Watches and Wonders 2023

Them Times & tide showing the colourful unisex 36mm Carreras. I think these dials are superb

IMG_2774.jpeg

IMG_2775.jpeg
Am I the only the one that feels that these watches are already too small/short for the hand model in the video?

Personally, I’m loving the green & gold version as well as the design of the bracelet. Hoping they’ll tweak the 39mm in that sense at some point (currently, I find that one still a bit too boring)…

Albert's Connected collection is like a snapshot of history....
The box is proper cool too.
;)
I don’t have the complete set of the Connected Modular 45 Giro d’Italia Limited Edition (101 pcs), just its pink logo strap (which was very hard to find).

Previous picture of the box is by TAG Heuer. This picture is from my watch:
A79DDB1F-A97C-4905-8382-421D3963F904.jpeg

I think it's fantastic that someone has collected so much of the connected range. We should start a crowd fund to buy him the 02T module
I really appreciate the idea. Thanks! ;) :thumbsup:

Am I the only the one that feels that these watches are already too small/short for the hand model in the video?

Personally, I’m loving the green & gold version as well as the design of the bracelet. Hoping they’ll tweak the 39mm in that sense at some point (currently, I find that one still a bit too boring)…

They could make the 39mm so much more interesting if they introduced some different colours into the range, like how Omega recently done with the Aqua Terra.

Was speaking to my Boutique manager earlier about the 39mm Glassbox collection.
While it was a huge success on release hype wise it hasn't turned into huge sales.

They were hopeful of a big uptake on this model but it seems the sales figures have really been underwhelming.

All the press has been super positive from all over the Watch World so why hasn't it been more of a success yet?

Do I count? :D I also wasn’t really overwhelmed by the way that bezely “thing” stuck against the crystal. Or the small size. Or the very conservative colors…

But isn’t 4 weeks of time a bit short to judge the success of a new model?

Do I count? :D I also wasn’t really overwhelmed by the way that bezely “thing” stuck against the crystal. Or the small size. Or the very conservative colors…

But isn’t 4 weeks of time a bit short to judge the success of a new model?

I'm sure that headquarters would have had some sort of idea or target even after 4 weeks.
Just underwhelming so far for a massive announcement. Lots of effort has gone into the Carrera for this year.

While it was a huge success on release hype wise it hasn't turned into huge sales.

They were hopeful of a big uptake on this model but it seems the sales figures have really been underwhelming.

All the press has been super positive from all over the Watch World so why hasn't it been more of a success yet?
Good question.

The press has been positive, but I do wonder if some of it is like the "Emperor's New Clothes". I don't recall any press saying they like these new ones way more than the heritage glassbox. Unlike the Tudor BB54, which several in the press seem to view as an improvement over the BB58. Also, since these aren't LE's, there's no rush to get one.

Frankly, I am not surprised. From the beginning, I thought this new glassbox embedded bezel had too many shortcomings and firmly believe it will just be a phase in the history of the Carrera.

As for the press, it has a very short memory and you'll regularly find echoes from the past. In fact, plenty of articles and interviews from the past few years, all stated the latest collection at the time was a clear turning point and the best one yet.

Give me a silver 160 over these anyday. Or any of the glassboxes come to that, even the wonky Dato.

I have just read Rob's blog post and agree with him (including about the size, btw.):

It just feels like TH was trying, with this new glassbox design, to solve a problem that no one really ever had in the first place. When JH decided to print the scale on the tension ring, it served a purpose…

I’m still wondering what purpose the is new design solution serves. Making an outdated design feature that no one ever uses (I.e., the tachymeter scale) more “useable”? :thumbsdown:

I'm sure that headquarters would have had some sort of idea or target even after 4 weeks.
Just underwhelming so far for a massive announcement. Lots of effort has gone into the Carrera for this year.

One of my TAG contacts tells me it's selling well, but I'm not entirely sure I believe what they say anymore because that's all I ever hear from them. :cautious:

I have just read Rob's blog post and agree with him (including about the size, btw.):

How all great posts start. Hahahahaha. But yes, because of my 'reputation' I had to spend the first two paragraphs justifying my position so that it wasn't just 'of course Rob hates it'.

Clearly Anthony didn't read it yet. :D

Nah I read all your blogs.
I look forward to them. That's how I came to the assertion that you don't like many current and new offerings.