Forums Latest Members

What is your next purchase? / Wishlist?

1. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 8, 2021

This explains why the Dominator has been regularly spending pity cash on cheaper pieces like Carreras, Autavias, Hamiltons and so on. To finally be able to buy the holy grail Batman :cool:

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 8, 2021

I can't imagine wanting a watch so bad that I would buy other watches to be 'allowed' the 'privilege' of paying full price for it..

paysdoufs and Albert-AMG like this.
  3. Yago

Yago Dec 8, 2021

Unfortunately the Rolex AD doesn’t sell TAG Heuer but they do have Tudor :rolleyes:
    Bought the BB36 there so might get lucky.

thingziliketoo and Anthony.R like this.
  4. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 8, 2021

15 maybe 16 years I was offered a gold s hand Rolex, tried it for three days but it didn’t gel, also too many comments from mates, car salesman + gold Rolex + shiny suit etc so I passed on it, only regret? how much profit would be in it today.
    Local dealer does have a white gold Cellini in stock that I have admired, but the force is not strong enough.

5. Yago

Yago Dec 8, 2021

So popped in at AD today. I was lucky enough to be attended to by the owner and not one of the staff trained to block any Rolex waiting lists questions. After securing a strap for the BB we 'casually' wandered onto the subject of Rolex scarcity. She told me the supply of anything 36mm and up is so bad these days they aren't accepting any more subscribers to their lists. Consequently we had a wonderful chat and I ended up on the list of a blue 36mm Datejust :cool:
    Should be 8-12 months...
    Oh and they had both the silver and blue BB58 in the window. Just arrived and available although she expected them to be sold after the weekend.

6. PFEN

PFEN Dec 8, 2021

bad news;
    I had been waiting for this watch for six months and normally I would receive it for the holidays despite a deposit.
    mail telling me that everything is done .. I had to wait another 2 years or more !!. you shouldn't take people for idiots .. i'm not rich. I am not speculating. I don't have billionaire friends. I have no tips. I only like watches.
    that got on my nerves. I went to buy myself a TUDOR with the deposit of the rolex .. that they go and see on the moon with an omega if the world is also beautiful.
    1.jpeg

7. PFEN

PFEN Dec 8, 2021

well all in all, I'm pretty happy with my new acquisition. it's simple .. well finished ..:D
    and I still have enough money to offer the restaurant to my wife ..::popcorn::

IMG_7779.jpeg

Mspeedster, dtf, McBeardy and 3 others like this.
  8. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 8, 2021

Congrats on the 58, a killer wonderful watch :thumbsup:

I didn't fully understand your story. You bought this because you got angry that Rolex is two years away? Or did you buy it to be allowed to buy the Rolex sooner?

thingziliketoo, imagwai and McBeardy like this.
  9. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Dec 8, 2021

I think he was angry - et ceci malgré un si joli copier-coller dans l’email… :D

However, in the spirit of punishing la maison Rolex, personally I would rather have bought anything else but a Tudor ;)

10. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Dec 8, 2021

Some may do that, I only bought what I wanted to buy and keep in my collection. It all started off four years ago with me walking in day before Father’s Day when the Rolex hype had caused shortages due to speculation. My salesman had a no show on a Submariner that day and said it could be mine if the buyer didn’t show. Father’s Day 2017 I picked it up with my youngest boy, I will pass it to him on his wedding day. I have been going to the same store since. Picked up an Explorer with my oldest that will be his to pass down. Ordered a Datejust for my wife after she started liking to wear my watches. Anniversaries and holidays I go there if I’m feeling jewellery is the choice. Prior to stopping in there I had been going into another AD for six months monthly and chatting with the same sales representatives and each time they asked for my info and wrote it down. After seven times I finally figured out they weren’t going to be of help and took a drive to my current location. Patience, a little luck and kind persistence is the key

HoltzPlatz and Jim Dollares like this.
  11. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 8, 2021

Congrats! Great watch! :thumbsup:
    Jim, I believe @PFEN bought the Black Bay, not the BB58. Note the bezel has silver markings, not gilt.

PFEN likes this.
  12. Yago

Yago Dec 8, 2021

A little luck indeed! A sub right off the bat… no way in today’s world unfortunately.

13. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 8, 2021

After buying two Rolex watches and some other watches, I used to have this kind of relationship with my Rolex AD sales person. He was also really into cars, as am I, so we used to chat quite a bit. This was long before the current crazy situation with Rolex, but I felt like I had a reasonable shot at the Pepsi, even the Daytona, which he had already offered to me once before (long story).

Then my Rolex sales guy left and moved to a different state about 2 years ago. So I have to start completely from scratch in building up a new relationship. Not willing to do that. C'est la vie.

kappa_md, PFEN and thingziliketoo like this.
  14. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Dec 8, 2021

To start over with a new sales rep would be a bummer. If it’s an independent AD, maybe reach out to the owner with an email and maybe they can help you either directly or have a salesperson start up where you left off. We are odd ducks in their business, most folks are one watch and done for years. If they have good business sense they should help you out and keep you engaged. Every time I bring my wife along we always get diverted for a bit checking out the sparkly things. A good AD should love us crazy watch collectors :D

Mspeedster likes this.
  15. PFEN

PFEN Dec 8, 2021

@Mspeedster : you are right: it is the BB 41mm.
    for story:
    My wife had made a reservation 6 months ago for a 'sub'. gift for my birthday. even though she didn't know which year would be the right one :(. Waiting list. no money deposited. trust in the seller.
    she received a call from the seller telling her that a withdrawal made that a sub was going to be available. Within 3/4 months.
    it was good.:)
    then this email (see above) arrived :(:
    "sorry, but we can no longer provide you. there is more than 2 years of waiting ...etc..
    I could have waited, it was not a problem. I have other watches but I had the impression that another person had been more important and had passed in front of me :(. I may be wrong ... I will not know and I do not want to know. it just pissed me off.
    I am a customer of this AD and I have always been satisfied with them. and finally, vendors and service.
    now the policy of the store management !! ::confused2:: who knows !!!. ::screwloose::
    in summary: I spoke with the seller. a long time about this SUB ..
    he introduced :Dme to the TUDOR .. and finally I succumbed to the charms of this watch ... ::love::
    he did his job well .. :thumbsup:
    and I'm happy ...
    if ever one sub was to appear in a while ... if I'm still alive ... :rolleyes: then I'll advise :D

tudor-black-bay-58-24-426x351.jpg

dtf, YY77, McBeardy and 3 others like this.
  16. PFEN

PFEN Dec 8, 2021

"girlfriends" will hug a little to welcome "mademoiselle Tudor" :D:D

tempImageDLcJ8p.png

McBeardy and Mspeedster like this.
  17. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 8, 2021

Congrats again! And happy birthday(?) Lots of birthdays around here recently.

The games and politics around getting a Rolex in recent years have soured the brand for me. But in all honesty, I truly enjoy watches from other brands (such as TAG Heuer and Tudor) as much or more than Rolex.

I purchased my older style Sub about 10 years ago and my Tudor BB58 last year. Of the two, I prefer the looks of the Tudor.
    IMG_20210723_061810_869.jpg

Anthony.R, dtf, McBeardy and 3 others like this.
  18. PFEN

PFEN Dec 8, 2021

::love::::love::::love::::love::

Mspeedster likes this.
  19. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Dec 8, 2021

There's one on US eBay, with Mickey's approval too. Looks like it's only missing the receipt, a pretty complete package. Listed as 43mm so that's obviously a mistake otherwise this would be mine.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/185197126543?hash=item2b1e9be38f:g:XNMAAOSwAU1hqabVPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    TAG Heuer Diver Mickey WM1112.BA0317DI 1.jpeg TAG Heuer Diver Mickey WM1112.BA0317DI 2.jpeg

Snowy, Albert-AMG and Mspeedster like this.
  20. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 8, 2021

Ah yes I see it now :thumbsup:

PFEN likes this.