What is your next purchase? / Wishlist?

I attribute the added thickness to accommodate the rotating bezel. In any case, it's fine.
Breitling has been really good about keeping the exact dimensions of the originals with their re-editions. I suspect they could've made it thinner, but wanted the size to be like the original.

Breitling has been really good about keeping the exact dimensions of the originals with their re-editions. I suspect they could've made it thinner, but wanted the size to be like the original.
Not clear if the original was also 41mm, but I'm glad the re-edition is.
The Ref. 765 AVI 1964 Re-Edition, released in a limited production of 164 pieces, faithfully reproduces the Ref. 765 AVI’s design. It includes a true-to-the-time hesalite crystal, as well as the baton indexes and lumed pencil hands used on the original. It also features modern improvements, like the durable amorphous diamond-like-carbon (ADLC) coated bezel that gives it its black finish. To maintain its vintage character, the watch is powered by the Caliber B09, a current Breitling manufacture movement that is, appropriately, manual wind.

During my last Breitling boutique visit I was surprised how chunky, shiny and unrefined most watches looked. It’s no longer Breitling for Bentley but for Cobra, Mustang and Corvette. The Premier was the only one midly interesting. The watches at TAG Heuer looked exquisite in comparison.
The Breitling boutique experience is impressive though. This is their big seller I reckon. Noobs walk in and see the great colour ways, vintage bikes, old school branding and buy a watch.
Same here. Over the past 3 months I saw the Superoceans at their Boutique in Lyon (funnily enough shared with TH) and the 42mm AVI Chronos (with Sellita SW500s inside) at the one in Geneva.

I found both collections pretty underwhelming for the price tag (In fairness: There seems to be quite some variability with the bezel rotation/finishing of the SO, which they have hopefully fixed for good now).

Bottom-line: I feel that with Breitling you have to pick a bit carefully to get your money's worth. The last Cosmonaut LE seemed very nice. Same for @Hubert ’s Co-Pilote.

On the other hand you have things like the Chronomat GMT, which (IMHO) are an utter joke at almost 6k EUR and are bound to be found at -30% through various outlets in 2 years from now…
Edited:

EDIT: Now seeing @abrod520 ’s post about trying on the exact same two model lines… Funny how perception can go in two totally opposite directions :D

EDIT: Now seeing @abrod520 ’s post about trying on the exact same two model lines… Funny how perception can go in two totally opposite directions :D

While I do think the Superocean is maybe a bit too expensive, I can tell you that my Superocean 57 keeps absolutely excellent time and has a very refined winding feel. No base-level Sellita here, for sure.

As for the 42mm AVI, in the US they are in the $5k price range which means maybe even under $4 on discount. I think they look great and I'd be willing to give Breitling the benefit of the doubt on using Sellita-base movements after my experience with the Superocean... not sure it's at the top of my list just yet, but I could definitely see myself buying one.

Hi,

my new purchase this morning... waiting for the parcel next week.

1860 ex, limited edition : CAW211B.

Capture.JPG

Hi,

Capture.JPG
Congrats bro, this is your 8th c11 Monaco right? Fingers crossed this one will be a good one :thumbsup:

Hi,

Capture.JPG

Congratulations. Nice piece indeed.

Congrats bro, this is your 8th c11 Monaco right? Fingers crossed this one will be a good one :thumbsup:

I don't even count any more, but this will be my first Monaco with the ETA and not the Sellita :)

I don't even count any more, but this will be my first Monaco with the ETA and not the Sellita :)
latest

ETA

Congrats! I hope this one works out for you! :thumbsup:
I've had two C11 ETAs, never had an issue. But similar to the Sellita, it still likes to have active wrist movement compared to something like the H02.

Love it, the CAW211B is my favorite of the new Monacos and I would probably have one if it had proper white stick subdial hands. Glad there'll be one on the forum now to tempt me occasionally :)

Congrats @VirgileF, enjoy it in good health! ::rimshot::
I owned a CAW211B for 5 years, probably never should've sold it. Your pics make me want to buy one again.

Killer Monaco Virgile, looks super in your photos! Now lets hope this one is a keeper ::bleh::

Congrats - that looks lovely. What is most surprising is how large the glassbox looks next to it, when for me at least it wore pretty small.