Forums Latest Members

2022 TAG Heuer Connected (E4) - Discussions Thread

1. AndySix

AndySix Feb 11, 2022

The live announcement video just released:

Anthony.R likes this.
  2. cwsbbb

cwsbbb Feb 11, 2022

This seems like it should be part of its basic functionality!

3. riseagainst

riseagainst Feb 11, 2022

That's what she said.

Hubert, AndySix, Yago and 3 others like this.
  4. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 11, 2022

:D When 3mm are so important

BMW Works, AndySix and riseagainst like this.
  5. cassis

cassis Feb 12, 2022

Ordered the 45mm with black rubber band. Couldn’t imagine letting my brand new never used lemon green silicon band staying alone in the drawer ;)….oh gosh i’m crazy !

Iñaki, Akineton and Anthony.R like this.
  6. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Feb 12, 2022

Congrats....

cassis likes this.
  7. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 12, 2022

Gen3 chinese ambient light sensor doesn’t work well either (dim mode too dark), and some Gen3 owners reported problems running WatchMaker faces that Gen1 and Gen2 were running fine… about battery, there are very different opinions depending on the Gen3 owner, so there is no consistency there… is it a quality (or quality control) issue with very different battery performance depending on each particular unit?
    Some Gen3 owners who complained of poor battery life sent the watch back under warranty for service, received a brand new watch in return, and usually that second watch (sometimes a third one had to wait) already offered normal battery life. So in theory, when you get a good Gen3 unit, the battery has a correct duration… the problem is the high percentage of bad batteries, and that it is almost a lottery that you get a good Gen3. Hopefully the quality control and the percentage of good batteries will improve with the Gen4! ::popcorn::

Totally agree :thumbsup:

Anthony.R and JorgeZ like this.
  8. JorgeZ

JorgeZ Feb 12, 2022

Still very very happy with my 41mm 2nd gen. I hope it lasts long , I Won’t change it for any new china gen3 or 4.
    Now I am looking for the mechanical Carrera 5 in 41mm but I dont find it in Spain ;(

Akineton and Albert-AMG like this.
  9. El Matarife

El Matarife Feb 12, 2022

As mentioned, the Gen3 straps and clasps seem to be removed from the TAG website. Availability from 3rd parties seems really poor right now too. I wonder if they're gone for good already?

10. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Feb 12, 2022

Wouldn't be surprised as the new straps are compatible with the Gen 3. Makes sense for Tag to remove cheaper options and force people to buy new straps that are more expensive for Gen 3 and 4.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 12, 2022

The waiting game begins; looking forward to reading your impressions and seeing your photos. I am still undecided. I have the first three prior generations and this is the first time the new one kept me on the fences. We'll see.

cassis likes this.
  12. cassis

cassis Feb 13, 2022

The thing is I received the Gen 3 in December but when a salesguy in a TH authorized dealer told me that he knew a new version was coming in 2 sizes, i thought it was reasonable to send the watch back to the latest tech (4100+ and BT 5…).
    The fact that the Gen 4 design is very close to Gen 3 with still a few improvements on buttons ergonomics, display brightness and a new heart rate sensor is perfect for me as I liked Gen 3 design.

... and I just sent back the Garmin Epix that I received Friday. Nice watch and kinda of like it… but I doubt it's worth having 2 connected watched and switching from one to another...

Edited Feb 13, 2022
    Hubert likes this.
  13. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 13, 2022

The problem is that it did affect the quality of the product… :unsure:

Yes, of course it is possible to manufacture with high quality in China, but then it’s no longer so economical, and also the quality is much more difficult to control than when the product is manufactured in the brand headquarters by their own employees, as was the case with Gen2 Modular. It is clear that the first experience of TAG Heuer manufacturing in China has not been good, since the percentage of Gen3 with defects that have been replaced (not repaired) under warranty, has been higher than normal... I guess that the profit margin for each Chinese watch sold can support that, but not the brand image. They were rookies manufacturing in China, and they have paid for it… hopefully they have learned from that first experience, and therefore quality control with Gen4 will be -fingers crossed- much better :thumbsup:

BMW Works and cassis like this.
  14. Akineton

Akineton Feb 13, 2022

Interesting. I'm not sold yet on this one either.
    Would you mind sharing why that is so in your case?

15. El Matarife

El Matarife Feb 13, 2022

Yeah, what a bummer. Was looking at some connected accessories just the other week. Wish I'd bought them. Or at least wish I'd written down the parts numbers...!

16. Albert-AMG

Maybe this offer at Steffans UK (ending tomorrow) , could interest you:

https://steffans.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=connected

24F3C949-4B43-40D0-B87F-744490DA8165.jpeg

El Matarife likes this.
  17. cassis

cassis Feb 13, 2022

They said Gen 4 starps are compatible with Gen 3.... But are Gen 3 straps compatible with Gen 4 ?

18. Albert-AMG

I think so, lugs and case look identical in both watches, so they should be interchangeable for both generations.

That may also be the reason why the (much cheaper) Gen3 straps have been withdrawn so quickly, otherwise many Gen4 users would buy Gen3 straps. In this way they are forced to buy the Gen4 straps, which are much more expensive… although Gen3 owners are also left without a good feature that their watch had: a very reasonable price for their straps :unsure:

BMW Works and cassis like this.
  19. cassis

cassis Feb 13, 2022

Thanks. So at least my Lemon green band will fit the Gen 4.... That's the first good news ;)

Albert-AMG likes this.
  20. BMW Works

BMW Works Feb 13, 2022

So my friends. I hope my post will not kick me out from this wonderful community.
    I waited few years and hoped Tag will come out with a better CM45 like smartwatch instead of this we only got 2 iterations of wannabe Tag watches. When 2020 version was launched I said myself.. Ok.. I hope Tag will watch how many people miss the Modular concept and the next one will be perfect. And.... 2 years later this... Bla bla Shenzhen is launched. I can say o ly this.. I ll skip it and I ll begin to search a Chronograph mechanical head for my cm45 just to connect it to eternity. Meanwhile I bought several smartwatches from Huawei.. All the top ones new and 2 older ones. Like gt2 Pro. And their subsidiar brand Honor Gs pro. In conclusion.. I can say I am impressed of the honor Gs pro rugged design.. Use it almost daily for sports and belive me or not its awesome. 25 days battery life with all Health sensor activated
    . Continuously checking my spo2. Stress level and heart rate.. I simply cannot belive how they done it.
    Same goes for the gt2 pro.. Just this has Saphire glass titanium body and ceramic back.. And looks a bit more elegant.
    They cost nothing..
    I won't buy Tag smartwatches and its not a money issue at all... I simply când buy a branding without a product that levels the name.
    I parked my CM45 with 80% battery in its nice case and wear it only in special occasions to preserve it how long I can.
    As for the Honor Gs pro.. Or Huawei GT2 pro You should try it and see how nice it is.. Screen. And all. I am speachless.
    I really hoped to write this words for a Tag watch but I can't.

Screenshot_20220213-204247_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220213-204251_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220213-204255_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220213-204259_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220213-204309_Gallery.jpg
    VRman and Albert-AMG like this.