2019 Heuer Monaco 50th Anniversary Editions

The brown on it's own would be okay, it's the red hands and markers that don't work for me.

I only saw orange initially but you're right TAG Heuer have committed the same faux pas as with the recent Gulf Monacos of mixing red and orange. Orange ticks with red lume plots is rather random.

I got to see some pictures from a TH representative a few days ago. Without revealing too much, we're talking about 5 references and all of them are limited to 169 pieces. Price will be around 6000 euros exclusive taxes.

I was not very impressed by any of them, and my favourite is still the current blue calibre 11 reference. Also, for those of you who want mushroom pushers: you'll be disappointed.

I got to see some pictures from a TH representative a few days ago. Without revealing too much, we're talking about 5 references and all of them are limited to 169 pieces. Price will be around 6000 euros exclusive taxes.

I was not very impressed by any of them, and my favourite is still the current blue calibre 11 reference. Also, for those of you who want mushroom pushers: you'll be disappointed.

So all are variation on the current calibre11 model then?

So all are variation on the current calibre11 model then?
If I remember correctly, yes basically. The main variations were the colour/variant of the leather strap (no bracelet on any of them) and dial design. The last of the special editions ("2009-2019") had a crystal that was unique from the others, but as I don't know how much I'm allowed to say for the forum rules I think its best to keep it like that.

If I remember correctly, yes basically. The main variations were the colour/variant of the leather strap (no bracelet on any of them) and dial design. The last of the special editions ("2009-2019") had a crystal that was unique from the others, but as I don't know how much I'm allowed to say for the forum rules I think its best to keep it like that.
Thanks very much

Is there a Gulf edition out of the 5 references?

5x169 is not a lot to sell, could be a lot of disappointed folk, or not if the models are really poor?

Are there any PM variants? If all are same price I’m guessing not.

5x169 is not a lot to sell, could be a lot of disappointed folk, or not if the models are really poor?
I think the models will sell out for sure, highly limited editions and some people maybe like the watches more than I did. At the end of the day, it's a matter of personal taste and the design language didn't appeal to me this time.

Are there any PM variants? If all are same price I’m guessing not.
Based on the price, I'm quite sure no. I've no idea, but maybe it could be that TH releases some other reference in PM in the future as part of the 50th anniversary?

I think the models will sell out for sure, highly limited editions and some people maybe like the watches more than I did. At the end of the day, it's a matter of personal taste and the design language didn't appeal to me this time.

Based on the price, I'm quite sure no. I've no idea, but maybe it could be that TH releases some other reference in PM in the future as part of the 50th anniversary?

What colours were they?

I was trying to think what PM meant.... I eventually realised it meant precious metals. In engineering terms PM means 'powder metallurgy', which is material effectively made by compressing steel 'dust' to form a very strong material for making cutting tools out of. Wonder if it could be used to make a watch case and would it be scratch resistant?

No let me guess, brown, aubergine, mustard, olive drab and mauve.
Or maybe 1960s psychedelia theme?

What colours were they?
I don't remember exactly and the pictures were a bit lousy, but as I remember it it was quite normal Monaco stuff.

No Gulf edition among the 50th Anniversary models.
Thanks, you saved me from anxiously awaiting for nothing. Have a feeling these will not be as high on my want list as I had anticipated, still very interested to see each of the 5...

Looks like a pass then. I was so hoping for something special and different. Going to have to give my money to bloody omega again. Those greedy ********! 😜

No let me guess, brown, aubergine, mustard, olive drab and mauve.
Love a good olive drab!