Watches and Wonders 2023

Last time I checked, Hodinkee sells alot of watches, different brands, from Grand Seikos to Omegas and even Apple watches.

I’m not sure if the meaning of this is if we shouldn’t listen to them just because they sell those watches or any shop who sells watches with positive reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

This. It's not in their interest to say anything negative.

This. It's not in their interest to say anything negative.
This is why I only read ABTW, they have been able to maintain some sort of integrity and remain a site that reviews, writes and speaks about the watch industry.

This is why I only read ABTW, they have been able to maintain some sort of integrity and remain a site that reviews, writes and speaks about the watch industry.

I stick with THEB. Just waiting for Rob to start the BB58EB to round out my watch reading

I used to read ABTW a lot, but feel they now look more for the micro/ unusually brands - it does feel as if Arial has been slightly ostracised from the industry.

The ‘Dink you have to take with a pinch of salt, all reviews are favourable (& seemingly more so to their partners). They’ve also become more ‘lifestyle’ but guess that’s the market they need to move into, surely this niche industry can’t sustain them forever. I still like their presence on YT, Brandon seems a good reviewer & I’ll always read what James Stacey does as I think he’s great.

I enjoy Fratello the most, RJ has responded many times to me online & I think they’re on the level & not biased. Also cater for more watches in my taste. Plus the comment sections can be a good read.

I stick with THEB. Just waiting for Rob to start the BB58EB to round out my watch reading
YES! :D

ABTW has a fairly good and receptive feedback as well :thumbsup: Click here ;)

:D

reworked for 2023 with nearly 40 percent more diamonds (15.5 carats in total) than the first iteration
So someone looked at it and said, "it's just not bling enough"

So someone looked at it and said, "it's just not bling enough"
The sad thing is that it aint even real diamonds. These were manufactured in a lab...

I could live with the dial, but the case and bracelet is absolutely atrocious!!!!!

Didn't give us the part number for the bloody bracelet though did they!
Surely the bracelet is part of that watch. Unless they think someone might want to order it to put on a different model? Or maybe someone will buy this watch and put it on a cheap NATO. :D

I could live with the dial, but the case and bracelet is absolutely atrocious!!!!!
Looks like it was designed by a mentally challenged child.

Yupp - just wrong on any conceivable level :confused:

I actually feel the bracelet completes the over the top look of the watch. I prefer this year's model over last year's. If you're going to go for a gaudy showy watch, why not go all out! :whistling:

I can understand that logic, I really can, but I think it’s more a case of if you’re going to be mindlessly stupid just to show off then go all out.

What makes it worse for me is that these are lab made diamonds, yet only a few actually fill the cut out in the case and bracelet. If ever there was a time where they should fit perfectly…

The Diamond crown is a nice touch
Now that does make more sense.

I was thinking earlier that this would be a whole lot cooler if it had the diamond dial and crown but was set in a plain black case with matching bracelet…or even Gold or Platinum perhaps.