Forums Latest Members

2020 TAG Heuer Connected (E3) - Discussions Thread

1. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Mar 13, 2020

Don't get the falster. Had it, looks cheap because it's so minimally designed. 1000 and get the montblanc summit 2. The LTE model has a speaker. Has everything, if not more than the TAG. The new TAG looks a little bit better on the wrist but not by much.
    The Garmin Marq line has watch bands that hug the case, titanium, and look super premium.

Akineton likes this.
  2. Feanor

Feanor Mar 13, 2020

It's a matter of taste; the Montblanc is not for me because I don't like its classical, dressy style for a smartwatch. I like smartwatches to have a contemporary or futuristic style.
    The Garmin Marq seems to me like a TAG Heuer that went overboard. It's quite close to what I would consider my style, however it's for me slightly tacky. To be honest the TAG Heuer Connected 3 is still the one closest to my taste, but I think my Connected Modular 45 is better in many ways.

Renat1992, BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  3. EmJay

EmJay Mar 13, 2020

For the office Gen 3 is fab. Just exactly what I've been looking for. The brand matters too which was the main concern about Garmin for me with its dodgy satnavs and stuff.

4. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Mar 13, 2020

[​IMG]

mdh518, Hubert, Iñaki and 1 other person like this.
  5. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Mar 13, 2020

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mdh518, Renat1992, Albert-AMG and 2 others like this.
  6. EmJay

EmJay Mar 13, 2020

"We realised that people were changing straps a lot more than lugs and really interested in the watch face part," says Jade Ferreol, product manager for TAG Heuer Connected. "For each of the straps that we have, our designers spent a lot of time making sure that everything we’re doing on the digital and watch face side is really matching what we have there."

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/tag-heuer-connected-2020

7. Feanor

Feanor Mar 13, 2020

Oh man... I don't know. It's a beautiful piece of design, but still... I discover more and more things that I think they look better on my Modular 45; e.g. The polished steel is for me not as expensive looking as the satin titanium of the Modular 45. I really wish I had the tech of the Connected 3 in a module for the Connected 2.
    I guess, when the coronavirus pandemic subsides, I'll be allowed to travel to nearest TAG Heuer shop (there's none in my country) and have a look in a shop and decide on the spot.

BMW Works and Albert-AMG like this.
  8. BMW Works

BMW Works Mar 13, 2020

I would pay double to have a CM45 with 3rd gen tech.
    From yesterday i am praising my watch more and know i must be more careful until now because if it gets damaged i will be forced to buy the 3rd and i will look at it every day and miss the old one.
    I do not know if someone feels asame but i like the cm45 design alot and now its more than alot.

9. BMW Works

BMW Works Mar 13, 2020

Maybe people will consider me a hater.. but its just my humble opinion.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  10. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Mar 13, 2020

i agree. the brushed titanium looked more high end for sure.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  11. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 13, 2020

I feel exactly the same (I’m more in love than ever with my CM45) after looking at these first non-studio pictures of Gen3, mainly the pictures on rubber straps that are not so well adapted to the case as the steel bracelet: Gen1 and Gen2 have more personality, more TAG Heuer connection because the design comes directly from the Carrera 45mm, and this Gen3 looks nice, but it could be made for any other brand, it’s much more impersonal...

Gen2 Modular has much better integration of the rubber straps:
    A4012AFC-60B0-4EFE-8390-B03BD0212815.jpeg B192D24C-10A1-4979-A991-6E303E45ABAD.jpeg

IMHO the Carrera 45mm -more sharp- design makes more sense for a smartwatch than the more classic and “soft” design of the Gen3, not so high-tech and sporty

Also Gen3 materials are not so high-end as in the Gen2, moving from titanium to steel in case, bracelet, and buckle, and there’s also the “China” vs “Swiss Made” romantic factor. For these reasons I don’t undertand the big price increase either... Mr. Biver, please come back! ;)

Edited Mar 13, 2020
  12. Ninja1400

Ninja1400 Mar 13, 2020

Well, I picked it up this morning at 11:00.
    12 hours later I cannot stop looking at it.
    One question to those who don’t like it: have you put it on your wrist?

The watch is awesome. Much sleeker, much sharper and brighter screen, much faster and polished software, side buttons beautiful and useful, great TH Sports app...
    There is nothing I like less than the Gen 2.

Don’t settle for what you see on a web page, go to a dealer, put it on and test it.
    Otherwise you don’t know what you are missing.

mdh518, dtf and EmJay like this.
  13. dtf

dtf Mar 13, 2020

That's funny, whenever I go into the office, I mostly see Garmin and apple watches and no-one cares about brands.

14. EmJay

EmJay Mar 13, 2020

What did you expect them to wear, rolex?

15. BMW Works

BMW Works Mar 13, 2020

Mmy
    Totally agree.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  16. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Mar 13, 2020

No question it looks good. But it's not a real TAG anymore. Loosing the tight fitting Carrera rubber, steel construction, and made in China. Fossil Corp could have made the exact same watch for 600$, and call it the Emporio Armani. Overall I do like the gen 3, but tag could have done better for the price.

17. dtf

dtf Mar 13, 2020

I used to see a lot of rolexs and some omegas, but over the last few years its very noticible how the rolexs have been swapped out for apples.

EmJay likes this.
  18. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 13, 2020

I like Gen3, but I like more the design and TH personality of the Gen2 Modular. To give my opinion about their differences in design, materials, price, and “place of birth” I don’t need to put Gen3 on my wrist ;)

Anyway, if I were rich enough to pay 2250€ for a smartwatch “not Connected to Eternity” (Gen1 and Gen2 Modular had exchange programs or mechanical modules to beat obsolescence), and it were possible to tether more than one smartwatch to my iPhone, then I would buy a black titanium case Gen3 :)

Edited Mar 13, 2020
  19. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 14, 2020

20. Ninja1400

Ninja1400 Mar 14, 2020

I disagree. It’s a real TAG more than ever, because it looks like a mechanical TAG watch.
    You don’t have to wear a bulky watch because it’s a smartwatch.

cassis likes this.