiting list on the site, and as of now you can get one. I also ordered the Monaco strap part number FC6550. Took a couple months, but my Boutique received it for me on Thursday. It looks fantastic!
Here’s the review and some photos on the Monaco and Chocolate straps and a side by side with the 1153b.

Quite interesting, I always wondered why it wasn't blue.

What's also surprising is that these very handsome watches are still available. Since it was announced last summer, limited to only 74, and the price is quite reasonable. Compared to the Bamford x Rowing Blazers Carrera, which is also a Yachting themed reference, limited to 99, and sold out very quickly with a price almost double that of the CC's! Go figure?! :confused:

Quite interesting, I always wondered why it wasn't blue.

What's also surprising is that these very handsome watches are still available. Since it was announced last summer, limited to only 74, and the price is quite reasonable. Compared to the Bamford x Rowing Blazers Carrera, which is also a Yachting themed reference, limited to 99, and sold out very quickly with a price almost double that of the CC's! Go figure?! :confused:

The presale did sell out immediately, but when it was ready to ship, they had issues with some transactions that were credit card fraud, and flippers trying to buy multiple to resell, so some freed up.

CronotempVs isn’t mainstream, and they have so far been the only ones that announced it which was kind of quiet. Tag still hasn’t announced it either so the ones that find it and purchase now will be lucky. When I bought mine, there were so few sources I was able to find more info about it.

… I also ordered the Monaco strap part number FC6550. Took a couple months, but my Boutique received it for me on Thursday. It looks fantastic!
It looks even better on that FC6550 strap ::love:: Congrats! :thumbsup:

IMG_7335.jpeg

It looks even better on that FC6550 strap ::love:: Congrats! :thumbsup:

IMG_7335.jpeg

Totally does. 1 heads up, the strap is tapered from 22 at the lug to 18 at the buckle, so the buckle that came with the original rally straps won't work. That taper does make it more comfortable though.

Nice video Doug, I saw it earlier when you posted on the FB group. Good catch on the anthracite dial too.

Totally does. 1 heads up, the strap is tapered from 22 at the lug to 18 at the buckle, so the buckle that came with the original rally straps won't work. That taper does make it more comfortable though.
Oh, did the CC come with a 20mm clasp? Somehow I prefer the taper in the 22/18 mm straps - just seems normal

Nice video Doug, I saw it earlier when you posted on the FB group. Good catch on the anthracite dial too.

Oh, did the CC come with a 20mm clasp? Somehow I prefer the taper in the 22/18 mm straps - just seems normal

Thank you very much, I appreciate that. On the clasp, yes, I got the black perforated straps that came with the watch and the chocolate from CC, both 20mm clasp. It's not bad, but the 18 is more comfortable on the wrist.

Love CC one, makes me miss my WoS Ed.

Kte2BIk.jpg

Xf0hcOs.jpg

Agree a taper strap would suit the watch much better.

@DougFNJ think we spoke on WatchCrunch not long ago. Welcome and great watch

Love CC one, makes me miss my WoS Ed.

Kte2BIk.jpg

Xf0hcOs.jpg

Agree a taper strap would suit the watch much better.

@DougFNJ think we spoke on WatchCrunch not long ago. Welcome and great watch

Man, that looks amazing!! Hate when we regret the sales, the ones that got away. Yes, lol we are all over the place.

Just out of curiosity, how much did the watch cost? The website says € 5,250 (excl. VAT), so I suppose the folks in EU must've paid the respective VAT and other folks would've paid their local import taxes?

Just out of curiosity, how much did the watch cost? The website says € 5,250 (excl. VAT), so I suppose the folks in EU must've paid the respective VAT and other folks would've paid their local import taxes?

I paid $5908.76 USD. That was for the watch and the chocolate strap they sold extra. I also got a bill from Fed Ex for around $70 for duty.

I paid $5908.76 USD. That was for the watch and the chocolate strap they sold extra. I also got a bill from Fed Ex for around $70 for duty.
That's very reasonable, compared to similar Carrera Elegant LEs. And a downright bargain when compared to the Rowing Blazers!