Forums Latest Members

What is your next purchase? / Wishlist?

1. MRC

MRC Aug 16, 2017

But I have, also Brands, Snetterton, Castle Coombe, Nürburgring, etc, etc. Timed building evacuation in firedrills, computer networks tests under increasing load. Let's see: also yacht race starts, rally stages, and while writing up how much of your time it actually takes to make bread (less than you'd think, it's mainly doing something else while waiting for it to rise and so on).

Never to brew tea though, but then I drink it very weak.

Mike

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 16, 2017

Great use cases Mike! :thumbsup:

3. MRC

MRC Aug 16, 2017

Latest use I've found is timing multi-rotor RC aircraft ("drone") flight time because battery life is short and if it runs out gravity takes over. Briefly :( :(

Hubert likes this.
  4. erich77

erich77 Aug 18, 2017

still want a two-tone Heuer 01 but I see now TAG Heuer has introduced a 43mm black pvd coated steel/gold version... I would like to try both the 45mm black titanium/gold on side by side with the 43mm two tone as now I am not sure which I would prefer - love aspects of both - I imagine the 43mm being smaller but heavier - also a $500 price drop on the 45mm, both now listed at $9000 msrp - decisions, decisions... (lol)

5. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Aug 18, 2017

If i could turn back time, i would buy the skeleton dial 43mm Heuer01.

I already have 45mm Heuer01 skeleton dial. And 43mm heuer01 full dial. Somehow i like the 43mm better

I get what you mean, sometimes people opt for the bigger one because the price difference wasn't that much anyway but it was my first time wearing 45mm and probably my last. I am long sleeve kind of guy and its very hard for me to wear 45mm (should have known from the start, but anyway...)

On the contrary, 45mm Heuer01 skeleton dial is the watch that i got complemented a lot by friends and family during any occassion. It certainly a shout out presence on the wrist. While 43mm, not so much.

So you'll have to make the decision about whats best for you.

Hope thats help

Cheers

dtf and erich77 like this.
  6. MrJKLFoams

MrJKLFoams Aug 18, 2017

Looking at IWC top gun big pilot perpetual calendar. Hope to find one in singapore.

7. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Aug 18, 2017

I never own a perpetual. I am worried how do i set it back if i dont use winder to keep the power alive.

8. erich77

erich77 Aug 18, 2017

thanks! I may have the very same two Heuer 01 models- the 43mm black dial and the 45mm original model, also the
    45mm 02T which is lighter than both my 01s with it's titanium case. I understand much of the similar pro's & cons. Love the presence of the 45's and the 43 just feels so good, it could be my only watch. I don't think you can go wrong either way but all the sudden the 43 two tone is "pulling my strings". I believe I have seen you post pics of your 45mm black titanium and gold two tone in your very nice collection. Such a gorgeous piece. I have got some time to think about it but it's fun how TAG Heuer keeps coming out with winners, across the entire product line. They know how to hook you (lol). I really like the gold two tone 36mm quartz Carrera for the ladies as well.

dtf, Jim Dollares and OttoWilliam like this.
  9. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Aug 18, 2017

Hold on ! You already have the H02T ! I think now you can skip the H01skeleton dial and go straight to 43mm skeleton dial.

But of course the final choice is yours. May the force be with you:thumbsup:

erich77 and Jim Dollares like this.
  10. erich77

erich77 Aug 18, 2017

yes, the (original) base model 02T that was the "unlimited" version - we talked about it's rainbow prisms before (lol) - picked it up second hand, like new and complte, for some good savings - it's my grail really but like I said even the 43mm classic dial H01 is so much fun. we shall see - feel blessed to have the pieces I have but I would sell them all if circumstances warranted - it's just a watch but like other watch enthusiasts, seem to always be on the hunt (lol) - having fun, staying within budget, trying to not to take things too seriously

cheers to you too!

dtf likes this.
  11. MrJKLFoams

MrJKLFoams Aug 25, 2017

Hi fellow calibre11 just need your thoughts on this piece that Im planning to special order. I haven't seen it in person only photos and some videos online. I was told that this is a limited edition like other jack heuer edition and the manager from AD told me that it will come with special box and a book. I got TH cal36 flyback black racer, omega professional moonwatch and rolex sub nd on rotation. Thanks for the input.

IMG_2614.JPG
    Edited Aug 25, 2017
  12. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Aug 25, 2017

I think you clicked send before the picture finished loading

13. imagwai

imagwai Aug 25, 2017

I suggest finding the black (Rindt) Autavia and trying that on in person. Also watch some online reviews. Then, if you like the fit and finish on that, it's a simple case of deciding whether you like the colour scheme on the JH edition.

14. MrJKLFoams

MrJKLFoams Aug 25, 2017

yeah. Thanks

15. MrJKLFoams

MrJKLFoams Aug 25, 2017

I donno why there's no heuer autavia around perth as of the moment. Im looking for some white dial classic/modern look so I thought this would be a good addition to my small collection. Thanks

16. imagwai

imagwai Aug 25, 2017

One other comment. The bezel on this JH version is so much better than the Rindt, which looks too thick because of the large numbers - to the extent that it alters the perceived proportions of the watch.

AussieAlex likes this.
  17. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 25, 2017

This is still a few months away. I suggest that you hold a bit.

imagwai likes this.
  18. MrJKLFoams

MrJKLFoams Aug 25, 2017

From online review this autavia is abit thicker than my cal36 flyback 15mm to 16.5mm if in not mistaken.

19. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 25, 2017

The timeline is correct. And yes, this will be a limited, numbered edition, so it could be sold out in relatively short time. If I were you, I would ask your AD if you can put a fully-refundable deposit to secure one. In the meantime, go and try the Rindt (black) version to ensure you like the watch and its dimensions.

20. MrJKLFoams

MrJKLFoams Aug 25, 2017

Thats the problem because there's no autavia available on any AD here in perth tried watches of switzerland aswell but no luck.