Forums Latest Members

Welcome to the Calibre 11 TAG Heuer Forums

1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster May 10, 2021

Gorgeous! :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing it on different straps.

I couldn't decide between the Montreal and the Silver, kept going back & forth on which one I liked better. I couldn't afford to buy two, so ended up buying neither, and then later decided on the Dato.

2. Stopthewatch

Stopthewatch May 10, 2021

To be honest, they are all gorgeous but you made a great decision as Dato 45 is good looking, classy, and really limited :D The reason that I got the Montreal was just an amazing coincidence: I have seen it in the Boutique, while I was purchasing the teal one, I liked it and one day later, I found a great deal with a private collector and snatched it :D

Mspeedster likes this.
  3. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 10, 2021

I'm looking to get the Montreal to go with the Silver 160th and wondered what type of price they are selling for.

Mspeedster and kappa_md like this.
  4. Yago

Yago May 10, 2021

They are still available from AD so no more than retail.

5. Stopthewatch

I have got mine around 4400 USD in near new condition with full set, but as I said it was a really lucky find, where the selling collector needed the money to buy a Starbucks from the Boutique (Yes, lucky guy :D), so he really didn't care about extra 500-1000 USD that he will get by waiting. But realistically I think you may find one in good condition, full set around 5300 - 5500 USD range. Also, keep in mind that you may still find them in the boutiques as they are still not fully sold-out and since it has been a while now since they are introduced, you have a good position to negotiate with them...

Also, note that there is another 39mm Glassbox Carrera coming up tomorrow. 500 pieces limited with an absolutely remarkable teal dial. I feel this will be sold out quite quickly as it is a gorgeous piece. This one may be a good option for you to go with your Ice King :D

Mspeedster likes this.
  6. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 10, 2021

My guy reckons he can't get one any longer.
    Will double check with him in the morning.
    Interesting.

7. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 10, 2021

I had a look at the new Teal Carrera last week.
    It doesn't grab me.
    I think the whole green dial fad is hot right now with many Brands but in time will pass.

I'm more into the classic Carrera and wish for a Panda in the future. Montreal I was thinking about just to have the set of 160th pieces.

All the best with your Teal Carrera. Look forward to seeing many pics of it.

8. YY77

YY77 May 10, 2021

Sounds like you're not really committed.:thumbsdown:

9. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 10, 2021

Yeah still undecided. Will see if I can get my AD to source one and decide from there.

Stopthewatch likes this.
  10. Stopthewatch

I totally understand, the teal dial is taking the classic look of the Carrera to an unknown realm and this may not be preferable for many people, however, the fact that there wasn't a green dial Carrera before, appeals to me. Apart from that, I believe the market will accept this piece as whoever I have shown the photos of the piece was blown away by it :D

Regarding the Montreal, In my opinion, it really feels like a Panda dial, similar to the Telemeter even though it is not the classic white and black look. Considering you wish for Panda in the future and want to have both 160th pieces, it looks like you are set with the Montreal already :D

Anthony.R likes this.
  11. kappa_md

kappa_md May 10, 2021

curtfrommelt and Albert-AMG like this.
  12. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 10, 2021

Thanks for Posting @kappa_md
    Got my AD searching for one for me.

13. Mspeedster

Mspeedster May 10, 2021

Hopefully your guy in NJ can come through for you again. Whenever I see pics of the Montreal, I really really like it. The only thing that held me back was the thought of TAG Heuer coming out with a classic panda re-edition, as I'd want that even more.

Anthony.R likes this.
  14. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 10, 2021

If that Panda gets announced I'm the second in line behind you for one. Regardless of whether I get the Montreal or not. I will sell something if need be.

thingziliketoo likes this.
  15. imagwai

imagwai May 10, 2021

I thought I was first in the queue?! :)

16. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 10, 2021

Oh that puts me 3rd then.
    I'm happy with that, just as long as I'm in with a chance. I'm sure there are many more waiting for this ReEdition Mate .

17. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares May 10, 2021

You guys best start working on becoming friends with someone at Hodinkee so you can get one of the 50 pandas they will make

18. imagwai

imagwai May 10, 2021

Hope it's not a Hodinkee edition. That will make it very difficult to get without hideous import vat in the UK.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  19. Anthony.R

Anthony.R May 10, 2021

Hope you are way off the mark here.
    But maybe a Calibre 11 Panda would be the way to go if a Colab has to be the way.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  20. kappa_md

kappa_md May 10, 2021

The 2447SN should be a proper TAG Heuer Re-edition! :mad:

I’ll be the first to congratulate you in your new Carrera Montreal 160 sir @Anthony.R ;)

::psy::::psy::