2023 Carrera Chronotempus Edition

Same feeling here. Very nice piece that’s way better than the glassbox pieces, for my taste at least.

I really like the look of this one (would love it if it didn't have the seconds "subdial." But nice nod to the 1153 ( r, more technically the 7853 N).

Thanks guys (@Mspeedster, @Albert-AMG, @bpsmith, and @Anthony.R)! They've really been releasing some strong Carrera 42 mm (formerly Elegants) the last 12 months. One of the things that this one has, that I would like to see on future releases, is the tachymetre scale on the tension ring. I also like that it contrasts with the dial. Very pleased with this one, and I must say, the folks at CronotempVs were helpful throughout the entire process and very responsive.

Thanks guys (@Mspeedster, @Albert-AMG, @bpsmith, and @Anthony.R)! They've really been releasing some strong Carrera 42 mm (formerly Elegants) the last 12 months. One of the things that this one has, that I would like to see on future releases, is the tachymetre scale on the tension ring. I also like that it contrasts with the dial. Very pleased with this one, and I must say, the folks at CronotempVs were helpful throughout the entire process and very responsive.
Agree about the Tachy scale on the tension ring, it's a very nice touch! I love the color contrast. :thumbsup:
You mentioned a brown strap earlier, is that coming separately? Because the strap looks more like black in your pic or is it just a really dark brown?

You are correct, @Mspeedster. The strap is a black rally strap.

CronotempVs also sold a separate chocolate strap by TAG Heuer for this model. It was delayed, and CronotempVs didn’t want to delay delivery of the Carrera CC so they shipped it immediately. The other strap should be here in a week or two. It’s just a solid leather strap (not rally).

I had an idea today. I need to check lug widths between this and the heritage Heuer 300 SLR (Calibre 1887), because if it works, that strap could look great with this IMO.

I had an idea today. I need to check lug widths between this and the heritage Heuer 300 SLR (Calibre 1887), because if it works, that strap could look great with this IMO.
That would be a killer look! But if I'm not mistaken, I think the 300 SLR has a 20mm lug width. @Albert-AMG could confirm.

Anyone know the 42 mm (Elegant) lug width? It would be helpful if TAG Heuer listed on their website. :cautious:

Anyone know the 42 mm (Elegant) lug width? It would be helpful if TAG Heuer listed on their website. :cautious:
22mm

This might go great with the strap from the new CAW211AC Monaco. If I'm not mistaken that is a 22mm too.
FC6550
upload_2023-11-1_21-35-21.png

Yes, I can confirm that the 22mm Monaco straps fit perfectly on the Carrera Elegant.

Wow, thanks guys. I didn’t realize the 42mm Carreras had a lug width of 22. Well scratch the 300 SLR’s strap.

Time to contact @plibou!

I had two epiphanies in the last hour.

First, shorter lugs = wider lug width.

Second, of course @Mspeedster knows the lug widths given his strap options for the Ikuzawa.:D

That would be a killer look! But if I'm not mistaken, I think the 300 SLR has a 20mm lug width. @Albert-AMG could confirm.
Yes, I can confirm the 300 SLR has a 20mm lug width :thumbsup: