2022 TAG Heuer Connected (E4) - Discussions Thread

Hi Forum,
I'm thinking of buying an E4.
Is Google assistant now working? And how's the battery life with AOD?

Thanks for your replies
Battery on E4 is no problem.
No google Assistant on Wear 3
And if you use IPhone you will miss a few features like Google Pay and wallet.

i have the E4 42 and have consistently 40-50% power left after wearing it all day. Battery life seems to have improved slightly with WearOS 3 (subjective impression). I use it with an iPhone and have the screen always on, I mainly use the Tag watch faces, I am tracking my activity and get lots of notifications. I almost never use the GPS, and have disabled to tilt-to-wake gesture - from previous tests, this was impacting my battery by 5-10%

Hi Forum,
I'm thinking of buying an E4.

Thanks for your replies
I have the golf edition and the battery life is very good. So far today it has been off the charger for 15 hours including 4 hours on the golf function using gps and I have 43% battery available.

Hi All,
I am thinking about getting an E4 42, I have an iPhone and would like to get my workouts and steps into apple health. I notice the workouts will link but not the steps, has anyone solved this ?

Hi All,
I am thinking about getting an E4 42, I have an iPhone and would like to get my workouts and steps into apple health. I notice the workouts will link but not the steps, has anyone solved this ?
I have an open ticket with TH to see if possible.

I have an open ticket with TH to see if possible.

Has it been open long or does it look like a lost cause ?
I had an idea of using Strava, it talks to both the Tag app and Apple Health, maybe you could ask them?

They have looking at for a week. Typical recommendations: uninstall/reinstall app, check settings, update watch apps, unpair/repair watch…
My conclusion is the TH Connect is not designed to send step data. The service consultant isn’t knowledgeable about the capabilities of the app. I’ll send him screenshots today. I don’t think he could add much to Stava capability.

I also thought about Strava, however it looks comparable with Wear OS 2, but not sure about TH Connect.

From Tag today:
"I've asked Switzerland to review you account to confirm if there any issue on the back side of system. Please allow 24-48 hours for confirmation."

Is it true that even with OS3 still no Google Assistant neither possible to accept incoming calls?
What about replying to Whatsapp, SMS ..?

From Tag today:
"I've asked Switzerland to review you account to confirm if there any issue on the back side of system. Please allow 24-48 hours for confirmation."

Any feedback from TH yet ?

Any feedback from TH yet ?
From TG:
Thank you for your patience. Switzerland has confirmed that TAG Heuer Wellness cannot be synced with Apple Health. We can synch TAG Heuer Sports with Apple Health using the Connected app > Settings > Third party app, but only sports session will be displayed. However, we are working on the sync of the steps with Apple Health, it will come in the coming months, but now it's not available.

You can use the Wellness tab on your Connected app to get the history of your steps, calories, HR and active time in the meantime, but it will only give the data collected from the watch.

From TG:
Thank you for your patience. Switzerland has confirmed that TAG Heuer Wellness cannot be synced with Apple Health. We can synch TAG Heuer Sports with Apple Health using the Connected app > Settings > Third party app, but only sports session will be displayed. However, we are working on the sync of the steps with Apple Health, it will come in the coming months, but now it's not available.

You can use the Wellness tab on your Connected app to get the history of your steps, calories, HR and active time in the meantime, but it will only give the data collected from the watch.

Thanks for the update, it looks like they might offer it down the track which is good news

Looks like the Tag designed complications are assuming that because I selected English US as a language, I want Farenheit as a temperature this was a problem a long time ago on WearOS, but has been fixed.

Also, looks like Tag complications don't know about UTC as a timezones, which WearOS does.

As a follow-up to my previous comment, I have not been able to figure out a way to have the screen turn off while charging, except by turning off the Always On feature. The brightness setting at night is also not controllable from what I can see and very strong in a dark room.

Battery life so far seems improved vs my previous 41mm, but it will take a few more days of playing around to confirm.

All in all, I am very happy with the E4 42mm... A significant improvement over the E2 41mm. Can't wait for WearOS 3 and for the Tag software updates that will fix (hopefully) a few initial issues and missing watch faces.

Here are a few more pictures of the 42mm.

Use bedtime mode to turn off the screen while charging.

I am thinking of getting a steel E4 42, the two samples I have seen, one on the TG dealer and another on a friend.
Both watches cases looked a little tired with a number of small scratches particularly where the case meets the glass and also quite dirty around the lugs.
I am wondering if this is a hard watch to keep looking good?
I also found it a little hard to see on a sunny day with the brightness on full has anyone found the same?

I am thinking of getting a steel E4 42, the two samples I have seen, one on the TG dealer and another on a friend.
Both watches cases looked a little tired with a number of small scratches particularly where the case meets the glass and also quite dirty around the lugs.
I am wondering if this is a hard watch to keep looking good?
I also found it a little hard to see on a sunny day with the brightness on full has anyone found the same?
It's a normal stainless steel or titanium watch, so it has the same scratch resistance as any other watch built with these materials. Mine looks pristine after almost ten months, with no scratches, but I'm a very careful user. Nevertheless, there is nothing specific to this watch that would make it less resistant than any other stainless steel/titanium watch. If your friend bangs their watch carelessly around hard surfaces, the watch can get scratched, but it would be the same even with a mechanical Carrera that costs three times more. Why the dealer had such a bad sample on display I have no clue.
The screen visibility is also on par with the competition.
Edited:

It's a normal stainless steel or titanium watch, so it has the same scratch resistance as any other watch built with these materials. Mine looks pristine after almost ten months, with no scratches, but I'm a very careful user. Nevertheless, there is nothing specific to this watch that would make it less resistant than any other stainless steel/titanium watch. If your friend bangs their watch carelessly around hard surfaces, the watch can get scratched, but it would be the same even with a mechanical Carrera that costs three times more. Why the dealer had such a bad sample on display I have no clue.
The screen visibility is also on par with the competition.

Thanks for the detailed response

Hi All,
Does anyone know why my watch face doesn't go monochrome as the app shows?
1st image shows how it should look like. 2nd image shows how it is in am ient mode on my watch.
Thanks in advance

Hey guys I have an E2 41mm and I'm very happy with it, however I'm also thinking of buying a used E4 42mm... does anyone have any regrets about buying this new model?