Will your Aquaracer break? A shocking scientific study on the calibre 5

Does yours wind on a winder? Mine stops after a day or so. Tried it on a couple of winders, a basic one with no controls that winds to tags spec, and a fancy one that you can vary what it does. Even turned up all the way, watch still goes flat
My WAY2112 is OK on a winder.One is a basic one speed that I don't use, the better one has 4.

The only question I have relates to the crown itself. The fault is fixed but the same quirk is happening now as when it went in. When you unwind the crown past the threads, it more often than not doesn’t pop out onto the winding location until I start to first turn it. It then immediately pops into place and winds fine. Is this normal and does it matter in real world?

My green one does that too. It's very odd. My WAY208C doesn't do that. It feels like there is a spring in there that can only do its job once it gets in a certain position.

My green one does that too. It's very odd. My WAY208C doesn't do that. It feels like there is a spring in there that can only do its job once it gets in a certain position.
Mine does not do this, I unscrew the crown and can always immediately pop it out to the position I want

Mine does not do this, I unscrew the crown and can always immediately pop it out to the position I want

same, just checked mine and it pops out to the wind position as soon as it unscrews.

Cheers for checking and responding. It appears there are mixed experiences on this issue. I don’t think it will be an issue for those with the scenario, but do feel better that I am not alone.

Cheers for checking and responding. It appears there are mixed experiences on this issue. I don’t think it will be an issue for those with the scenario, but do feel better that I am not alone.

Me too.

Today is a good day for the Aquaracer nerds in this forum, Ben is back to showcasing his sexy orange beast as his avatar. I mean the Omega was ok but nothing like that orange beauty.

Was just checking you were still paying attention. Too marks again!

Does yours wind on a winder? Mine stops after a day or so. Tried it on a couple of winders, a basic one with no controls that winds to tags spec, and a fancy one that you can vary what it does. Even turned up all the way, watch still goes flat
Wore it last night and am now intrigued by your winder issue, so mine will stay on the winder for a few days now. It’s been on there for 10 hours, on second turns setting and bi-directional. It’s gained about 2 seconds, so clearly still running so far. I have no idea what how much reserve was left, as only hand wound to test in the AD. Should have a better idea by midday tomorrow.

Mine will run for a day or so on the reserve, then a while longer, then start losing time, then stop. Usually takes 3-4 days, but I haven’t scienced it enough to be accurate. It’s like the winder is helping, but isn’t enough to keep it going. It runs indefinitely on my wrist without winding.

Sounds like neither wind is matching what the watch requires in the real world.

Will update in a couple of days regarding how mine fairs.

38 hours in and it’s still running, having gained 8 seconds. Seems to be fine for me so far. Will see how we get on from here, if I can resist wearing it now the sun is back out here.

38 hours in and it’s still running, having gained 8 seconds. Seems to be fine for me so far. Will see how we get on from here, if I can resist wearing it now the sun is back out here.
Be strong, in the name of science

Be strong, in the name of science
Going to have to be, as it’s a deal breaker if the winder doesn’t keep it running at this stage.

This is motivating me to get mine serviced. Wonder if I can get a upgraded eta from a breitling or something

This is motivating me to get mine serviced. Wonder if I can get a upgraded eta from a breitling or something
I am happy to keep it on the winder for full testing to make sure. How long do you reckon is enough to prove mine isn’t affected by the issue yours seems to have?

I am happy to keep it on the winder for full testing to make sure. How long do you reckon is enough to prove mine isn’t affected by the issue yours seems to have?

Four days should do it

Four days should do it
Ok. Will be 2 days at 10pm. Will update after 4 days.