What is your next purchase? / Wishlist?

My wife just made her first purchase on C24, and it's a vintage TH! At least, I think it counts as vintage, since it's approximately 35 years old.
S04.jpeg

S/el model S04.713M. Apparently this was intended as a boy's watch, but she is just fascinated with it. At 34mm, it falls right into the current lady's-watch size range.

Apparently it was originally sold in 1989. Other than finding enough pics to convince me this is probably genuine, I can't find any history on this model. Anyone have any leads?

Also, I think this has more than enough gold plating to meet or exceed @Jim Dollares 's DB criteria. ;)

Apparently it was originally sold in 1989. Other than finding enough pics to convince me this is probably genuine, I can't find any history on this model. Anyone have any leads?

It's definitely genuine - S/EL fakes are really bad. [Edit] Doesn't look like the minimal bezel ladies version made it to the new reference format in 1992, so probably worth looking at catalogues from the 80s.
Edited:

It's definitely genuine - S/EL fakes are really bad. [Edit] Doesn't look like the minimal bezel ladies version made it to the new reference format in 1992, so probably worth looking at catalogues from the 80s.
Thanks! She'll be very relieved (as I am). She has a "Faux-lex" she inherited from her mother, and has no interest in any more fakes.

My wife just made her first purchase on C24, and it's a vintage TH! At least, I think it counts as vintage, since it's approximately 35 years old.
S04.jpeg

S/el model S04.713M. Apparently this was intended as a boy's watch, but she is just fascinated with it. At 34mm, it falls right into the current lady's-watch size range.

Also, I think this has more than enough gold plating to meet or exceed @Jim Dollares 's DB criteria. ;)
Oh man, is your wife a douchebag too! That is awesome, happy for you bro

Oh. So I just found out that the El Primero has hands at the first crown position and date at the second. That actually makes more sense, but every other watch I have is the other way round so that's gonna be a pain in the arse to remember!

Oh. So I just found out that the El Primero has hands at the first crown position and date at the second. That actually makes more sense, but every other watch I have is the other way round so that's gonna be a pain in the arse to remember!
Yes the non-hacking movement results in adjusting time in the first position as adjusting the date happens less often.

It doesn't make more sense. To get to the date (a quick change that doesn't impact anythjing else), you have to go through the time first which, even if you're careful, risks a small change to the time (and presumably hacks the watch to boot?)

If you wore it every day you'd more likely change the hands than the date, no? Even a chronometer goes out eventually. And it doesn't hack... so how you are supposed to test it I don't know?

Indeed - on my Link Cal. 36, I "fake" the hack when I want to sync up the seconds by setting the time a little ahead and backing it up slowly while keeping pressure on the crown in that direction. If done right, it should pause the movement.

It doesn't make more sense. To get to the date (a quick change that doesn't impact anythjing else), you have to go through the time first which, even if you're careful, risks a small change to the time (and presumably hacks the watch to boot?)

It's a non-hacking movement, and it's easy to pull the crown straight out.

Oh man, is your wife a douchebag too! That is awesome, happy for you bro
I think I'll just direct her to your posts. Me telling her she's a "douchebag", especially without context, will be quite harmful to my health! :eek: You, on the other hand, are far enough away to be safe. :p