What is your next purchase? / Wishlist?

Thanks! Yes, it'll be my first from the formerly winged-B. I'll post some pics when I receive it. It has a manual movement and a plexiglass, so it should be epic.
Looking forward to your pics!

My Navitimer ref 806 re-edition has the same manual wind movement and plexi domed crystal. I really wish TAG Heuer had gone this route on the heritage Carreras. It would've meant a slimmer case and no milky ring distortion.
20211104_114543.jpg DSCN1572.JPG

Just preordered a 1953 “Co-Pilot” re-edition, Ref. 765 AVI “One of 164”
upload_2023-7-24_12-52-8.png

These are great, the new 42mm automatics are awesome too.

I've been keeping an eye on prices of the first re-edition, think I might move when they're regularly closer to 4k. Cool watches!

very nice choice, looking forward to seeing the wrist shots.

Picture doesn’t work for me? Although very few pictures appear but need a link clicked to appear.

Looking forward to your pics!

My Navitimer ref 806 re-edition has the same manual wind movement and plexi domed crystal. I really wish TAG Heuer had gone this route on the heritage Carreras. It would've meant a slimmer case and no milky ring distortion.
20211104_114543.jpg DSCN1572.JPG
Here's a profile shot. Not thin by any means, but it wears really nice.
upload_2023-7-27_16-44-51.png

upload_2023-7-27_16-57-20.png
I love that the strap is wider, making the overall look of the watch slimmer.
upload_2023-7-27_16-54-27.png
That has been one of my recurring criticisms of the glassbox Carreras, the current lugs are narrower than the originals, making the case look bloated.
1189769-83e0b6c22e24e9781bf724764376ef0d.jpg

^Looks great! Thanks for the pics! :thumbsup:

Here's a profile shot. Not thin by any means, but it wears really nice
That seems thicker than I'd thought it would be for a manual wind. The Navitimer ref. 806 1959 re-edition is only 12.9mm in thickness, and a good chunk of that is the dome crystal.
04_Navitimer-Ref.-806-1959-Re-Edition profile.jpg

During my last Breitling boutique visit I was surprised how chunky, shiny and unrefined most watches looked. It’s no longer Breitling for Bentley but for Cobra, Mustang and Corvette. The Premier was the only one midly interesting. The watches at TAG Heuer looked exquisite in comparison.
The Breitling boutique experience is impressive though. This is their big seller I reckon. Noobs walk in and see the great colour ways, vintage bikes, old school branding and buy a watch.

That seems thicker than I'd thought it would be for a manual wind. The Navitimer ref. 806 1959 re-edition is only 12.9mm in thickness, and a good chunk of that is the dome crystal.
Head on it looks great, really great. There’s no excuse for the thickness though. Probably intentional.

During my last Breitling boutique visit I was surprised how chunky, shiny and unrefined most watches looked. It’s no longer Breitling for Bentley but for Cobra, Mustang and Corvette. The Premier was the only one midly interesting. The watches at TAG Heuer looked exquisite in comparison.
The Breitling boutique experience is impressive though. This is their big seller I reckon. Noobs walk in and see the great colour ways, vintage bikes, old school branding and buy a watch.

Reminds me of what Bremont boutiques were doing a few years back (especially the London ones).

Breilting I fee are stuck somewhat between their 'big' watch past and new CEOs vision.

Premier range IMHO are the pick of the bunch, although RRP is crazy & I think the TH 42mm Elegant Carreras are nicer

Reminds me of what Bremont boutiques were doing a few years back (especially the London ones).

Breilting I fee are stuck somewhat between their 'big' watch past and new CEOs vision.

Premier range IMHO are the pick of the bunch, although RRP is crazy & I think the TH 42mm Elegant Carreras are nicer
Premier is my Favourite Breitling. Nice movement, good size and great Quality. 20210729_145458.jpg

Oh interesting, I agree on your assessment of the 'Classic cars' line (can't recall what the official name is) but I also find the Premiers to be too chunky for their elegant dial designs. My last visit to a Breitling store I found the new 42mm AVIs to be excellent in all aspects though, not too thick at all. And surprisingly, the new Superoceans too - they're slim on the wrist despite the blocky dial design. Interesting, that.

I think Breitling is definitely moving in a positive direction, each new release is a definitive improvement on the last IMO. But I also think @McBeardy 's right about them being caught between 2 decades plus of thick garbage and Georges Kern's excellent stewardship going forward.

I was shopping for something else when I impulse bought my avenger, I had no real love (or hate, for that matter) for breitling and spotted the pvd avenger gmt and decided to try it on. Being titanium it’s very light on the wrist and it wears well because it’s very thin. Sharp edges and nice machining add to to a more premium feel than TH.
Edited:

I attribute the added thickness to accommodate the rotating bezel. In any case, it's fine.