Forums Latest Members

2022 TAG Heuer Connected (E4) - Discussions Thread

1. Joseph Grather

Joseph Grather Mar 20, 2023

thanks, “google wear os”

watch works and is connected to TH APP, but i have the golf version, and the golf tracking only worked through google wear os

2. TimO

TimO Mar 20, 2023

I have the golf version as well. I downloaded the golf application to the watch from the play store and have the TH golf application on my phone. Everything works fine.

3. Joseph Grather

excellent…golf season opens here in two weeks!

4. TimO

TimO Mar 20, 2023

I live in Texas, we play year round!

5. Feanor

Feanor Mar 20, 2023

It's interesting how Wear OS was first to offer essentials like always-on-display, downloadable watchfaces, cellular connectivity, but still Apple Watch is considered the default smartwatch, despite adopting such features much later. Wear OS 1 and 2 even brought to the table useful features, like gestures to operate the watch single-handed and customizable buttons, only to retract them in Wear OS 3, because the market didn't pay attention to anything that Apple Watch didn't popularize. Still, a watch is a statement apart from a device and in this the TAG Heuer Connected outshines the Apple Watch in a way that Android phones cannot do to the iPhone.

6. Joseph Grather

i was hoping to get in a round for my first trip to the lone star state… first weekend of February in austin….ice 49496A28-8898-4C86-931C-2864262CB77D.jpeg

7. Scott Schroeder

Scott Schroeder Mar 26, 2023

Just installed 3.0 and I cannot add a credit card to Google Wallet. I hit the + and the app just spins and nothing opens. Anyone?
    Thanks

8. Brent Woolgar

Brent Woolgar Mar 26, 2023

Hi Scott - assume you are using an iphone - wear os3 does not support google wallet / pay and there does not seem to be a clear indication of if/when it might come back. Same for google assistant.

9. neowatch

neowatch Mar 26, 2023

Hi. Basically don’t upgrade to OS 3 if you have an iPhone. Contactless paying using my watch is one of the most used and useful things I use my watch for.

Colin Jamieson likes this.
  10. Scott Schroeder

Scott Schroeder Mar 27, 2023

Well crap, I did the update can you downgrade back? Never heard of an update removing key features

Colin Jamieson likes this.
  11. Colin Jamieson

Colin Jamieson Mar 27, 2023

12. Feanor

Feanor Mar 28, 2023

Unfortunately, despite the fact that our Connected watches are expensive, luxury products, TAG Heuer smartwatch business is probably a very low priority for Google's strategy, so such hiccups happen very often with TAG Heuer Connected software. E.g with the new update the E4s have no Assistant and even worse support for iPhone, but the models stuck on Wear OS 2 have also to deal with unsupported apps and old security status. The best way is to go with an Android phone. I find my Pixel 7 Pro and amazing phone, with excellent camera, simple and logical software and incredible haptics. Actually much better in many areas than my iPad with latest iPad OS. And I can enjoy my TAG Heuer in its full capacity.

13. Cybertronic

Cybertronic Mar 28, 2023

What is everyone's WearOS version? I'm on 3.2. Is 3.5 supposed to be the one that's released any day now?

14. Feanor

Feanor Mar 28, 2023

Also 3.2 here. I actually think that 3.2 is the latest version available for watches with Qualcomm Snapdragon 4100+ SoC. The 3.5 version is reserved for the Google Pixel Watch and the Samsung Galaxy watches that run on Samsung chip. I don't know whether there is a plan to release 3.5 for the Snapdragon crowd, but I have also a Pixel Watch running 3.5 and the differences are insignificant (and probably specific to the Pixel Watch). There are no additional features exclusive to version 3.5.

15. Feanor

Feanor Apr 19, 2023

New, watch faces Mirage, Heuer 02T and Prism. Amazing detailed and bold designs. Even the digital complications adapt their colours to the style of the watch face.

Screenshot_20230419-224913.png Screenshot_20230419-224850.png Screenshot_20230419-224822.png
  16. gmetrail

gmetrail Apr 23, 2023

For those with WearOS 3 with an iPhone, I have two calendar related questions:

do you have a solution to only have some of the Apple Calendar calendars show on the watch? I subscribe to quite a few calendars to have the information handy when I need it, but I don’t want these in my watch agenda/ don’t want notifications.

On the subject of calendars, I am not getting notifications from Google Calendar. I do get them on the phone, but Google Calendar is not showing in the list in the Tag Heuer app.

Thanks.

Gérard

17. robydiamond

robydiamond Apr 27, 2023

hi all i have a question; I am a new owner of a TAG Connected e4 42 mm as of today and I bought it used from a dear friend; I noticed, in direct sunlight, a low brightness of the display at the limit of visibility. I tried to adjust the level manually and also to leave the adjustment in automatic but it is always too weak. Is the brightness that low? Thank you!

18. Joseph Grather

Joseph Grather May 18, 2023

i charged my watch, then turned it off for travel, arrived at destination and watch wont wake up…. dont have charger here…..any ideas?

19. Joseph Grather

Joseph Grather May 19, 2023

never woke up using crown.
    jump started no problem on charger

20. Tognola luca

Tognola luca Jun 6, 2023

Hi Forum,
    I'm thinking of buying an E4.
    Is Google assistant now working? And how's the battery life with AOD?

Thanks for your replies