Watches and Wonders 2023

Personally a non dive/ tachy bezel watch for is best between 36-38mm (at a push Panerai at 44mm was OK).

I think the above looks good as an everyday watch, but agree it's personal preference and size of the person.

Would love some non date auto watches - be it Aquaracers, Carrera's. Whilst a useful complication I just prefer no dates.

Honestly, even this photo doesn't really show how small it looked.

When the guy handed it over Jim just looked embarrassed to even be trying it on.

They certainly won't put a TH shield on the L/H Monaco. That would kill the sales dead. People who want that watch want it to say Heuer on it. As much as it must agitate Freddie, it can't be done. But if he did it would push up the prices of the 'Heuer' branded ones... but he won't. Remember, prime consideration is cash flow.

Really they should never have used the Heuer name again, then they wouldn't be in this mess. But they took the bait and now they have to deal with all this...

But they’re not exploiting the Heuer name - which is mostly respected by all watch enthusiasts (not necessarily TH’s majority fan base, but park that for now).

They could make the four iconic watches and then retire the Heuer name if Freddy doesn’t like it/want to use it: Carrera 2446NS, Autavia 2646 Rindt, and Autavia 2646 GMT (for which they might be able to use the same motor for the former two, and possibly the same case for all three (though there aren’t many GMT Chronograph calibres about, and that may rule it out - there again, just add a Pepsi 12 hour bezel to the Autavia), and the Monaco CAW211P which is already in production.

Drip feed them in batches if they want to ensure continued demand. And then carry on with whatever stategy they have for TH.

However, I still believe a better move is to re-issue almost all of the Heuer historic chronographs. I can’t think of a bad one off the top of my head.
Edited:

It's a funny thing watches, it's like they never actually give you what you want because they think then they'll lose you as a customer. Like they did the Dark Lord, but not really... it would be interesting to hear Frederic's thoughts on your idea. I guess it would depend on the potential sales as to whether they think it's worth it? Isn't part of the problem now that the new watches are so expensive it almost makes more sense to buy the originals?

BTW, the discontinuance of the CAW211P is just a rumor. I personally doubt it will happen until a successor product is ready for release.
I wonder where these cancelation of 211P rumors came from?

I've never heard that rumor. What did happen was, during the pandemic the parts for the 211P were in particularly short supply, so boutiques and ADs expected not to get very many of them for a bit. That's clearly over now as there's a 211P in every TAG display

I've never heard that rumor. What did happen was, during the pandemic the parts for the 211P were in particularly short supply, so boutiques and ADs expected not to get very many of them for a bit. That's clearly over now as there's a 211P in every TAG display
Thanks for clarifying A to the dam, at least we know then the Heuer logo will live forever in at least one model

I was told by the AD when i collected mine in Febrary/ March the 211P was to be discontinued this year. Also from another forum possible before Christmas, I saw screen grabs that WoS by email confirming 211P to be discontinued

But presumably it will still be available in that large country that Michael mentioned, right?

Thanks for clarifying A to the dam, at least we know then the Heuer logo will live forever in at least one model

"A to the dam..." :confused::D:cool:

I was told by the AD when i collected mine in Febrary/ March the 211P was to be discontinued this year. Also from another forum possible before Christmas, I saw screen grabs that WoS by email confirming 211P to be discontinued
This all just sounds like rumours to me, show us the print screens please ;)

Actually maybe deleting it would make sense. Surely it's time for a slightly different version to get all those SMQ fans juiced up again and of course some will buy again, no incentive to buy the 211P if you've already got one. Maybe they make it 38mm and the forum loses its mind?

Entirely possible but given the sales figures I agree that they probably wouldn't remove it from the lineup without at least plans for a direct replacement.