Forums Latest Members

2022 TAG Heuer Connected (E4) - Discussions Thread

1. cassis

cassis Feb 14, 2022

I am thinking anyone who bought the watch in the last 30 days will return it to either bu the new one or buy again the Gen 3 at a discounted price...

Akineton likes this.
  2. Rebnats

Rebnats Feb 14, 2022

I am thinking hard on Generation 3 , ceramic blue at the discounted prices, providing it works well with my Iphone13 pro.

3. cassis

cassis Feb 15, 2022

It does work well with iPhone. I believe you have to make sure that the Wear OS app is always opened on your iPhone (meaning do not swipe up and close the app). But, I also remember Albert mentionning that was not 100% required and that phone connexion for notification was maintained by Bluetooth even with the app closed (to be reconfirmed).

Rebnats likes this.
  4. Iñaki

Iñaki Feb 15, 2022

My Gen3 since April 2020 works fine with my iPhone X first and after with iPhone 12 Pro Max

Rebnats likes this.
  5. cassis

cassis Feb 15, 2022

Like on Gen 3.

6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 15, 2022

My Connected E3 is practically new, due to the pandemic and constantly working form home. Besides, I am still not sold on the new design. I'd like to see it in the metal, before I make a final call.

7. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 16, 2022

If you want to collect all TH Connected generations, you could buy Gen4 45 black titanium version to be more different than your Gen3 ;)… although Gen4 is a completely new watch, it looks really similar to Gen3 when both are steel versions

BMW Works likes this.
  8. neowatch

neowatch Feb 16, 2022

So on the trade in scheme they want 1500 euros plus your old E3 watch, that seems a lot to upgrade to me. Plus that is for the cheapest 45mm version

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  9. Albert-AMG

The trade in program is a joke :whipped:
    Anyone can sell their watch, regardless of the generation, for much more money than what they offer in that program.

The only good exchange offers are when trying to repair a broken watch, and since they can't/don’t know/don’t want to repair it, they usually offer very good conditions to exchange it for a current version, or for a mechanical module in the case of Gen2

BMW Works, Akineton and neowatch like this.
  10. neowatch

neowatch Feb 16, 2022

Do you think if you send in any old broken connected you will get such a deal ? I did hear about someone being offered a mechanical gen 2 cal16 head exchanged free. That head is worth more than the broken watch

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  11. Albert-AMG

This is what they pay through the Connected watch Trade-In program for your used Connected in exchange:
    5306B9AA-5799-4BDC-B564-55E273A6BABE.jpeg
    :D :D :D :D :whipped:

Akineton and Jim Dollares like this.
  12. Albert-AMG

That head is worth much more than the brand new watch! Yes that deal is incredibly good… maybe only for customers of the shop where the broken watch was sold, and only in very few cases

BMW Works and Anthony.R like this.
  13. Akineton

Akineton Feb 16, 2022

I see... I take it that by the 'new design' you mean the E4 45? (Since you have the E3)
    In my case, I have the E2 41 (2 of them, that much I like it), passed the E3 due to its lack of 41-42, and now I'm on the fence regarding the new design of the E4 -- but in my case, I'm referring to the 42 of course, which is *really* different.

In fact, I hear and somewhat understand those here who compare the E4 42 with the Huaweis -- exquisite engineering from China. Since I'm one of those who understand paying a premium for heritage, tradition (distinction?), the unavoidable comparison irks (On that note, any info regarding the possibility that Huawei was commissioned to build the E4?).

But as you say, I'll decide when I try it in the flesh/metal -- the 42, that is.

Anthony.R likes this.
  14. cassis

cassis Feb 16, 2022

@Akineton
    You can feel safe, there is no way Tag Heuer subcontracted Huawei to build the 42mm E4, no way !
    When I showed the Huawei GT3 picture, I just meant that the overall design was close but for sure, the finishes, material quality and feel must be much better on the Tag. I also meant that the design of the 45mm, like it was on the Gen 3, was closest to a traditional luxury watch.
    At the end, let's not forget it is a company like Huawei that is mimicking the Swiss watches design, not the opposite ;-)

Akineton likes this.
  15. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 16, 2022

I have the E1, E2 and E3. Here's my original review of the 46mm vs 45mm Modular.

I am somewhat curious about the E4 42mm, but I am a bit concerned about the smaller display size. I want to compare all three (E3 vs E4s)

eagleeyes78, Akineton, dtf and 2 others like this.
  16. gmetrail

gmetrail Feb 16, 2022

Regarding the trade-in, I called them today and they seem to indicate that you can get the full trade-in value for the module only. That means I can keep my lugs and staps for the E2 41mm mechanical module, and just send back the E2 41mm module that is showing its age and that is no where close a full day of battery anyway.

SD Surfer and dtf like this.
  17. Scratchy

Scratchy Feb 16, 2022

Huawei is not involved. I can PM you later the name of the (chinese) company in charge of designing and building it however.

Akineton likes this.
  18. neowatch

neowatch Feb 16, 2022

Yes this is true, just the electronic head needs to be exchanged. Even if it’s not working. They will recycle the parts so it does not matter to them if it works or not.

19. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Feb 16, 2022

Some basic info.
    Factory and where it was made.
    76048AD8-605E-463A-8703-7B41D09EBF58.png

Akineton likes this.
  20. ANYOLDG

ANYOLDG Feb 17, 2022

Hi! I have found one reference to say the guided workouts will come to the Gen 3 as well, anyone seen anything official on that? Hoping the Gen 4 watch faces largely pass down to the 3 as well. Like others, gutted i didnt order more straps before last week!