Forums Latest Members

2020 TAG Heuer Connected (E3) - Discussions Thread

1. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 12, 2020

I’m also fine with my iPhone X made in China, but when we are talking about watches, the SWISS MADE factor is an added value. It was very celebrated and announced when Gen2 was launched with the SWISS MADE stamp (the first smartwatch with that stamp) vs the Swiss Enginereed Gen1... and now we have a CHINA Gen3 :unsure:... which at least should help to lower the price, but it’s the opposite, being quite more expensive than Gen2

Edited Mar 12, 2020
    Tag_Andy and BMW Works like this.
  2. Albert-AMG

For sure is rubber, otherwise it would have a very different price

3. dtf

dtf Mar 12, 2020

I would expect a China made, Android smart watch to be priced differently. Is the build quality more tag than Huawei?

4. Albert-AMG

EmJay and dtf like this.
  5. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Mar 12, 2020

It's such a shame what TAG has done here. Let me start off with saying I have owned every smartwatch made to date (all brands, for work purposes). This new watch looks super generic. The 46 and 45 were actually Amazing and well worth the costs. Even though the 46 was not modular, it still looked unique. I feel the modular idea was great, but probably very few people swapped out the lugs due to the high costs, and because of this a simple strap change took longer than every other quick change system.

The fact that this watch is more expensive, is a slap in the face. Not titanium, and made in China are two big issues. Even if you don't care where it is made, being Swiss made is worthy of a higher price tag. I used to think that the LV Tambour was the biggest price gouge. The tambour at least looks unique, and has many different band options, but the costs are rediculous for the same internals as a 200 fossil sport.

In my eyes there are only two luxury watches on the market today that are current. The Montblanc summit 2 ticks all the right boxes, and now has LTE, and the Garmin Marq line. The marq driver has been on my wrist since October, and I love it. While the LV, TAG and MB collect dust. If you can get over the low res screen, it is super quick to respond, amazing battery life of over a week, and looks SUPER premium. Kinda funny Garmin made a better looking watch than TAG.

I have ordered the new TAG , and it will be here tomorrow. I am no where near as hyped as I was for the other gens, and I have a feeling I will wear it for a few days and return it, but time will tell.

Tag_Andy, mdh518, BMW Works and 3 others like this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 12, 2020

That was my thought when I ordered it. However, I am beginning to think that when you order the straps, they won't come with the metal clasp, which is likely going to be a pricey extra.

7. Hubert

If you wear it, you might not be able to return it. If I were you, I'd check the return policy first.

8. Hubert

To me it looks like leather on top of rubber, but the page's description says rubber.
    "BLACK WITH A TOUCH OF RED RUBBER BAND"

9. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Mar 12, 2020

The watch looks really really good in my opinion!

Had a real good laugh when I saw higher price and made in China ::facepalm1::

EmJay, Renat1992 and Albert-AMG like this.
  10. jucarbon

jucarbon Mar 12, 2020

All additional straps comes with a new deployment buckle included.

Hubert likes this.
  11. riseagainst

riseagainst Mar 12, 2020

Does anybody know whether they will offer a titanium version without the black powdercoat look?

12. sailtx109

sailtx109 Mar 12, 2020

Additional bands will be available later in the year, June and September, they do have the clasps included and are slightly cheaper. From what I understand no mechanical versions in the pipeline but hopefully TH will reconsider.

Backwards capabilities was huge factor, but after seeing I pulled the trigger and preordered.

If anyone knows of where to buy the gen 2 45 module only please let me know. My button quite working.

Hubert likes this.
  13. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Mar 12, 2020

What would be the purpose of a mechanical version? There is nothing modular here.[/QUOTE]

Edited by a mod Mar 12, 2020
  14. snk11388

snk11388 Mar 12, 2020

No, Hubert. Straps are coming with the buckle included. Boutique guys were surprised at the pricing however.

Thanks.

Hubert likes this.
  15. sailtx109

sailtx109 Mar 12, 2020

You slap the mechanical version on the straps. The straps (with clasps) are interchangeable, no lugs are needed.

If TH were to do this I'd imagine the mechanical module would be more expensive since there isn't revenue from the lugs.

16. imagwai

imagwai Mar 12, 2020

I agree with this. Personally, I think the design is an improvement on previous generations that were too fussy, and also looked plasticky with those funny black triangles top and bottom near the lugs. The lugs on this one are more classic, and the case nicely brushed. However, it's a 'no' from me - 45mm is just too big, plus I can't see myself spending that amount of money on something that's going to be obselete in a couple of years Plus it wouldn't displace my mechanical watches - I'd probably only wear it for golf (again too big on the wrist for swinging a club), and my Garmin does a good job for that.

EmJay and dtf like this.
  17. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Mar 12, 2020

Yes thats the main reason for why I would never buy a smart watch

HeuerLondon88 and dtf like this.
  18. Feanor

Feanor Mar 12, 2020

Actually the area between the lugs and the strap is what bugs me the most; I was absolutely certain that the rubber strap would fit snuggly to the case just as it is the case with the two previous Connected and the Carrera Heuer. The fact that the straps hang in a conventional manner from the lugs leaving holes where they meet the case is for me a huge step back. Basically I was expecting an amazing design but this watch is somehow between the previous Connected and a Samsung Galaxy Watch. Certainly a handsome watch, but not one that screams TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer the way the previous watch did.

BMW Works, TAG GUY and Albert-AMG like this.
  19. Feanor

Feanor Mar 12, 2020

So, totally perplexed; overall handsome watch, but;
    - the rubber (and future leather straps I guess) do not close fully around the case as in the previous Connected and the Carrera Heuer.
    - the titanium model is expensive and doesn't come in silver anymore.
    - Snapdragon 3100 is for me a liability for the future and I still haven't seen the RAM. From personal experience with a Fossil Sport, 3100+512MB RAM= disastrous performance.
    - China made.
    - No more modular.
    - Looks not so different from a Samsung Galaxy Watch. Or at least closer than either of the previous Connected.
    Overall too many drawbacks. A bit sad to be honest, and definitely not an instant buy for me.

Renat1992, mdh518, BMW Works and 2 others like this.
  20. Feanor

Feanor Mar 12, 2020

Just received on my Connected Modular 45 the rather beautiful new Heuer 02 watchface of the new Connected!!! Looks really good and it has a bit of colour in the idle mode too!
    Thank you TAG Heuer!:-D