2019 Heuer Monaco 50th Anniversary Editions

Given the look of the new soon-to-be-officially-announced Autavia chronograph, I think TAG's design direction is really going to the dogs. After that I don't think I have much confidence that they'll come up with something decent for the Monaco's 50th anniversary
I will reserve my comments, until the models are officially revealed. Given the TH timeline, the reveals might be in stages.

I will reserve my comments, until the models are officially revealed. Given the TH timeline, the reveals might be in stages.

With a little luck they'll abort it the way they did with last year's Autavia watches, and try again. 'Course, that didn't turn out so well for the Autavia anyway so

With a little luck they'll abort it the way they did with last year's Autavia watches, and try again. 'Course, that didn't turn out so well for the Autavia anyway so
Hopefully the Chrono Autavias can be improved. As for the Anniversary Monacos, I suspect those are like in production.

Was listening the the Hodinkee podcast this morning and James (I think it was) told this story about how he had asked over and over that they should just please show the upcoming anniversary Monaco, I will not post pictures of it etc etc. He keeps repeating that Tag claimed that they are currently working on the designs and that they had nothing to show.

I am rambling, either way I recommend listening to the Basel episodes of the Hodinkee radio if you have not already.

I wonder who was shown that brown Monaco and why...

Was listening the the Hodinkee podcast this morning and James (I think it was) told this story about how he had asked over and over that they should just please show the upcoming anniversary Monaco, I will not post pictures of it etc etc. He keeps repeating that Tag claimed that they are currently working on the designs and that they had nothing to show.

I am rambling, either way I recommend listening to the Basel episodes of the Hodinkee radio if you have not already.

I wonder who was shown that brown Monaco and why...

Yes I heard that too.... Good show. Leak likely came from a dealer So perhaps the brown one is not a limited edition and is available for wider pre order by the authorised dealers?

The photo of the Monaco looks pretty nicely lit and staged - if it was a dealer who took the photo, he's quite talented...

Capturem.JPG

Did it look anything like this Bamford?

The photo of the Monaco looks pretty nicely lit and staged - if it was a dealer who took the photo, he's quite talented...
Again, I promise you that there was no deliberate leak of the Monaco. Behind the scenes TAG Heuer contacted anyone who posted the photo and asked them to take it down immediately- and were on the lookout for any rogue images being posted. You wouldn't go to this trouble if you really wanted the photos to get out.

If it's anything like that, that's saved me a lot of $ :D

It's actually worse, it looks like a brown stained fence. I'm not joking.

I thou
I thought it was quite interesting as part of a collection it probably shouldn't be considered on its own. Evocative of some of the carrera dial finished in the late 70s early 80s

It looked like the dial would be the only change when compared to the current model. Pushers etc all looked unchanged

That's harsh. It's a pretty poor photo but I think it looks pretty good with an interesting and unique dial design.

That's harsh. It's a pretty poor photo but I think it looks pretty good with an interesting and unique dial design.

That's kind of where I was

Would it be the one pick out of 5 for me? Not sure.... in fact I might still prefer a caw211a or b.

But interesting a d evocat8ve of an era, for sure

As with that purple red aquaracer it might be lighting/angle but it doesn't look promising ::yawn:: I'm not a fan of those cotes de genever Carrera's but that's personal.
Perhaps the final version will have a gold or bronze case as that's all the rage. In that case the brown might complement nicely.
Interesting year so far

Again, I promise you that there was no deliberate leak of the Monaco. Behind the scenes TAG Heuer contacted anyone who posted the photo and asked them to take it down immediately- and were on the lookout for any rogue images being posted. You wouldn't go to this trouble if you really wanted the photos to get out.

No, not saying it was an "official" leak. But it looks like a catalog image, is what I meant.

I’m used to looking at prerelease pictures of cars and often the final product is so much better in the flesh, I’ll wait and reserve judgement until I can touch one.

The brown on it's own would be okay, it's the red hands and markers that don't work for me.