Forums Latest Members

2018 Monaco Gulf "First Victory" 50th Anniversary CAW211T

1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 20, 2018

I thought about that too...

2. TonyStark

TonyStark Jun 20, 2018

Another one appeared... uk ebay 11.5k

I wouldn't pay anywhere near that but I guess we will see what people are prepared to fork out.

I did include a screenshot but I don't want to advertise it! So I deleted again

SteveP and Jim Dollares like this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 20, 2018

It would have added differentiation, but I think orange works better with black. Using a Gulf blue on the blue strap of the original would have worked.

4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 22, 2018

I really like all of the Gulf Monaco watches. If I had deep pockets, I'd own each one (but alas, I don't). The CW2118 is indeed very nice in the way it pays homage to the true look of the driver's suit. But for me, two details hold it back. The pseudo Monaco logo pretending to be a Gulf logo and the red stripe is wrong, it should be orange.

TAG Heuer has yet to create the "perfect" Monaco Gulf version for me. A creme white face with the aforementioned details corrected would be very close. I'd also be quite happy with something like the First Victory 50th, but would prefer it with a matte blue face and orange hands & indices, instead of the red. Having said that, the 50th is a super nice watch and that starburst blue really pops!!! In addition, a version that mimics the car's livery would be very cool for me.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  5. heuerholic

heuerholic Jun 23, 2018

Well , what a day yesterday.... Picked up my new Steve McQueen Monaco Calibre 11 in Tokyo and thought that could not be topped..but the dream continued when I visited the Ginza Tag Heuer boutique to have a look around as I always do. Got talking to the Salesman about my love and passion for Heuer and he mentioned the 50th Gulf Monaco. I relayed my frustration over the fact that as I was travelling in Australia and didn't get a chance to fill with "FIX" of checking the Calibre 11 website for 3 days and when Idid, found out there had been a 50 LE gulf Monaco introduced and I had missed it. I really liked the look of this one and after hearing the feedback from Hubert on his, I was even more in the doldrums that I had missed one.
    I thought they were all sold online but the Tag salesman said they had one in each of the 2 Ginza Boutiques delivered and they had sold before the delivery guy had opened his door to bring them in the store.
    He then proceeded to tell me that Tokyo actually had 3 sent and that there was one of the other boutiques that had one but the chances of it still being around were slim or next to nothing. After a call to the store, it turned out that it was still there but someone was trying it on as we spoke and if he didn't buy it they could hold it for me. After 15 minute nerve racking wait ... I found out that he had not bought it and it was there for me if I wanted it. Well, no gueses for what happened next.....
    Hubert, your comments were spot on. Its quite beautiful, quite an amazing piece that will grace a place in my collection.

Life is good.......

DB ......

IMG_2578.JPG IMG_2587.JPG IMG_2588.JPG
    Gambba, El Matarife, abrod520 and 7 others like this.
  6. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 24, 2018

^Damn, life is good!!! When it rains, it pours - in a good way! I'm super jealous now! Congratulations and enjoy!

heuerholic and Jim Dollares like this.
  7. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 24, 2018

Congratulations @heuer1860! Fantastic story. Well done! :thumbsup:

heuerholic and Jim Dollares like this.
  8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 24, 2018

What a trip, awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 24, 2018

Talk about luck being on your side, quick buy some scratch cards! :)

heuerholic likes this.
  10. heuerholic

heuerholic Jun 24, 2018

I would if I knew what they looked like.
    I can speak Japanese but can’t read a word of it so I wouldn’t have a clue if I won anything or not. ::facepalm1::

11. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jun 24, 2018

You sure you haven't won some of those scratch cards already? Three watches in three days, life must be "really" good!

heuerholic likes this.
  12. El Matarife

El Matarife Jun 24, 2018

Congrats on finding a Gulf 50th one week after its launch. It must have been the last unsold piece anywhere in the world!

13. heuerholic

heuerholic Jun 24, 2018

Yep , as others have suggested, I should probably buy a lotto Ticket immediately.
    It truly was a lucky set of circumstances.

Mspeedster likes this.
  14. Idl

Idl Jun 24, 2018

15. Gambba

Gambba Jun 26, 2018

@heuer1860 what a fantastic selection of pieces you picked up over there, and best of all is all 3 aren’t easy to pick up! Mega effort, congrats!

16. heuerholic

heuerholic Jul 8, 2018

Just thought I would share a few pics with the group of my Gulf Monaco on a Gulf Nato strap I picked up at Mr Chrono in Hong Kong.
    I had such an amazing reaction from my female work colleagues who have never noticed that I even had a watch on before, let alone comment on how it looks.
    Amazing what a little colour can do.

IMG_2784.JPG IMG_2786.jpg
  17. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jul 8, 2018

That really changes the look!

18. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jul 9, 2018

Eye catching.

19. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 9, 2020

Michaels post in the other thread got me going back to this thread. Gosh this version of the Gulf Monaco is perfect in my eyes. I could stare at King Hubert's photos all day!

Has anyone seen any of these for sale on the used market in recent times?

Hubert likes this.
  20. abrod520

abrod520 Oct 10, 2020

Don't really see many TAGs on the secondary market, besides new gray stock of less desirable pieces. I don't think most TAG buyers are plugged-in to the online watch world the way vintage types are as much, which is why the few TAGs being sold regularly are the Autavia reeditions mainly

Jim Dollares likes this.