2020 TAG Heuer Connected (E3) - Discussions Thread

This "Connected to Eternity" concept was a dumb bag... Tag Heuer (post- Biver) understood that people looking for a more luxury smartwatch would be looking at a newer version as technology evolves (every 2 years or so...). Customers who are willing to boost a 2000$ on a TH smartwatch, don't really care being able to re-use their straps on a mechanical module and giving up on connectivity ! Once the connected module gets outdated, they would be looking at an updated one with Snapdragon 3100, end then 4100, 5100 etc.
Tag should have kept the same fixing system on the E3/E4 (even changing the watch design) so that the Connected to Eternity concept wouldn't die. Using a mechanical module means people are not "Connected" anymore sadly.
And if some of them are also fond of mechanical watches, they would carry other TH watches like you do ;-)
Totally untrue as far as I’m concerned. The tag Heuer connected E2 offered an unprecedented selection of straps buckles and lugs to design a watch combination as you like. The straps selection are amazing and look amazing on the mechanical heads also. The mechanical heads also offer good value. No other mechanical watch offers this selection.

Hi everyone Sorry, newbie here and just purchased a calibre e3 golf edition manged to set it up ok (I think), just a couple of questions,
Do I need both the wear OS and Tag Heuer connected apps on my phone?
When I charge the watch will it not sit on the charging disc supplied without removing the strap? I can’t seem to sit it on the disc with the strap connected
Edited: