Watches and Wonders 2023

upload_2023-6-2_11-19-38.png
There ya go, pushers are part of the case, problem solved, AD reduced this after I bought my PD -but a different model- and someone says NO.

Interesting. So although you want the 1133 look, you don't actually want the 1133, but a modern interpretation of it.

Interesting. So although you want the 1133 look, you don't actually want the 1133, but a modern interpretation of it.
Aha, not a reply to me.:rolleyes:

upload_2023-6-2_11-19-38.png
There ya go, pushers are part of the case, problem solved, AD reduced this after I bought my PD -but a different model- and someone says NO.

Cool idea that!

The current C11 Monaco goes back to 2009 with the CAW211A (40th) & CAW211B (Grey Re-edition). If TAG Heuer were to release a successor model let's say in 2024, the old style will be 15 years old. For me, the same look with an in-house movement wouldn't be enough difference to merit buying another one. Hence why I used the Tudor BB54 example, make it even closer looking to the original 1133b and keep the price reasonable. I like the square pushers too, but round pushers will differentiate it and make it even more desirable for those who appreciate being faithful to the original.

The McQueen is to TH what the Moonwatch is to Omega. There are tons of different Speedmasters, but only one Moonwatch. There will always be the next generation who want the specific version that looks like the one the astronauts wore. Same goes for the McQueen, it will always have new buyers even if they keep it just as it is. But if they want to attract repeat buyers it needs to be visually & technically improved.
Edited:

But they’re not exploiting the Heuer name - which is mostly respected by all watch enthusiasts (not necessarily TH’s majority fan base, but park that for now).

They could make the four iconic watches and then retire the Heuer name if Freddy doesn’t like it/want to use it: Carrera 2446NS, Autavia 2646 Rindt, and Autavia 2646 GMT (for which they might be able to use the same motor for the former two, and possibly the same case for all three (though there aren’t many GMT Chronograph calibres about, and that may rule it out - there again, just add a Pepsi 12 hour bezel to the Autavia), and the Monaco CAW211P which is already in production.

Drip feed them in batches if they want to ensure continued demand. And then carry on with whatever stategy they have for TH.

However, I still believe a better move is to re-issue almost all of the Heuer historic chronographs. I can’t think of a bad one off the top of my head.

I’ve always said this. Would be nice for them to create a ‘Heuer’ re-editions collection. Anyone who wants a faithfully version of the original then has the opportunity to buy one with a modern movement.

I was going to say I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s proposing splitting the company because to me it seems the obvious best outcome for the customer, and therefore the company.
Once Biver mentioned that there cannot be a “Heuer” without “TAGHeuer” roughly 5 years ago I let it go.
As much as I'd like to see more Heuer re-issues, I feel Biver was right. The brand is stronger together than apart.

The Monaco, Carrera, and Autavia are all Heuer. Even the Aquaracer can trace its roots to Heuer. Those who like Heuer would be happy, but what happens to TAG?

TAG would be left with the F1, Connected (sans Carrera name), Link, possibly the Aquaracer and any new names/watches they choose to create. But would that be viable enough? Especially when TAG can't seem to shake the bad rap they get from some?

Seems pretty risky that one side or both might be worse off after the split.

I don't think a separation would work unless you have Heuer as a subsection of TAG. It would still have to be in the same store, for example, and I doubt there will ever be the custom or the number of pieces available for it to be considered a viable separate business.
Plus, even if you span it off, TAG are still going to be making modern Carreras and Monacos, why on Earth would they stop doing that? That would be suicide.
But I agree with Heuer London, it would be nice for Heuer fans to be able to buy genuine 're-editions' with modern movements and 5 year warranties,
Again I can only assume they just don't believe the sales potential is there, or they would do it.

It's odd, you know, another video from Teddy Baldassarre praising the new 39mm Carreras to the skies, but has anyone actually bought one?

has anyone actually bought one?
I am pretty sure I read in some forum that at least one person was considering to maybe buy it :thumbsup:

I am pretty sure I read in some forum that at least one person was considering to maybe buy it :thumbsup:
He did buy it, it was @Steven winton who bought the blue glassbox. Also there are two on the forum with the reverse panda, @Hubert and @Gala M. So a total of 3 on the forum so far.

Yup, I think I was the first with the reverse panda.
upload_2023-6-4_19-16-58.png
Yes you were the first to announce you had bought one. But I believe @Gala M posted his pic on the same day you received your delivery. I recall seeing his in the "What Are You Wearing" thread and yours in this thread.

Yup, I think I was the first with the reverse panda.
upload_2023-6-4_19-16-58.png

I think I missed this one, what’s your verdict? Particularly the bezel? How do you like it compared to the old glassbox?

I think I missed this one, what’s your verdict? Particularly the bezel? How do you like it compared to the old glassbox?
I posted some side-by-side shots and impressions here.

I posted some side-by-side shots and impressions here.
Not fair to put it next to the ice panda. The new sort of glassbox makes the ice panda look even sexier (and the other way around)

Not fair to put it next to the ice panda. The new sort of glassbox makes the ice panda look even sexier (and the other way around)
Yes, the heritage panda for the win.

Yes, the heritage panda for the win.
e557ee66-6050-4316-8620-39ef9283e288-featured-f8fee606f6348d2d7b743ddf55abd089.png

Dunno where to put this info, I know we were talking about it before in some thread or other. I was just told (by someone who should definitely know) that the F1 range is 40-45% of the business. Presumably in units sold, but... in the context of the conversation I'm actually not so sure!