Watches and Wonders 2023

Actually, you're not so wrong there... I have to write about trying on the Dark Lord. I loved that.

But I don't much like indy500 or the new green Carrera...
I do like the black and orange swirly 42mm Carrera. But not for 5000 quid, and I really like the two tone Aquaracer in blue, but again the price is silly.

So the conclusion is 'it's just as bad on the wrist as it is in the photos'?

It's the curved Autavia style bezel that kills it for me. Been hoping it's better on the wrist

Now I'm confused again...

What in this new Carrera's bezel is reminiscent of an Autavia? 👎

Now I'm confused again...

What in this new Carrera's bezel is reminiscent of an Autavia? 👎
I guess the current Autavia line…

Was speaking to my Boutique manager earlier about the 39mm Glassbox collection.
While it was a huge success on release hype wise it hasn't turned into huge sales.

They were hopeful of a big uptake on this model but it seems the sales figures have really been underwhelming.

All the press has been super positive from all over the Watch World so why hasn't it been more of a success yet?
I have a theroy ...the majority of sales comes from tag fans(sporty, in your face modern)and random buying public and not Heuer/ watch enthusiast that do blog and praise the return to form while majority of people love the pictures of the glass box, in person the 39mm(they think is a woman watch)

Tag should release a 42mm version as well as the 39...my 2 cents

The lady at the boutique where I tried it on said she would wear it.... so it's unisex for sure.

Hahahaha. She loved it... she also loves the new green Carrera. I don't know what's wrong with her....

Hahahaha. She loved it... she also loves the new green Carrera. I don't know what's wrong with her....
Does she like the pink Carrera?
I'm getting the feeling that guys like the pink Carrera (in concept) more than the gals (in reality).

I guess the current Autavia line…

I still don't understand the move to mushroom pushers.

I still don't understand the move to mushroom pushers.
I think there in lies part of the issue. People who like heritage (as you do) may find some of the modern touches questionable (i.e. tachy bezel treatment, pushers etc.). People who like modern may not care for the retro touches (i.e. date at 12, fauxtina etc.). So although the new glassboxes were meant to combine the best of modern & retro, the result may have missed the mark, being neither heritage enough or modern enough depending on one's view.

Having said that, I think it's still too early to say. Anthony's contact is just one data point, we really don't know how well these are selling from a global perspective.

The funny thing is, by calling it the worst ever, you've probably blessed the reverse panda into winning a 2023 GPHG award or at least being a finalist. 🙄

Recall the Pistachio Breitling that you hated so much, it ended up being a GPHG finalist. Or your least favorite glassbox, the Hodinkee Dato 45, winning the COCO WOTY. You've got a decent track record for hating on things that are viewed as winners by others. LOL 😉

The lady at the boutique where I tried it on said she would wear it.... so it's unisex for sure.

When I as picking up the WoS Carrera, all the female SA were mentioning they had the 160th Carrera in but felt it was tiny and too small

The funny thing is, by calling it the worst ever, you've probably blessed the reverse panda into winning a 2023 GPHG award or at least being a finalist. 🙄

Recall the Pistachio Breitling that you hated so much, it ended up being a GPHG finalist. Or your least favorite glassbox, the Hodinkee Dato 45, winning the COCO WOTY. You've got a decent track record for hating on things that are viewed as winners by others. LOL 😉

That's just how I roll.

When I as picking up the WoS Carrera, all the female SA were mentioning they had the 160th Carrera in but felt it was tiny and too small

Thing is that 39mm Carrera feels way smaller than my 40mm Aquaracer.